SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2019 Support Thread Pt 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/436338-class-february-2019-support-thread-pt-2-a.html)

trudgingagain 02-15-2019 05:44 PM

James....have not seen you on here before....maybe the time difference?

SIB 02-15-2019 05:46 PM

Ending of day 16, can't wait for 30 and then 60. Last time I did this 60 was where I really took off with living sober and slowly stopped even thinking about booze. It's like a complete lifestyle 180.

Addy47 02-15-2019 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Canuck76 (Post 7125302)
You are our resident cheerleader Addy!

Hahahaha! What do they say? “Fake it til you make it”??? Getting out of “myself” really helps me. I am trying to stay out of my crazy head as much as possible so I’ll be a cheerleader for sure! I was a real cheerleader in high school but I sucked! And thought it was dumb. :lmao

Addy47 02-15-2019 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by FoieGras (Post 7125350)

Welcome!

So proud of you - after that difficult detox!

When I left work today the “Hey it’s Friday let’s party” voice started up. I ignored it and it did go away. Now I’m sitting in my chair with my cat on my lap, having had a good dinner and a nice piece of chocolate. The voice is quiet. The cat is not. (Purr purr purr...)

I haven’t gotten my chocolate yet but I have TWO cars laying in me purring in different octaves. Lol

Addy47 02-15-2019 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by JamesSquire (Post 7125359)
Brisbane, Australia
Beautiful one day, Perfect the next

It kind of makes it difficult because you guys are asleep when AV is calling out to me and I'm a day ahead in time.

Well I’m a night owl! I usually stay up til like 1:00-2:00 am Eastern Standard time.
It’s 9:10 pm on Friday, February 15th where I am and it’s 12:10 pm on Saturday, February 16th where you are.

Soooo at 1:00 am my time it will be 4:00 pm your time so you can catch me awake from the time you wake up in the mornings until 4:00 pm! I think there is someone else from Australia in our class!

Addy47 02-15-2019 06:16 PM

Ohhhh yeah...Canguy is an Aussie!

Addy47 02-15-2019 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by SIB (Post 7125371)
Ending of day 16, can't wait for 30 and then 60. Last time I did this 60 was where I really took off with living sober and slowly stopped even thinking about booze. It's like a complete lifestyle 180.

Congrats on 16! :scoregood

canguy 02-15-2019 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Addy47 (Post 7125386)

.....and Dee.

Evoo 02-15-2019 08:09 PM

Hey all — had a very nice evening. Hope you’ve had a good night so far! (And to our Aussie friends — afternoon!).

My buddy came over to hang w/ me, the wife and our 6-week old, I made keto almond flour pizza rolls (dipped in this great 25 year basalmic vinegar) and spicy hot wings (even kicked out the deep frier for it). Never made them before, but they were crispy and damn perfect!

A very good night. Focusing on cooking is a hobby I really lean into. How were others evenings?

Addy47 02-15-2019 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by canguy (Post 7125405)
.....and Dee.

Dee’s an Aussie??? I had no idea! Awesome!

Addy47 02-15-2019 10:32 PM

Evoo the wings & pizza sound soooo good! Cooking is one of my favorite things to do. I love it for so many reasons. We will have to trade recipes. I have some good ones and it sounds like you do too. Mmmm...

Nite Y’all! It’s 1:30 am my time! I seriously need to get on a normal sleep schedule. That’s my next goal.

canguy 02-15-2019 10:58 PM

Cooking is a big part of sober life for me too. Sometimes feels a bit pathetic.....( I only cook for myself)......making these solitary meals. But its a routine, maybe a bit of an indulgence. Can have the same thing a couple of nights in a row if I want.
Get it right.....try it a couple of different ways.
But dessert is inevitably dark chocolate.......really get through it in early weeks of a sober run. That, and coffee.

JamesSquire 02-15-2019 11:08 PM

Dee, Saoutchik and Canguy will vouch for me :lmao
I've been AWOL for a while

I believe he may have been in January 2015 class with me

I don't think he sleeps either, he seems to be able to read every post :thanks

Ps Dee, I think the multiquote function is AWOL too

Dee74 02-15-2019 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Addy47 (Post 7125524)
Evoo the wings & pizza sound soooo good! Cooking is one of my favorite things to do. I love it for so many reasons. We will have to trade recipes. I have some good ones and it sounds like you do too. Mmmm...

Nite Y’all! It’s 1:30 am my time! I seriously need to get on a normal sleep schedule. That’s my next goal.

Originally Posted by canguy (Post 7125535)
Cooking is a big part of sober life for me too. Sometimes feels a bit pathetic.....( I only cook for myself)......making these solitary meals. But its a routine, maybe a bit of an indulgence. Can have the same thing a couple of nights in a row if I want.
Get it right.....try it a couple of different ways.
But dessert is inevitably dark chocolate.......really get through it in early weeks of a sober run. That, and coffee.

Originally Posted by JamesSquire (Post 7125539)
Dee, Saoutchik and Canguy will vouch for me :lmao
I've been AWOL for a while

I believe he may have been in January 2015 class with me

I don't think he sleeps either, he seems to be able to read every post :thanks

Ps Dee, I think the multiquote function is AWOL too

testing

D

Dee74 02-15-2019 11:13 PM

use this button for all the posts you want to quote:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...iquote_off.gif

and then this one for the final one
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...tons/quote.gif

I think the max is 3 or 4 quotes

D

JamesSquire 02-15-2019 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by canguy (Post 7125362)
You into Day4 now?.......Day 4 has always been the the first milestone for me. Its the point at which the worst of the come off is over, apparently the alcohol is physically out of your system and the point at which sleep starts to get better.
All the best.

Thanks mate, just finishing Day 3
I'm looking forward to tomorrow, now LOL

canguy 02-15-2019 11:36 PM

Hi JS......I remember you from that class too.
We just can't stay away, lol

JamesSquire 02-16-2019 12:28 AM

Speaking of time zones, how does it work when both Dee and I thank Canguy, today. Dee's 'Thank You' says yesterday? :dee

canguy 02-16-2019 01:25 AM

Not sure what is goin on there JS.....both mine say 'today'.

But looking around.....its Sat nite and I'm the only one here, lol.

Caramel 02-16-2019 01:31 AM

^ you are never alone ;)