SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 401 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/430773-24-hour-recovery-connections-part-401-a.html)

IcedVoVo 08-02-2018 04:02 AM

24 please?

Xx

Awake61 08-02-2018 04:25 AM

24 for this hazy summer day. Grateful for you all here.

joandmelandhan 08-02-2018 04:26 AM

Sending you strength and hugs sweetpecan. The fear is really rough for a while I remember it well. I'm glad you have the fellowship and us to lean on. Don't be shy we are here 24/7 ❤❤❤

gatorman 08-02-2018 04:32 AM

24 more please!

zeppodog 08-02-2018 04:36 AM

24 hours sober please.

Minion09 08-02-2018 04:39 AM

Good morning US side! 58 days today and the weekend is upon us. I’m feeling grateful but also a bit apprehensive today. A BIG part of my support system is heading out of town on vacation tomorrow for 10 days, they’re my family (not blood but chosen). They’ve supported me sooo much, and it’s going to be weird not having that outlet where I can just show up and it’s ok. I have other systems in place but I’m still somewhat scared, but I will not drink! I’m in for 24 more for sure and I will be hitting more meetings these next days ahead and checking in with my SR peeps along with my connections at AA.
Have a great day folks!! Just one more!! 💕

stargazer016 08-02-2018 04:52 AM

24 more please at 7:50 am.

Have a good day all!

wiscsober 08-02-2018 04:52 AM

Book. Mark. Phew! & caught up on posts/threads. Have a grand day everyone.

vanaprastha 08-02-2018 04:58 AM

24 more please.

Plenny 08-02-2018 05:11 AM

Good luck Willow! Airports are so tough

CrossYourHeart 08-02-2018 05:13 AM

Good Morning, SR. 24 please. Thank you.

Rar 08-02-2018 05:21 AM

Good Morning Everyone. 24 more sober hours for me please. I won't drink today!

Congratulations to today's milestoners. :You_Rock_

There are lots of folks struggling today - including myself. Sending lots of prayers for everyone. :grouphug:

8:21 a.m.
EST

Sunflowerlife 08-02-2018 06:40 AM

9:31

Struggling a lot this week with a combination of feelings of change, uncertainty and lonliness. I started a new job which always rattles me and my routine. I am not doing well in my marriage and my parents and sister are gone for the rest of the summer.

I never realize how much I rely on the safety of my family until they all leave for vacation. It's not like I see them every day or even once a week at times- and still when they aren't here I can feel the absence of their energy and it takes me back to a place of feeling very lost and alone.

As for my marriage, I am not sure what is going on. We talked this morning but there still is a lot of confusion around what is actually happening. All I know is that he is going to sleep in the guest room for a bit and I am taking over the master bath (it used to be his bathroom) since I will be sleeping in the master where all of my things/clothing are anyway. It's not a big change really- other than his glasses he has nothing of his own in the master. He never used his nightable and my stuff was in the dresser and closet since he used the dresser and closet in the guest room anyway. I guess without knowing it, we were already divided when we moved in last May.

Anyway. I have myself busy as usual today, doing household things- deep cleaning the master bath so I can make it my own. Laundry as usual and maybe listing some thing on Ebay for extra cash and to declutter. I haven't worked out all week. I'm so bloated and uncomfortable I can barely move and I'm too ashamed to be wearing tight fitting clothing.

I feel so sick from binge eating these last 2 days- I don't think I can even eat today. I will, but physically I don't feel so good. My food addiction is at its highest right now- and the AV is just like it was when I was a drunk. It's loud, it creates fantasies in my head- it affects my mood and my actions. I hate it. I need to be stronger today. I already took 2 bites of a trigger food and then threw the rest out. I just can't binge again today. I am so sick to my stomach, I could vomit.

I need a lot of love today. I need healing. I need forgiveness and clarity. I need support. I need someone to love me because even though I've been married for 7 years, I don't feel loved nor do I have it in me to love him. I will focus on my kids since I love them unconditionally- it's the only things I've got right now.

Staying hopeful, as always. I know things will get better than this. At least I've got my sobriety. And my husband for the first time EVER admitted this morning (when I asked) that he agrees he had a drinking problem and that alcohol played a role in most of the "bad choices" he made for decades of his life. He hasn't had a drink since last September which I am grateful for. But he hasn't done any work around it yet.
Anyway, I'm rambling.
Here for 24 more hours of freedom and desperately asking for 24 hours of freedom from compulsive overeating as well.

badgerden 08-02-2018 06:42 AM

24 please

badge

CaseyW 08-02-2018 06:43 AM

I am not going to drink today. Thanks to all.

Snufkin 08-02-2018 06:44 AM

Uh huh. For some reason I am feeling very triggered today and my sick brain is thinking of every single trick to get me to drink...

Do I realllly have a problem? Am I not just overreacting? Can I drink today, and start again tomorrow? Do I really have to give up for good? etc etc

Yawn

Damned days off... I need a distraction!! :(

24 more for me, please.

venuscat 08-02-2018 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by goose333 (Post 6972050)
Kenton... maybe you should add a few hours every time he asks. See if he notices. :)
So many people struggling today. Hang in there all of you. Things will get better. Sometimes it takes a while, but things will get better.

I need 24 today
Today's quote...

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places
-Ernest Hemingway

5:44 am EDT

Ha....have you noticed my signature? ;) :) :hug:

Reading all of these posts is filling my heart with more love than I ever knew I was capable of.....kev and Plenny and Alex.....and kent and jo....goose :)....oh my gosh.....such special people here. ♥♥♥♥♥

kevlarsjal2 08-02-2018 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Snufkin (Post 6972242)
Uh huh. For some reason I am feeling very triggered today and my sick brain is thinking of every single trick to get me to drink...

Do I realllly have a problem? Am I not just overreacting? Can I drink today, and start again tomorrow? Do I really have to give up for good? etc etc

Yawn

24 more for me, please.

Hi Snufs, just try and remember how you felt every time after you drank and what happened. And remember it's not you asking yourself those questions, it's him :crypig !!

Don't take life advice from a pig throwing a tantrum :)

Do you have anything you could do today to keep yourself busy? Maybe meet with a friend? Play with Leon and start packing some boxes? Or draw / paint a little?

Sending you many hugs!! <3

venuscat 08-02-2018 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Snufkin (Post 6972242)

Yawn

24 more for me, please.

Tell your brain to please stop spouting nonsense my love. :hug:
Tell it "thanks for sharing".
Ask it if it's the one who is going to have to deal with the god-awful hangover tomorrow?
Oh no.....just encourage me to hurt myself and let my body bare the brunt. Thanks a heap brain.....

Messenger is on.
We are here for you.....love you very much!! :hug: ♥♥

venuscat 08-02-2018 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife (Post 6972233)
9:31

Struggling a lot this week with a combination of feelings of change, uncertainty and lonliness. I started a new job which always rattles me and my routine. I am not doing well in my marriage and my parents and sister are gone for the rest of the summer.

I never realize how much I rely on the safety of my family until they all leave for vacation. It's not like I see them every day or even once a week at times- and still when they aren't here I can feel the absence of their energy and it takes me back to a place of feeling very lost and alone.

As for my marriage, I am not sure what is going on. We talked this morning but there still is a lot of confusion around what is actually happening. All I know is that he is going to sleep in the guest room for a bit and I am taking over the master bath (it used to be his bathroom) since I will be sleeping in the master where all of my things/clothing are anyway. It's not a big change really- other than his glasses he has nothing of his own in the master. He never used his nightable and my stuff was in the dresser and closet since he used the dresser and closet in the guest room anyway. I guess without knowing it, we were already divided when we moved in last May.

Anyway. I have myself busy as usual today, doing household things- deep cleaning the master bath so I can make it my own. Laundry as usual and maybe listing some thing on Ebay for extra cash and to declutter. I haven't worked out all week. I'm so bloated and uncomfortable I can barely move and I'm too ashamed to be wearing tight fitting clothing.

I feel so sick from binge eating these last 2 days- I don't think I can even eat today. I will, but physically I don't feel so good. My food addiction is at its highest right now- and the AV is just like it was when I was a drunk. It's loud, it creates fantasies in my head- it affects my mood and my actions. I hate it. I need to be stronger today. I already took 2 bites of a trigger food and then threw the rest out. I just can't binge again today. I am so sick to my stomach, I could vomit.

I need a lot of love today. I need healing. I need forgiveness and clarity. I need support. I need someone to love me because even though I've been married for 7 years, I don't feel loved nor do I have it in me to love him. I will focus on my kids since I love them unconditionally- it's the only things I've got right now.

Staying hopeful, as always. I know things will get better than this. At least I've got my sobriety. And my husband for the first time EVER admitted this morning (when I asked) that he agrees he had a drinking problem and that alcohol played a role in most of the "bad choices" he made for decades of his life. He hasn't had a drink since last September which I am grateful for. But he hasn't done any work around it yet.
Anyway, I'm rambling.
Here for 24 more hours of freedom and desperately asking for 24 hours of freedom from compulsive overeating as well.

I love you so very much darling Sunny. :hug: ♥♥♥♥♥

Home all day. :hug: