SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/430970-class-february-2018-support-thread-pt-5-a.html)

Misc72 12-15-2018 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by iwilltryagain (Post 7076959)
Hi Good morning.....
I am still here and I feel this thread is still strong and going...I always think of you guys in back of my mind even if i am not posting. - Aly, OOTT, CYH, Sunshine, Dee, JimiC and all of you....I am with you..
I am doing good so far. Taking it one day at a time. I don't have urges but there are triggers all over the place...from football games to TV to festivities to etc. etc. I am staying vigilant.
I am going to stadium to watch football game tomorrow. Man tickets are expensive. What the heck, I saved all that money not drinking...I can do at least this much for myself...:)...I am super excited.
Day 221 no drinks, one day at a time, staying sober and strong...
Thank you all for your support...
Have a great day...

Thanks for the update. I'm formerly Sunshine, now Joy.. long story. Anyway, I'm mostly in Class of December now. But I'm always "home" with my Fab Febs... Or the band... :-)

iwilltryagain 12-18-2018 04:23 PM

Good evening...
Thanks for all the support...
Game was awesome, enjoyed it thoroughly...
Day 224 no drinks, one day at a time, staying sober and strong..
Have a great night....

JimiC 12-20-2018 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7075640)
some threads die and then some die off and then come back Aly.
I think there's still life in this one yet,

You guys ready for our winter tour? Let's rock!

Joy and I briefly tried a failed moderation experiment. Yeah I know dumb, but I honestly never tried to set a drinking frequency limit. I didn't go nuts, but broke the rules pretty quickly. So that's that, an important lesson and part of the journey.

I worked in the city today and then did some Christmas shopping, what a madhouse! I should have walked further to check out the tree in Rockefeller Center, but it was a long a$$ day. I bought my self a few presents too and gave them to my wife to wrap, that's how you do it after 17 years together lol. The new Chris Cornell 4 CD box came in the mail today, didn't give that one to her :)

Glad to see the gang is here and doing well!! Love you guys....Jimi

JimiC 12-20-2018 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Alysheba (Post 7075781)
OOTT, YOU have a Ton to contribute! (not just a little) I love it when you post!

I'm not so familiar with this OOTT character and think his posts are meh:kabong:;):nanarock

Misc72 12-20-2018 06:29 PM

JimiC-I'm ready to rock! Let's roll! You should have forced yourself to see the tree!!! Then you could have shared the picture with us. We do the same things for Christmas gifts. I send my husband a cart and just pays and wraps. Vice Versa. lol!! It's not what's under the tree, but who's around the tree, anyway..

iwilltryagain 12-22-2018 09:35 AM

Good morning...
Nice to hear from you guys...
Things going well here...i have setup alexa and talk to it/her often and plays pretty good music...crazy :)...
Day 228 no drinks, one day at a time, staying sober and strong...
Thank you all for you support...
Have a great day!

iwilltryagain 12-23-2018 08:25 AM

Good morning....
Happy Sunday!!
Day 229 no drinks, one day at a time, staying sober and strong...
have a great day!

CrossYourHeart 12-23-2018 05:23 PM

Good to see Jimi in the house. Welcome back! Merry Christmas everyone.

CrossYourHeart 12-23-2018 05:25 PM

Our best gift this year was our son coming home from the Navy unexpectedly. He’s been expecting to be deployed, but it got delayed, so he came home instead, and we got to surprise his mom at work. She bawled; it was beautiful :)

Dee74 12-23-2018 05:39 PM

That's fantastic CYH - merry Christmas everyone :)

D

JimiC 12-24-2018 04:01 AM

That’s so awesome CYH. Those videos where the military folks surprise their families make me tear up

Merrry Christmas everybody!

Outonthetiles 12-24-2018 11:20 PM

Merry Christmas, Febs! I hope everyone has a great, sober holiday.

Outonthetiles 12-24-2018 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by JimiC (Post 7080703)
You guys ready for our winter tour? Let's rock!

Joy and I briefly tried a failed moderation experiment. Yeah I know dumb, but I honestly never tried to set a drinking frequency limit. I didn't go nuts, but broke the rules pretty quickly. So that's that, an important lesson and part of the journey.

I worked in the city today and then did some Christmas shopping, what a madhouse! I should have walked further to check out the tree in Rockefeller Center, but it was a long a$$ day. I bought my self a few presents too and gave them to my wife to wrap, that's how you do it after 17 years together lol. The new Chris Cornell 4 CD box came in the mail today, didn't give that one to her :)

Glad to see the gang is here and doing well!! Love you guys....Jimi

Well, you know what happened to me today.... I went out Christmas shopping and ended up buying those two framed posters.... for me!!!!

Outonthetiles 12-24-2018 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by joy57 (Post 7080796)
JimiC-I'm ready to rock! Let's roll! You should have forced yourself to see the tree!!! Then you could have shared the picture with us. We do the same things for Christmas gifts. I send my husband a cart and just pays and wraps. Vice Versa. lol!! It's not what's under the tree, but who's around the tree, anyway..

Yeah Jimi, you're right in the middle of the action but you didn't get pictures for us. I'm stuck in the hinterlands, you should have crawled to Rockefeller on your hands and knees to get the shots for us.

Outonthetiles 12-24-2018 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by JimiC (Post 7080706)
I'm not so familiar with this OOTT character and think his posts are meh:kabong:;):nanarock

Hahahaha, I like your style.

iwilltryagain 12-25-2018 10:23 AM

Merry Christmas to all...
Hope you all are having a great day...Sober...
Day 231 no drinks, one day at a time, staying sober and strong....
Thank you all for your support....
Have a great day!

Dee74 12-25-2018 04:08 PM

Hope everyone had a great day :)

D

CrossYourHeart 12-26-2018 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by JimiC (Post 7080706)

HAHA!! You two kill me.

Outonthetiles 12-26-2018 12:39 PM

Hay everybodies! I hope everyone had a great Christmas.
IWTA, congrats on 232 days. You are doing great, and so are you CYH.
I hate little in jokes and secrets, so just to let everyone know, the two framed posters I bought are the iconic picture of Led Zep in front of their tour plane in the 70s, and a great picture of Jimi Hendrix silhouetted against a stack of blown Marshall amps. I went out shopping for everyone else, and found those two posters for a great price in a CD/vinyl shop, and bought them for myself! I guess even though I'm sober, I'm still sort of an ass at times!
So the Zep poster has Robert Plant bare chested, and Mrs. Tiles was wondering why an adult has a picture of some sweaty half naked dude that he wants to display in the living room in an otherwise mature, grown up house.

I said it's a rock thing, you wouldn't understand!

Outonthetiles 12-29-2018 12:24 AM

Just checking in. Please let me know how it's going for everyone. Business as usual here for me at the end of the year.

Dee74 12-29-2018 01:09 AM

All good here OOTT

time for a thread change tho - join us here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ad-pt-6-a.html

D