SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 389 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/428566-24-hour-recovery-connections-part-389-a.html)

Gabe1980 06-07-2018 07:53 AM

Saying a wee prayer for you now Optimist :grouphug:

Badge - I know what you mean. I'm tired, just want alone time and my husband is a huge belther!! Scots for very chatty. Baths are a good time out for me. Meditation too xxx

SoberLeigh 06-07-2018 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6919103)
[B][SIZE="4"]

June 7, 2018

:nyvhttps://i.imgur.com/ej7fsXc.gif:nyv
wiscsober ~ 2 months!
Saskia ~ 3 years & 10 months!

https://i.imgur.com/TlXFewj.gif

Bump :bbj:

SoberLeigh 06-07-2018 08:08 AM

Three cheers!!!!

:cheer❤️ :cheer❤️:cheer

❤️ Milestoners, wiscsober and Saskia ❤️

4 years

:cheer

Citrus 06-07-2018 08:08 AM

I am ready to face day 2 sober. Looking forward to the days adding up again. 24 more please.

SoberLeigh 06-07-2018 08:14 AM

Time to celebrate wiscsober and Saskia!!!

http://thebakingpan.com/wp-content/u...Peach-Cake.jpg

Congratulations!!!

Enjoy, all!!!

SoberLeigh 06-07-2018 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Marcutah1 (Post 6919165)
I tricked my AV today. It had me convinced to go get a bottle after work. I fooled it by going to the gas station for a fill up and a sport drink. AV wasn't happy but went back into it's cage. Another 24 please.

Well done, Marcutah :c011::scoregood:c011:

You may have inflicted a lethal blow to that monster !

badgerden 06-07-2018 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 (Post 6919611)
Saying a wee prayer for you now Optimist :grouphug:

Badge - I know what you mean. I'm tired, just want alone time and my husband is a huge belther!! Scots for very chatty. Baths are a good time out for me. Meditation too xxx

So is my hubby. I love him but I do wish he would shut up,,, for just a little while,,,

Badge

SoberLeigh 06-07-2018 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Delilah1 (Post 6919200)
9:49 pm and checking in for another 24. Congrats to all of our Milestoners!

I am a going to be a bragging mom tonight. My oldest finished her first year of HS today with straight As, she had a 4.75 GPA this semester. Then she met with her coach after school and he asked her to be the Varsity Cross Country captain next year. She will only be a Sophomore, so definitely a big deal. She is almost four weeks into healing from her stress fracture. She's been running in the pool for two weeks, and will be going for her second anti gravity treadmill run tomorrow.

Okay, no more bragging. Sending love to all.

❤️Delilah

Grab a megaphone, Delilah. What fantastic accomplishments :cheer

venuscat 06-07-2018 08:23 AM

Americans are so polite....poor Nick, he has had to adjust. :)
I would be saying: Love, I need some quiet for a while.... :hug:

SoberLeigh 06-07-2018 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 (Post 6919293)
I'm starting to feel alright now. I've had a really hard few days with obsessional thinking, eating and planning behaviours. Narrowly avoiding making some terrible decisions and stopped eating for a few day. It's like when I stop drinking I go into this chaos of a while and I just don't know how to look after myself. Although I'm not counting I've figured out I'm almost at a month sober and I've been alright with cravings this time. I suppose I'm just learning to cope with life sober.

I'm sorry I've not been available to everyone here. I've just been overwhelmed and I was finding it really hard to contribute.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to offer more support in the future. I really care about you all xxxx

(((((Gabe))))). It is okay to not talk, honey. What you are doing is HUGE; stating sober is the most important thing; some days it takes ALL we have and that is okay.

We go together, sometimes in silence, but never alone.

SoberLeigh 06-07-2018 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Saskia (Post 6919300)
In for another 24

:nyy

Huge congrats to you, dear one.

Alysheba 06-07-2018 08:38 AM

Another 24 please.

Congrats to out milestoners!!

SoberLeigh 06-07-2018 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6919389)
I was having a pretty rough time....for quite a while now actually, and I also struggled to post about it because I feel like I am whining. But I did. I need all of your help when I am low....and I always will. Together is the only way I know how to do this thing. :)

And I would like another 24 please, with oodles of love to everyone. ♥

(Sleepy Suze and mixed tenses....oops :))

Always, always, always here for you, Suze!

Love 💜!

SoberLeigh 06-07-2018 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by wiscsober (Post 6919390)
in for 24 @ 0630 Sunny spring day.
Came down with some crud and aches.
Hand checked out well.

Feel,netted, dear wisc.

And congratulations!!!!!!

:nyy

SoberLeigh 06-07-2018 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Plenny (Post 6919452)
Ok i am back and checking in for the first 24. Thank you to everyone who was there to soften the blow during my embarrassing slip. And thank you for all the advice.
I’ll probably be here a lot today

(((((Plenny)))))

Stay close, dear one.

SoberLeigh 06-07-2018 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by opalblue (Post 6919488)
Hi everyone. Constantly struggling with my battle with alcohol. I have been really bad... I feel like a zombie. I desperately need this 24 hours.
Already thinking I will fail but I hate waking up the next morning and not able to look at myself . Hate it. Sick of it. Sick of myself

A huge welcome to you, opalblue. So glad that you are with us.

joandmelandhan 06-07-2018 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by badgerden (Post 6919558)
Morning all, After this work week I am so tired, more mentally than physically. The residence all week were difficult and draining. I threw a incredibly stupid co worker out of my work space, he spent all day yesterday following me around apologizing over and over and over, until I yelled at him again,,,,,now we are leaving to spend the weekend with friends,,,,. I really just want some time to myself with the dogs. I want my husband to be quiet, he takes everything personally so I have to put on a smile and interact, pretend I don't want to kill the world.

I apologize for the downer post,, really do love you guys.

Badge

I relate Badge!
"Pretend I don't want to kill the world!"
Haha! Yep I really do relate!
Somehow we need to make room for some silence. Absolute healing peace and quiet.
I never knew until I got sober how much I like being alone from time to time to recharge. I love my children and bf and jobs but boy are they draining!
If definitely grab a bit of you-time Badge. Get your lovely dog out for a walk ❤❤❤

SoberLeigh 06-07-2018 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by opalblue (Post 6919514)
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I have to remember that I am in control of my thoughts.
My plan is to go for a run as soon as I get home...then drive to a friend's house for coffee. By the time I get back I will be ready to eat dinner...then hopefully its late enough to go to bed.
II think I need to buy chocolate...

Chocolate :c043: always part of a fantastic plan!

joandmelandhan 06-07-2018 08:53 AM

(((((Optimist)))))
:hug::hug::hug:

SoberLeigh 06-07-2018 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by YCDT2 (Post 6919526)
Good morning.

9:49 here. Day 6. Tomorrow is my risk day, but I am not even remotely worried. Looking forward to an enjoyable, non-drinking weekend.

You are doing fantastically well, YCDT2!!!!:You_Rock_

I have been wondering about your username!

You Can Do This 2??????