SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 390 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/428688-24-hour-recovery-connections-part-390-a.html)

SoberLeigh 06-11-2018 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 (Post 6923343)
Happy Monday??
Please count me ALL in for another 24 hours of freedom.
Congratulations to everyone celebrating a Milestone today!! :You_Rock_

Life has been tough the last few days.... but I'm so grateful that I no longer drink AT family, friends or life circumstances. It certainly never helped me.

Hugs, peace, strength and love to all.....xxxx

(((((dear bandi)))))

SoberLeigh 06-11-2018 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by kenton (Post 6923358)
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing OK. I'm doing well.... out of hospital and adjusting to life with my new vision. It is incredible how the brain adjusts to stuff. I barely notice the blackness on my right eye vision now. My left eye is still working fine despite the retinas looking more than a little ropey. Does ropey translate outside of the UK? It means dodgy or knackered or pretty bad. But despite having ropey retinas, I can still see out my left eye so it's all good.

My lack of vision has led me on an interesting path to reiki. I love it and I've enrolled into a reiki course on 24 June which also happens to be my 600th day of sobriety. Can't think of a better way to celebrate than learn more about reiki. I'm going to do the course with one of my daughters.... she's excited and so am I. I reckon my ropey retinas need as many reiki professionals in this house as possible :)

Been writing loads of my new book. I thought I'd better get on with it in case blindness comes and I need to get a talking computer. I love writing so much. It makes me feel calm and happy and positive.

I guess I've realised that silver linings are everywhere....if you look hard enough. Which in my case means looking really really hard.... damn these ropey retinas.

Love to you all.... 24 more for me please xxxx

So much love to you, dear kenton. You are a truly amazing woman.

SoberLeigh 06-11-2018 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 (Post 6923546)
Free

:nyy❤️:nyy❤️:nyy

Congrats, dear Free!!!!❤️

SoberLeigh 06-11-2018 10:25 AM

Special love and thoughts, dear Snuf. Be very good to your beautiful self.

SoberLeigh 06-11-2018 10:26 AM

Count me in, please. Lots of love to all

Hats 06-11-2018 11:23 AM

Another 24 for me please

soberista 06-11-2018 12:51 PM

Im totally in for the next 24. Xx

quitter62 06-11-2018 12:58 PM

24 More is the Plan of the Day!!!

Feeling better than ever, happy and content. BUSY as always but nothing wrong with staying busy. Wife and I are ALWAYS working on projects around the house, some minor, some major.

SOBRIETY ROCKS!

Have a great day my FRIENDS!!!!!

Neoo 06-11-2018 01:10 PM

If I’m been honest in the way I’m feeling at the moment and the way I was feeling while drinking I find it hard to notice the difference.

Sunflower79 06-11-2018 01:14 PM

Checking in for another lovely sober day.
Day 147

SoberLeigh 06-11-2018 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Neoo (Post 6923700)
If I’m been honest in the way I’m feeling at the moment and the way I was feeling while drinking I find it hard to notice the difference.

(((((Neo))))). You have a lot going on right now.

Have you considered speaking with a therapist?

And, you know, we are always here for you.

PhoenixJ 06-11-2018 01:34 PM

Kenton- your courage shines through.

venuscat 06-11-2018 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Neoo (Post 6923700)

Gonna call you out on that....you are going through some tough stuff right now, and it hurts and it's hard. But you are FEELING and living.....think back to the CCTV footage love....do you feel like that guy? No.

Is it always easy? No. And when stuff gets hard, our brains are going to lie to us every which way like yours is doing now....this hurts. But no one is waking up tomorrow in jail.

Love you. :hug: ♥♥

Hevyn 06-11-2018 01:59 PM

I would like another 24 please! :)

Neoo 06-11-2018 02:10 PM

Thanks guys :grouphug: I’m just pissed off with everything at the moment.

julietUK 06-11-2018 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Neoo (Post 6923756)
Thanks guys :grouphug: I’m just pissed off with everything at the moment.

Sorry you feel this way Neo. try remember how bad it was when you were drinking, sometimes we forget, I know, I am the relapse queen. I see now that I put too much pressure on sobriety, I used to think 'if I didn't drink I would do ........' 'if I quit booze I will start new hobbies doing ...... But then when I did quit I found I was pretty much the same person. I now know I expected too much. This time I have adhered rigidly to the ODAAT and made baby steps, no great plans or huge personality changes, just me but without the evil booze.
Stay strong honey, you have done so well. Good things will come along and cheer you up soon. Sending you hugs and prayers.
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

venuscat 06-11-2018 02:53 PM

^^^ Awesome.....love you Juliet. ♥♥♥

Sunflowerlife 06-11-2018 03:36 PM

BrandNewDay11 ~ 2 weeks! ♥
Free2bme888 ~ 2 weeks! ♥
Snufkin ~ 4 weeks! ♥

Congrats guys!

Neoo 06-11-2018 03:41 PM

Thank you Juliet:hug: All you Guys :grouphug:

Kris47 06-11-2018 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rar (Post 6922303)
Good Morning Everyone. 24 sober hours for me please. I will not drink today.

Congratulations to all achieving a milestone today. A little happy dance for me too on 1 month since my relapse. I would have had 5 months today if not for my 3 day relapse. :( . Actually, that relapse was a blessing in disguise as I felt so horrible about it, that I'm really motivated to never go back.

Hope everyone has a sober peaceful Sunday. Prayers going out to all those struggling and sad today.

7:37 a.m.
EST

Going this day forward! :)

CONGRATULATIONS Rar on 1 awesome month!! :) Back in the saddle.