SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 389 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/428566-24-hour-recovery-connections-part-389-a.html)

Neoo 06-07-2018 01:33 AM

09:33am...24 more please...Love to All and a Happy Birthday Snuf :grouphug:

tgirl 06-07-2018 01:39 AM

Another 24 please

julietUK 06-07-2018 01:41 AM

Good morning all. Its 9.40am here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean. Congratulations to those celebrating a milestone, my thoughts and prayers go out to those suffering and struggling.

Canadian Koala 06-07-2018 01:45 AM

Happy Birthday Snufkin! https://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/fi...saires/hb3.gif

24 more please

Snufkin 06-07-2018 01:49 AM

Hey Everyone,

I just want to thank you all and to let you guys know how wonderful it feels to have friends like you! You made my day. :)

I’m still in bed :D, but planning to get up soon...ish. I want to go for a nice long walk to the beach, have something yummy for lunch and share a freak shake with my BF. Normally I’d use it as an excuse to start boozing in the morning. It’s not like I ever needed an excuse but this always felt ‘justified’... ugh I’m glad I have a new ‘normal’...

Yixi 06-07-2018 02:02 AM

So am I Snuf :) Have a fabulous day hun x

Congrats also to those who are celebrating achievements, sobriety and life in general. How wonderful it is :) 24 more for me please - love and hugs to all. x

Gabe1980 06-07-2018 02:04 AM

24 for me please.

A big Congratulations to all our milestoners today!!!

Love and best wishes to everyone else on our lovely 24 hour thread :grouphug:

Gabe1980 06-07-2018 02:06 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SNUFKIN!!!

:love::love::love:

CONGRATULATIONS on turning 26 and on your first sober birthday. You are doing an awsome job and I am so very proud of you. Lots of love Gabe xxx

:You_Rock_

Gabe1980 06-07-2018 02:10 AM

I'm starting to feel alright now. I've had a really hard few days with obsessional thinking, eating and planning behaviours. Narrowly avoiding making some terrible decisions and stopped eating for a few day. It's like when I stop drinking I go into this chaos of a while and I just don't know how to look after myself. Although I'm not counting I've figured out I'm almost at a month sober and I've been alright with cravings this time. I suppose I'm just learning to cope with life sober.

I'm sorry I've not been available to everyone here. I've just been overwhelmed and I was finding it really hard to contribute.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to offer more support in the future. I really care about you all xxxx

Gabe1980 06-07-2018 02:18 AM

PS what's a freak shake Snufs??? :lmao

Snufkin 06-07-2018 02:20 AM

Freakshake is this silly hipster thing, basically a monstrous mashup of drink and dessert. :lmao It looks awesome tho.

Saskia 06-07-2018 02:28 AM

In for another 24

Rar 06-07-2018 02:34 AM

Good Morning Everyone......24 more sober hours for me please. I will not drink today.

Congratulations to those achieving milestones today. Well done.

Belated Happy Birthday Snug. I hope you had a special day.

Kenton, my heart goes out to you. Sending lots of prayers your way.

Neo - Wonderful news about your Dad's cancer. What a relief!

I've been thinking how much everyone here means to me. I think of all you - even when I'm not online. I share your sadnesses and triumphs and fears. (((HUGS))) to all of you.

Wishing all a terrific sober Thursday.

5:34 a.m.
EST

Snufkin 06-07-2018 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 (Post 6919293)
I'm starting to feel alright now. I've had a really hard few days with obsessional thinking, eating and planning behaviours. Narrowly avoiding making some terrible decisions and stopped eating for a few day. It's like when I stop drinking I go into this chaos of a while and I just don't know how to look after myself. Although I'm not counting I've figured out I'm almost at a month sober and I've been alright with cravings this time. I suppose I'm just learning to cope with life sober.

I'm sorry I've not been available to everyone here. I've just been overwhelmed and I was finding it really hard to contribute.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to offer more support in the future. I really care about you all xxxx

I'm glad you're starting to feel better Gabe. We're here for you, in good times and in bad times. This site helps me tremendously not only with drinking, but also when I'm suicidal or just really low. Feel free to talk when you need to. :hug:

I'm glad you're coping with cravings - we have a similar sober date, and I 've also noticed my desire to drink is either gone most days or far less intense that what it used to be.

It's not easy, but we're doing it, and we're doing great!!

I love you so much, take care and stay strong Gabe. :hug:

Snufkin 06-07-2018 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rar (Post 6919303)

Belated Happy Birthday Snug. I hope you had a special day.

Thank you Rar!! It's only 11am here so it's still my birthday. :D It feels so special with you guys helping me celebrate. :hug:

yukonm 06-07-2018 02:47 AM

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 5:46am in Jacksonville, Florida!!

Congratulations to all those celebrating milestones today!! :a122:

Sunflowerlife 06-07-2018 03:08 AM

6:07 and I'm way behind, I should be at the gym already~

I'm a bit sleepy, but I'm here for another 24 hours of sobriety and abstinence from compulsive overeating.

Love you guys!

Delilah1 06-07-2018 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by BarbieKen (Post 6919220)
:c011::c011::c011: Delilah, just saying you & hubby have raised some awesome kids!! A big hug of congratulations to your daughter for her hard work. :c014:

Bobbi

We are very lucky in the kid department, the three of them really are great kids. They definitely are the best thing about my life.❤️

You have a pretty amazing kiddo as well my friend!

FBL 06-07-2018 03:15 AM

It's 5:15 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.

Delilah1 06-07-2018 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6919262)
I'm sorry you're facing that Kenton but I have a strong feeling that things will turn around :)

Best thoughts to you, and to others here I know are facing some scary health issues. :hug:

Congrats wiscsober ~ 2 months! ♥
Saskia ~ 3 years & 10 months! ♥

congrats to you Marcutah for working through that AV, and congrats on your daughters achievements Delilah :)

I'm glad that thinking are looking up for your dad and your love life Neoo.

I also wanted to say - please don't think a lack of acknowledgement for me ever means I don't care - it's usually simply a reflection of my health and/or available time.

I try to read & post as much as I can but it's not humanly possible to read everything here anymore.

Before I rediscovered balance, I tried - and nearly lost my mind as well as my partner.

If anyone wants to get my attention, or my input on something, a PM is the best way and most surefire way to receive a response :)

:grouphug:

D

Balance is so important Dee!! I have worked hard to maintwin a good family-work-life balance, not always perfect, but better than it was a few years ago!!

I am so appreciative of you, and all you do to positively impact this amazing oinline community!!❤️