SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 423 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/434917-24-hour-recovery-connections-part-423-a.html)

venuscat 12-21-2018 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by 1newcreation (Post 7080841)
Hi MsV? Its been a min since heard from you but thanks
I am ready for work tomorrow so 24 pls

Hello love....yes, I am sorry bout that.....sending love and hugs and Christmas joy to my beautiful friend. :hug: ♥♥

venuscat 12-21-2018 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Larrs430 (Post 7080851)
1st 24 for me in over a year!

Welcome and that is wonderful Larrs! :) :hug:
Onward together. :hug: ♥♥

venuscat 12-21-2018 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Delilah1 (Post 7080882)
9:58 pm in California and checking in for another 24. I am officially on vacation!! I worked a half day, then volunteered in my son's classroom. Then I took my daughters to see The Nutcracker, followed by dinner. It was a great day.

Congrats to all celebrating a milestone.

❤️Delilah

You are just awesome. Always. :) ♥♥
And I love The Nutcracker. :) :hug:

Birkie 12-21-2018 05:49 AM

I'm in for 24 more please.

Thanks for the post Kenton. You have a good heart but it sounds like you're right about not getting too consumed by that one passion. Remind yourself that you are doing something already to help the homeless and that is making a difference!

venuscat 12-21-2018 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Willow68 (Post 7080887)

Thank you Kris :hug: I do hope I find a new peace, and I’m sure I will one day. I did actually manage to duck away from everyone for 10 minutes yesterday and light two candles for my parents, in a church I spotted near the pub as we were about to leave, which was a beautiful, if sad, reprieve. I’m finding it difficult to maintain a bright face. I just want some quiet time to myself and am trying to find it whenever I can. It’s a bit of a whirlwind trip and a combination of guys and girls we’re catching up with, friends and family, at various locations. We flew here for a holiday and we’re touring around from place to place in a hire car to my partner’s home town and surrounding countryside where he grew up. It’s also raining, so there’s actually not a lot options for me to go anywhere other than everywhere he goes in the car for the next couple of weeks as we’re staying at a different place every night. I just wish there was less focus on drinking all the time. I can much more easily escape from it when I’m home. I am trying to make the most of it as an adventure, an opportunity to see new places and hopefully the weather will clear up so we spend less time inside pubs or at people’s houses drinking, and can get outside a bit more. I know I am not in the best place this Christmas, mentally or emotionally, as I’m still grieving. A lot. I know it’s 4 months but the pain is still so raw. I will be ok, I just have to not drink. Sorry to whinge and sound ungrateful for the opportunity to travel, but I just wish I wasn’t constantly surrounded by so much alcohol use at the moment. I just want to run away from everyone and hide. But I will find quiet time and comfort when I can, and look for alternates to hanging out with the drinking when I can.
Thank you ❤️

You are not whinging or sounding even a tiny bit ungrateful love. :hug:

And four months is like yesterday honey....this is raw and fresh.
I would be buying drinks to take with me to all of those houses love....make yourself comfortable. Gosh, just tell people you are not drinking this Christmas....end of story.....bet they don't even ask why. I would say that I am honouring my parents. Wanting to be present.

Love you to pieces. Keep talking.....we will help you through this weird week or two. :hug: ♥♥

venuscat 12-21-2018 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Chaisson (Post 7081048)
Signing on for 24. I'm heading to South Carolina today for a long weekend visit with family. My sister asked what my drink of choice is so that we can all sit out by the fire and enjoy. Oy. I'll enjoy it just fine with seltzer, so I see a couple of conversations are in store....

Have a great Friday!

Tell her hot chocolate. :)

Sending love and wishing you a wonderful time. :hug: ♥♥

venuscat 12-21-2018 05:55 AM

I think you are just sensational kent.....and I love that you are running with this. Hey, get the kids involved....that's one way of fitting more charity work in. Some people have a special gift for this: I think you are part of that tribe. :) :hug: ♥♥

venuscat 12-21-2018 05:56 AM

And hello dear Birkie. :) :hug: ♥♥

vanaprastha 12-21-2018 06:13 AM

24 more please.

H379 12-21-2018 06:33 AM

Praying for another 24 hours. Best of luck to everyone.

Hats 12-21-2018 07:58 AM

Another 24 for me please

Tynesider22 12-21-2018 08:14 AM

Another 24 hours for me please

BlueWellies 12-21-2018 08:24 AM

Happy Friday everyone! 24 more for me, please :tyou

Neoo 12-21-2018 09:00 AM

Thought I would share a pic of the two of us :) - https://imgur.com/eSKWnA9

venuscat 12-21-2018 09:23 AM

:) Very nice love.....I like the look in her eyes. :hug:

Neoo 12-21-2018 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7081201)
:) Very nice love.....I like the look in her eyes. :hug:

Thanks Venus :) She is really nice and we seem to want the same things so hope all works out :hug: :You_Rock_

Neoo 12-21-2018 09:44 AM

Also she is not a drinker or very very seldom has a glass of wine :)

venuscat 12-21-2018 09:55 AM

Awesome..... :)
I like her.....I like you happy....I just want you to protect your heart a little....I don't want you to get hurt again. I am feeling good about this though.....don't get me wrong....just being a big sis. :) :hug: ♥

Kris47 12-21-2018 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7080708)
This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 6 pm EST ~ 5.59 pm EST.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us! :) :hug: ♥

1newcreation
ardy
Atlast9999
Awake61
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Birkie
BlueWellies
Bonniefloyd
BringingBack B
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
Chaisson
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coldfusion
Coco6054
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
dizzybee
DrakeCKC
Endoftheday
erfra7
EverySngleNight
Finalround
FormerBeerLover
gatorman
Gilmer
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Guener
Hats
Hevyn
Jack16
jimmyJlover
joandmelandhan
John65
jsm273
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
kevlarsjal2
Kris47
least
LillianGish
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Minion09
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
PhoenixJ
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
Recoverywfaith1
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
Snufkin
soberista
SoberLeigh
stargazer016
Stubbs16
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
TheToddman
theVman31
Time2LLL60
Tinker B
tomls
Tynesider22
vanaprastha
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
whopper
wiscsober
Willow68
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog
zoeydog

Onward together!

https://i.imgur.com/PxOWcKL.gif

December 21, 2018

:nyvhttps://i.imgur.com/Mj9HQIw.gif:nyv
yukonm ~ 11 years & 4 months!

https://i.imgur.com/ZvsJ9ZS.gif

CONGRATULATIONS Yukon!!!

Kris47 12-21-2018 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Willow68 (Post 7080887)

Thank you Kris :hug: I do hope I find a new peace, and I’m sure I will one day. I did actually manage to duck away from everyone for 10 minutes yesterday and light two candles for my parents, in a church I spotted near the pub as we were about to leave, which was a beautiful, if sad, reprieve. I’m finding it difficult to maintain a bright face. I just want some quiet time to myself and am trying to find it whenever I can. It’s a bit of a whirlwind trip and a combination of guys and girls we’re catching up with, friends and family, at various locations. We flew here for a holiday and we’re touring around from place to place in a hire car to my partner’s home town and surrounding countryside where he grew up. It’s also raining, so there’s actually not a lot options for me to go anywhere other than everywhere he goes in the car for the next couple of weeks as we’re staying at a different place every night. I just wish there was less focus on drinking all the time. I can much more easily escape from it when I’m home. I am trying to make the most of it as an adventure, an opportunity to see new places and hopefully the weather will clear up so we spend less time inside pubs or at people’s houses drinking, and can get outside a bit more. I know I am not in the best place this Christmas, mentally or emotionally, as I’m still grieving. A lot. I know it’s 4 months but the pain is still so raw. I will be ok, I just have to not drink. Sorry to whinge and sound ungrateful for the opportunity to travel, but I just wish I wasn’t constantly surrounded by so much alcohol use at the moment. I just want to run away from everyone and hide. But I will find quiet time and comfort when I can, and look for alternates to hanging out with the drinking when I can.
Thank you ❤️

Ah Sweet One, :hug:

4 months is but a short time! And grieving takes up all your psyche for awhile. You are not whining. You are grieving, remember? ;) And newly sober, too. Phew! lol. You just need to take it moment by moment, odaat. And you will find strength. I see it in you. Awesome that you managed to see and go into the church. My heart is on your heart. I understand. I'll be wishing you sonshine, no matter the weather. Blessings...………...