SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 400 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/430556-24-hour-recovery-connections-part-400-a.html)

Delilah1 07-27-2018 12:13 PM

12:12 ok in California and checking in for another 24 on number 400 of my favorite thread!!!

Congrats to all celebrating a milestone. Happy Friday everyone!!

❤️Delilah

Delilah1 07-27-2018 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by quitter62 (Post 6966469)
I’ll do another 24 hours of FREEDOM!

Looked at my APP and it says 600 days SOBER today. That’s a NICE ROUND NUMBER. Never thought I would be here in my lifetime! Thank you SR Friends!!!

That's a pretty awesome number, and I had no doubt you'd get there!

Neoo 07-27-2018 01:41 PM

Goodnight Guys :grouphug:

venuscat 07-27-2018 02:10 PM

Yeah.....big sorry from me Kev darling....not all mums were like mine.
That stuff hurts. :hug:

Hey....how did you get so amazing? You need to be proud of yourself. :) :hug: ♥♥

soberista 07-27-2018 02:17 PM

Checking in for another 24 please. Xx

Willow00 07-27-2018 02:21 PM

Congratulations Venus, Snufkin, Neo and NewCreation on your milestones ❤️ :You_Rock_
Congratulations on 600 days Quitter!

Well done Sweetpeacan on resisting that sneaky lying trickster AV, you’re doing great ❤️:hug:

PJ :) 15kg of clay is a LOT of clay, wow! It sounds fascinating, I’ve always been intrigued by sculpting and potting but I’ve not done any since school days. I’ve thought heaps of times about signing up for classes (for fun, I don’t think I have any talent in that area lol) but haven’t so far... I’d love to see pictures of it’s progress if you want to show us :)

Kevlar I wonder if your Mum is subconsciously trying to make up for neglecting you when you were younger... It sounds like she’s probably rewritten history in her mind to protect herself (my Dad did this) but I think she really cares about you even though she seems bossy now. I think that’s maybe just her way of showing her love for you. It’s really hard but so good (and I think necessary) for our soul to try to forgive past hurts, although I know it can be so very difficult. My Dad abandoned me when I was a little girl and it has messed me up sooo much for so many years, and really really messed with my relationships... I’m still dealing with forgiveness, although now Dad is dying and I’ve realised that not just for him, but for my OWN recovery and mental health I needed to forgive him. And I think I finally have realised that he only did what he had to do in order to survive. I’m sure in hindsight he had depression too. Very sadly he now has terminal cancer and he is finally on antidepressants himself ❤️ and I love him and I forgive him for everything. And I tell him this all the time now, and mean it. It took me a long, long time to deal with my issues and really know this in my heart ❤️ I’m glad your Mum came over and you talked, I think openness about what annoys us is important, along with compassion on how we deliver our criticism :) ❤️ My Mum drives me nuts sometimes too but she’s getting old and frail and is as tiny as a bird and I love her to pieces and try to be as compassionate, caring and loving as I can ❤️ Sorry, that turned into a big spied all about me! You will enjoy your me-time weekend Kev! :) ❤️

It’s 7.20am Sat morning in Australia. Just saying again that these sober Saturday mornings totally rock!!!!! :dance8:
:banana:
I just love ❤️❤️❤️ all you guys for helping me get here! Day 76 today :) Another 24 for me please, love and support to everyone ❤️ xxx

venuscat 07-27-2018 02:26 PM

Tired and sad. snuf just basically said goodbye....no clue what's next. I need to go for a walk and cry.

kevlarsjal2 07-27-2018 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6966727)
Tired and sad. snuf just basically said goodbye....no clue what's next. I need to go for a walk and cry.

Suze.... don't know what to say. :( :( :(

I hope she's alright

Willow00 07-27-2018 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6966727)

Oh no Suze :hug: ❤️ xxxxxxx

Free2bme888 07-27-2018 02:33 PM

Suze. Oh no!!!!

(((Snufkin)))))

Willow—- Great!!!!!:)

Day 76. So wonderful.

Checking in at 1632 in northern Illinois after wonderful day

I’ll take 24 more here on thread number 400 ;)

venuscat 07-27-2018 02:35 PM

Don't get me wrong....she just said she is drinking and can't stop and she was suffering so much and then she closed her FB acct.

I am praying xx

venuscat 07-27-2018 02:48 PM

Sorry guys....that was not cool....I had a bit of a meltdown.....still having it to be honest, but this is the truth of this thing.....and I don't know how to stop crying right now.

Love. Faith. Us Together....every single one of us makes the whole. ♥

Goat 07-27-2018 02:49 PM

Praying with you love

Willow00 07-27-2018 02:51 PM

((((Suze))))
((((Snufkin))))
❤️❤️❤️❤️
Together we are stronger :grouphug:

Willow00 07-27-2018 02:54 PM

Free, great to see you :hug:

Daisybelle 07-27-2018 02:55 PM

10.55 p.m in North West U.K

24 more for me please.

Sending you a big, fat hug Venuscat. X

venuscat 07-27-2018 03:14 PM

:) thank you....love and hugs to you sweet girl. :hug: ♥♥

Kaneda8888 07-27-2018 03:30 PM

Checking in for 24

kevlarsjal2 07-27-2018 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6966716)
Yeah.....big sorry from me Kev darling....not all mums were like mine.
That stuff hurts. :hug:

Hey....how did you get so amazing? You need to be proud of yourself. :) :hug: ♥♥

No worries love! :hug: And no need to be sorry, you couldn't know that of course!

And AAAAWWW that's so sweet of you to say <3 <3 I try my best to break the cycle and hopefully become a wonderful mum myself one day :) It's what I really hope to be!

Finalcall 07-27-2018 04:22 PM

24 more