SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of August Part 2 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/441523-class-august-part-2-2019-a.html)

Trojanhorse 09-07-2019 06:54 AM

Off to the farm today hopefully get some harvesting in, Been reading a lot of posts and there are so many of us that have quit the booze but are still struggling with other issues. Anxiety, overeating, depression etc. I fall into the overeating and overconsuming of diet pepsi, I'm drinking it like water. Its time to look at these before they get out of hand. I know its early in sobriety chain, day 23, but it has to be addressed. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.

Have a clean and gorgeous weekend everyone, tkr

venuscat 09-07-2019 07:16 AM

Well, now that you bring it up dear TH :)
I wonder if the pepsi is the problem.....all the way around.
If you stop drinking it I bet you will feel radically better and if you swap it for water, you will lose weight big time....just watch your metabolism speed up. :) :hug: s

Udntknowme 09-07-2019 04:11 PM

What a sweet and wonderful group we have here.

Unfortunately. it's day one for me again. I'm going to go to sleep before I finish the bottle.

Dee74 09-07-2019 04:51 PM

Pour the bottle out and get some rest Udntknowme - welcome back :)
you too Quit :)

D

Udntknowme 09-08-2019 01:04 AM

I immediately found something I didn't miss for that little time I quit. It was great not having to play 20 questions: "Did I really do that? Did I dream that? Am I forgetting something? Did I text them drunk? Will I have to face the consequences tomorrow for something I don't even remember doing? "

Trojanhorse 09-08-2019 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Udntknowme (Post 7263740)
What a sweet and wonderful group we have here.

Unfortunately. it's day one for me again. I'm going to go to sleep before I finish the bottle.

Welcome back, but can I suggest dumping that bottle down the sink. You will feel better after that

Trojanhorse 09-08-2019 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Udntknowme (Post 7263924)
I immediately found something I didn't miss for that little time I quit. It was great not having to play 20 questions: "Did I really do that? Did I dream that? Am I forgetting something? Did I text them drunk? Will I have to face the consequences tomorrow for something I don't even remember doing? "

Gosh I remember that game, used to find out days later I had sent a rude text, or said something that I can't take back, forget what I did, I was a mess. Not quite as sharp as I use to be when I was young, but a heck of a lot better than when I was smashed everyday.

Stick with us Udntknowme, this forum can help.

Trojanhorse 09-09-2019 06:02 AM

Wishing everyone a lovely Monday as we all head back to work after a clean weekend. Good for you for making it through, off to another day. Remember every day brings more healing, more personal power. Keep it up.

tkr.

Dee74 09-09-2019 05:41 PM

you too Trojanhorse :)

D

Trojanhorse 09-10-2019 05:33 AM

Wondering how everyone in the class is doing as me move into mid September. Check in and give us an update, love to hear from you.

tkr

venuscat 09-10-2019 10:04 AM

If it gets too quiet love, pop into another class thread if you like....I did that....my Feb 13 class was not very active after a bit, so I moved into March. :)

I am really good....had a great morning at college.
How is your day? :hug: x

Trojanhorse 09-10-2019 07:05 PM

My day was decent, work keeps me engaged for the day. I taught school and coached for 26 years before my decisions, flooded by booze, got me in trouble. I now have a new supervisor job at a mine and although different, I don't mind it. I do miss coaching though. Maybe someday I will get back into it, for now work and farming fills my days.

So cool that you are in college, proud of you. Keep at it, I know you are going to kick butt there.

venuscat 09-11-2019 07:01 AM

Awwww, thank you. :) :)

I hope you do get back into coaching....I bet you are fabulous at it. And your job sounds very interesting but terrifying to me because I am claustrophobic. :fright:

Huge hugs. xx

Trojanhorse 09-13-2019 07:16 PM

Looks like this thread has run its course. I have taken the advice of people on here and moved to new threads to continue to find support in the stories of all fighting this illness. Thank you class of 19, tomorrow will be a month clean for me. You have been a huge part of that success.

Dee74 09-13-2019 07:57 PM

congrats on your month trojanhorse :)

D

venuscat 09-14-2019 06:09 AM

Congrats from me too TH!!! :)
And really glad to see you in the September class thread. :) :hug: s