SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2019 Support Thread (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/437456-class-april-2019-support-thread.html)

venuscat 04-04-2019 10:52 AM

Hi Marie....so glad you joined the class. :hug:

Withdrawal can be pretty difficult....I know it was for me....some people are comfortable talking to their doctors: it can be a really good idea if you are feeling very unwell.

Lots of water if you can, and try to eat something little. Cheese on toast is good.... :)

I am just popping by.....I know Dee is asleep right now.....just wanted to say hello. :hug:

Peaches1234 04-04-2019 11:24 AM

Just went and cleared out all the hidden empty bottles to go out for recycling tomorrow. And collected all the stashed empty glasses in the dishwasher. One bottle was still mostly full. Hesitated for 2 seconds and dumped it out. Not today, wine! Not one empty bottle/dirty glass left

Macaroni1234 04-04-2019 12:04 PM

Detetmined

had two days drank on day 3. Back on the wagon. April is our month to do this. I can’t lie anymore to myself. I see it clearly now and I am determined to see this through. I now know I must stop. New place for me. It’s good though. I’ll keep checking in and I know I’ll feel much better tomorrow. Lack of sleep is my biggest issue. Dr gave me medication but it doesn’t work at all!

venuscat 04-04-2019 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Peaches1234 (Post 7157790)
Just went and cleared out all the hidden empty bottles to go out for recycling tomorrow. And collected all the stashed empty glasses in the dishwasher. One bottle was still mostly full. Hesitated for 2 seconds and dumped it out. Not today, wine! Not one empty bottle/dirty glass left

You go girl.....that is fantastic! Seriously empowering. :) :hug:

venuscat 04-04-2019 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lila125 (Post 7157801)
had two days drank on day 3. Back on the wagon. April is our month to do this. I can’t lie anymore to myself. I see it clearly now and I am determined to see this through. I now know I must stop. New place for me. It’s good though. I’ll keep checking in and I know I’ll feel much better tomorrow. Lack of sleep is my biggest issue. Dr gave me medication but it doesn’t work at all!

Just a little sleep help that works for me....soaking your feet for a few minutes (I do this before I brush my teeth) in a foot bucket in warm to hot soapy water....it feel lovely and helps to release the body's natural melatonin....it always helps me. Just calms me a little and makes me feel sleepy.

Sorry to chime in uninvited.....just so proud of everyone who is here....that is a huge win....we are all choosing ourselves and our lives by being here and talking abut all of this. :hug:

Really hope your head is better today Sated. :hug:

Mariecheese 04-04-2019 12:35 PM

Thanks for the great advice venuscat, and well done peaches I have got rid of all my empty bottles today too, feeling glad I dont have any booze left stashed in the house. I've just got a cup of tea, still got the shivers and aches and pains... not expecting to sleep well tonight but rest will be good.

Citrus 04-04-2019 01:07 PM

Count me in for the class please. Day 1. This insanity has to stop.

Mariecheese 04-04-2019 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Citrus (Post 7157845)
Count me in for the class please. Day 1. This insanity has to stop.

hi citrus, day one for me too. We can do it

Teetotaler56 04-04-2019 03:45 PM

Hang in there Marie. I'm also struggling right now (day 3), which is why I stopped in to see if anyone else is in the same boat. Let's wake up with a smile on our faces in the morning! I'm thinking about how good that first cup of coffee, with a little heavy cream, but without hangover is going to taste first thing in the morning. Let's ride the waves tonight and not listen to our addictive voices. I'm thinking of setting a timer and getting busy for a few minutes until this wave passes. Let's do this!

dickensen 04-04-2019 04:15 PM

Class of April 2019

Hang in there. The chains of alcohol get weaker every day.

All kinds of good things happen without booze - better sleep, more energy, more time, less weight, better liver, more money, no hangovers, clearer mind, better creativity and productivity, better outlook, better relationships, and more self respect

Teetotaler56 04-04-2019 04:21 PM

:tyou for your support Dickenson. Very motivating at the moment!

Dee74 04-04-2019 05:03 PM

Welcome Citrus, MarieCheese Lila and JamesSquire.
Thank for your input help and support Dickensen Delilah Snitch and Venuscat :You_Rock_

Offthemast 04-04-2019 05:07 PM

Day 6. Battled some severe dry mouth today. Not sure if that has something to do w/ craving or pollen or vitamins or protein drinks.

Just know I felt like a cartoon dog drooling for a steak.

Plenty of water tonight. Have a good night my friends. Stay mindful of why you want this. On day 6 a lot of pains magically(sarcastic) vanish! It is then you have to remember, I have to remember the world of hurt I was in just a week ago.

Dominica2 04-04-2019 05:57 PM

Hi All. I would like to join this class. I am on day 3. Today is the day I usually give in. I am having issues with sleep. I am using OTC sleeping pills but most times that doesn't work, That is really the only issue with sobriety I have besides filling my time. Usually from 6PM to Midnight I am downing a bottle of Bacardi and sleeping until noon the next day. I LOVE waking up without a hangover, granted I can actually sleep. Anyway, just a little bit about where I am at right now. I really want to succeed this time.

venuscat 04-04-2019 06:06 PM

You can do it Dominica!!! :hug:
Welcome love. ♥

Tetrax 04-04-2019 06:14 PM

Hey, hope to join this class soon.

Well done everyone staying clear of the stuff.

Teetotaler56 04-04-2019 06:22 PM

Welcome Dominica! Stay strong. We'll see Day 4 in no time!

Teetotaler56 04-04-2019 06:29 PM

Hi Tetrax! Welcome! :)

Dee74 04-04-2019 06:49 PM

Welcome Dom - welcome Tetrax - join today - no waiting :)

D

Peaches1234 04-04-2019 08:49 PM

Day 2 in the books. Worked and kept busy but got stressed with the whole kids night routine. Nothing too bad though, more mental than physical. Hoping to sleep well tonight!