SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2020 Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/446643-class-march-2020-part-3-a.html)

venuscat 04-08-2020 01:01 PM

It's a beautiful photo. :) :hug: s xx ❤️

Tinkerbeau 04-08-2020 01:05 PM

Lovely photo Be

Willow00 04-08-2020 01:46 PM

Morning everyone :)

That’s a beautiful photo Be :)

Freedom it’s great that you recognise the AB as separate to yourself, that’s been hugely helpful for me to kick it in the butt too :buttkick:

Be123 04-08-2020 02:24 PM

Just had a long conversation with my wife. Not good. I think it really is the end of my marriage. I know I go through ups and downs with the way I feel, but as time goes on it does seem like the worst is happening.

I am working in therapy on how I respond to this, and despite being very sad and scared I can see that I will survive no matter what happens. That's big progress for me...and staying sober and improving myself is a huge part of that progress.

Night all, I'm anxious and sad but I'm sober and have hope that I'll survive and come out the other side

venuscat 04-08-2020 02:29 PM

I am so sorry dearest Be. :( :hug: s xxx
And really incredibly impressed by your response here. xxxxx :hug: ❤️❤️

Dee74 04-08-2020 02:38 PM

Hey Be

I think this time of enforces lockdown is tough on many marriages.

I know its hard when you want to fix things right now, but I think you're still gonna have to wait and see how things play out, one day at time style.

D

Dee74 04-08-2020 02:40 PM

:scared:
Really glad you dismissed that idea FF.

D

Bilr44 04-08-2020 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Be123 (Post 7420891)
Just had a long conversation with my wife. Not good. I think it really is the end of my marriage. I know I go through ups and downs with the way I feel, but as time goes on it does seem like the worst is happening.

I am working in therapy on how I respond to this, and despite being very sad and scared I can see that I will survive no matter what happens. That's big progress for me...and staying sober and improving myself is a huge part of that progress.

Night all, I'm anxious and sad but I'm sober and have hope that I'll survive and come out the other side

Sorry to here that BE. Hang in there and continue to post here. Good to hear that you are working on this with therapy. Any chance of couples therapy?

Be123 04-08-2020 08:49 PM

She says no Bilr. Because she feels I've abused her emotionally she's gone straight to Divorce (in effect) from us being 'normally married'. I have two competing sets of feelings over that...firstly, fair enough, I probably was emotionally abusive so I see why she feels like that. But two, it seems a bit extreme after 20 years of marriage, not trying to resolve things.

I haven't said the latter to her, of course. I've suggested counselling and she's saying No, we ne. To celebrate, there is no way the harm
fan ever be repaired'z

Willow00 04-08-2020 08:55 PM

I’m so sorry to hear that Be.
I’m not quite sure what your last paragraph means though?

Just popping in to say a quick hi, I’ll be back later

freedomfries 04-08-2020 09:08 PM

I'm so sorry Be

Be123 04-08-2020 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Willow68 (Post 7421077)
I’m so sorry to hear that Be.
I’m not quite sure what your last paragraph means though?

Just popping in to say a quick hi, I’ll be back later

Thats fair enough, it's gobbledigook

It should say:

I haven't said the latter to her, of course. I've suggested counselling and she's saying 'No, we Need to separate for good, there is no way the harm can ever be repaired'

Tinkerbeau 04-09-2020 12:10 AM

So sorry to read that Be, but you never know time can be a healer and if you continue to show your wife your changing and are sorry for the past things may change. But stay strong.

freedomfries 04-09-2020 12:13 AM

It's been four weeks.

so that's four weeks of taking my meds everyday without missing days because of benders
They're working pretty well now so that's good

Tinkerbeau 04-09-2020 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by freedomfries (Post 7421129)
It's been four weeks.

so that's four weeks of taking my meds everyday without missing days because of benders

Freedom that is brilliant, well done

freedomfries 04-09-2020 12:27 AM

Just finished reading More, Now, Again by Elizabeth Wurtzel
A memoir of addictiom

Very frustrating read
Kept screaming to myself "why are you doing this?! Why won't you just stop?"

Made me realize how frustrating it must have been for people around me when I was drinking
​​​​​​

Be123 04-09-2020 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by freedomfries (Post 7421129)
It's been four weeks.

Brilliant Freedom, that's great news!!

Tinkerbeau 04-09-2020 01:33 AM

Starting to think alot about an ex, wanting him to come back into my life, wondering if i try law of attraction stuff will it happen, stupid i know but this is often a sign of relapse for me. I do not want to drink so i need to be on my guard

Dee74 04-09-2020 02:02 AM

Is this the same ex TB? maybe you need to re -read posts from last time or the time before?

D

Tinkerbeau 04-09-2020 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7421162)
Is this the same ex TB? maybe you need to re -read posts from last time or the time before?

D

yes and i know dee its just my mind playing tricks on me wanting a imagined life that doesn't exist