SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 407 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/431851-24-hour-recovery-connections-part-407-a.html)

Sunflowerlife 09-02-2018 03:29 AM

https://s33.postimg.cc/j469jl7vj/404...89891584_n.jpg

zoeydog 09-02-2018 03:42 AM

Starting Day 8. 24 more please …

FBL 09-02-2018 03:43 AM

It's 5:43 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.

gatorman 09-02-2018 03:51 AM

24 more please!

PhoenixJ 09-02-2018 04:02 AM

Support toyou sfl

yukonm 09-02-2018 04:16 AM

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 7:16am in Jacksonville, Florida!!

Congratulations to all those celebrating milestones today!! :a122:

venuscat 09-02-2018 04:20 AM

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 8 pm EDT ~ 7.59 pm EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us! :) :hug: ♥

1newcreation
abcowboy
allishope
ardy
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Ben123
BringingBackB
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
CeeFarro
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coldfusion
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Dreamcatcher
erfra7
EternalNow
Free2bme888
ForMe247
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
gypsytears
Hats
Hevyn
Jack16
joandmelandhan
John65
jsm273
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
kevlarsjal2
KeyofC
Kris47
least
LillianGish
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
LoveHateWhine
lyddie
Mags1
Mark1014
Michael2018
Minion09
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
Nonfiction1
ODAATCAT
Patterson
PhoenixJ
Plenny
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
rae1973
Rar
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
ShenzyT
shortstop81
SnoozyQ
Snufkin
soberista
SoberLeigh
stargazer016
StartAnew68
StartingOverNW
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
Tang
tgirl
TheToddman
theVman31
time2LLL60
Tinker B
tomls
vanaprastha
venuscat
VikingGF
Vinificent
WaterOx
WeaverBird
whopper
Willow68
wiscsober
xpander76
Yixi
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog
zoeydog

Onward together!

https://i.imgur.com/7HSxSJG.jpg

September 2, 2018

:nyvhttps://i.imgur.com/dWa6xA4.gif:nyv
Jack16 ~ 3 weeks!
ForMe247 ~ yesterday, sorry ~ 1 month!
theVman31 ~ 6 months!!
Canadian Koala ~ 1 year & 9 months!
kenton ~ 1 year & 10 months!
vanaprastha ~ 3 years & 1 month!

https://i.imgur.com/ckGgW5t.gif

Saskia 09-02-2018 04:22 AM

In for another 24

venuscat 09-02-2018 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by LillianGish (Post 7001142)
https://s8.postimg.cc/5oiqzaeh1/4735...D9_BAF2_C9.jpg

:) space kittens

Another 24 hours please. May I embrace my life and all I see and learn.

Wishing everyone a peaceful sober night.
Lillian

Space kittens huh.....so one is me and the other one is you. :biggrin:

Love you dear Lillian.... :hug:

And good morning and may I please have 24 more?
Ooodles of love to everyone. ♥♥

venuscat 09-02-2018 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Minion09 (Post 7001164)
24 more!! Late check in. Saw Christopher Robin movie today and who would have thought that would be a trigger, but it was! Flooded with stuff from my childhood!! Sooo took me back to my life in the UK all those years ago! All ok though, stuck close to my peeps today and just chilled and they knew I was a little off. Emotions where in my throat! Grateful to have framily who get it! Just drank my calm magnesium drink and will try to meditate and allow my head to clear. 88 in the books! Much love ❤️

:hug: s ♥♥

That stuff tiggers me too.....first of all I left 1950s copies of AA Milne books in my flat in Melbourne, sigh, and everything Pooh and friends was the gift my mum gave me....such magic....probably just like yours.

"Hush hush whisper who dares...." always makes me cry.

I am so glad you have people around you who support you. :) :hug: ♥

venuscat 09-02-2018 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Willow68 (Post 7001218)
24 hours please.
I haven’t felt like posting at all.... and then I just found a bunch of private messages I didn’t know I had received. Thank you all ❤️❤️❤️ Your support somehow released a little of my grief and has allowed me to come here and share that I am struggling with grief over losing first my beautiful Mum and then also my Dad in quick succession and I don’t have much to offer you at all, just my love and support to everyone else who’s struggling ❤️❤️❤️ I will not drink. You don’t need to drink no matter how awful things get and how overwhelming life gets. Drinking won’t help. Thanks for your messages of support at this extremely sad time in my life. I may not say much here for a while but I do send my Love to you all
:Val004:

Oh Willow....sweetheart....I am so sorry....I have been so sick, I did not know about your dad.....my God love....just massive hugs and we are all here for you. I am available if you want to talk honey.....just so much love. :hug: ♥♥♥♥♥

ChloeRose63 09-02-2018 04:33 AM

In for 24 more.

venuscat 09-02-2018 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Plenny (Post 7001229)
Hi Willow, love you lots

Hi everyone, I'm not up on the thread of course, I'm posting sporadically around the forum, but kind of low energy. But I'm here and I'm sober.

But why can't I learn to keep an even keel with my moods. Huh?

Your mission for today is to go easier on yourself dear Plenny.....you are a wonderful support....you just sent me a beautiful message...and hey, 3 years and 10 months and I am not on any kind of even keel yet. :)

Maybe one day. :) :hug: ♥♥

venuscat 09-02-2018 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Michael2018 (Post 7001258)
Hello all.

Just 8 days complete for me. Looking to make it 9 by the end of today.

Awesome to see you again!! :) :hug: ♥

venuscat 09-02-2018 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Delilah1 (Post 7001210)
I found out earlier today that my husband had to meet with HR at work and may lose his job. Trying to breathe and figure it out, hoping it doesn't happen, but also worried that if he is fired and they say there is cause he may not be able to collect unemployment.

A little earlier today I found out a friend from HS has been diagnosed with stage four ovarian cancer. At first it was just uterine, and when she went in for a hysterectomy they found masses on her ovaries, and it is advanced.

Right now I am just trying to stay focused on breathing. I'm praying for her, and that she somehow finds a way to fight, we are going to talk tomorrow.

As for my husband's job, what happens isn't in my control, and we will just need to figure it out. The fact that we are midway through the chapter 13 bankruptcy doesn't help, but we have three healthy and happy kids, and we are both fairly healthy, and that is the important piece.

Tonight I'm focusing on breathing.

I am so sorry about your friend love. :hug:

And that is scary re your husband's job, for sure.....praying that this works out for him and you honey. I know you will keep looking after yourself here....but don't forget! You are precious to us. :hug: ♥♥

venuscat 09-02-2018 04:43 AM

kenton you are divine.....thank you honey!!!! :) ♥♥♥

I'm sorry no one remembered the date love....actually, I just did the same thing and felt awful. My sister messaged me not because of my personal issues, but because it was the anniversary of my mum's death. I forgot. I actually spent most of last night awake feeling horrendous.

I don't like remembering these dates....I said as much to my sister last night....I prefer to think of my parents on their birthdays and wedding anniversary.

:hug: ♥♥♥♥

Sunflowerlife 09-02-2018 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ (Post 7001339)
Support toyou sfl

Thanks PJ

venuscat 09-02-2018 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife (Post 7001315)
6:11 am

It's a beautiful rainy day here in the NorthEast, USA.

Not feeling well- not doing well with the food. I did great all day at work yesterday and then we went to a neighborhood party and I was fine until dessert was served and my 4 year old did not finish his cake. Guess who ate it?

I am sick and tired. If I was trying to stop drinking I just wouldn't go to places that serve alcohol. That's how I stopped drinking. I built a little cocoon of safety and I stayed there until I felt strong enough to come out. I can't do that with food. It's everywhere. There are parties, holidays, dinners out- celebrations. There are sweets at work, sweets in the cupboards sometimes for the boys- it's everywhere. I just want to get through these next 6 days without touching a drop of sugar. I have a baby shower to go to and I am probably five pounds heavier than I was before the summer and I am very anxious about it. Nothing is fitting me comfortably anymore.

I don't want to care about these things but the way I eat determines the way I feel, 100%.

The other night I had the worst sleep I've had in a while. I kept tossing and turning and waking up and each time I would think, "God, I hand this addiction over to you" and "God please take these cravings away from me" and "God, I hand this over to you now."
I believe in a higher power and my connection to the Divine is pretty strong these days but I am still struggling with the idea that God will actually take this away from me. I don't believe that my prayers are answered in that way. I believe I am the only one who can do the work, who can change. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't know how having a higher power actually fits in to all of this.

I'm lost and confused.
I'm bloated and carb hungover.
I'm not devoting 100% of myself to my recovery. My sponsor told me to do my food/body inventory a month ago and I'm not making the time to do it. What do I expect then? How do people work the steps in AA- how long should it take? I feel like if I'm not going to actually do the work, then none of this is going to happen.

Just feeling really disappointed in myself.

(((Sunny))) ♥♥♥

Honestly, if I was your sponsor, the answer to your question would be to work through the steps now....all of them. I would give you a week on each...you need to be able to move past this pain, and I truly do agree that this program helps us to shift our focus and feel so much better about ourselves.

I see Nick is here....hello love :) And I think he would agree....the work he has done in the past few weeks is stuff he has wanted and needed to do for a long time, but didn't have the right sponsor and probably wasn't ready.....it takes what it takes....you should see him....I saw him a couple of days ago and he looks like a different man. His eyes are even a different colour....more green than hazel....I can see his soul.....he looks like a person who found peace. It's a beautiful thing to see.

I'm not sure about this food inventory thing.....it sounds a little strange to me....not part of the steps. But if you like your sponsor and she is helping you, that's good.

I hope she is available for you to talk to every day....that is so important. Here for you my friend....love you very much. :hug: ♥♥

venuscat 09-02-2018 04:55 AM

:) Take 2 ♥

September 2, 2018

:nyvhttps://i.imgur.com/dWa6xA4.gif:nyv
zoeydog ~ yesterday, sorry ~ 1 week!
Jack16 ~ 3 weeks!
ForMe247 ~ yesterday, sorry ~ 1 month!
theVman31 ~ 6 months!!
Canadian Koala ~ 1 year & 9 months!
kenton ~ 1 year & 10 months!
vanaprastha ~ 3 years & 1 month!

https://i.imgur.com/ckGgW5t.gif

Dee74 09-02-2018 05:10 AM

prayers and best wishes for you and your grandchildren Erfra.
good to see you here StartAnew :)

Hope all is well with your husbands job Delilah - and many prayers for your HS friend.

I'm sorry your still struggling SFL - I hate seeing you beat yourself up like this tho.

It was Fathers Day in Australia today so thanks to all the SR dads here and those Dads living on in peoples hearts.

D