SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 12 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/426915-class-may-2016-support-thread-part-12-a.html)

Arpeggioh 03-23-2023 03:17 PM

All right, I'm gonna try it: I'll post on a three year old thread just in case! Dee reminded me the other day, that I used to be quite active in a group here; he was right, been reading through it for a couple of hours, reliving some amazing support and friendship among strangers who just typed at each other a lot! I'd forgotten how vital this website used to be for me, and recognizing I probably need the support right now more than ever...so it's worth a shot!

Dee74 03-23-2023 03:56 PM

Just looking through there's a lot of people in here that aren't active members in 2023, so don't get discouraged if the response is not voluminous, Arp :)

D

Caramel 03-23-2023 06:07 PM

Hello, Arpeggioh, I remember you :hug:
Glad to see you.
Onward, hey?
:grouphug:

Arpeggioh 03-24-2023 05:22 AM

So happy to recognize a name! And I think you're actually from the same country as me? This thread was frequented by a lot of Brits, as I recall...may I be nosy and ask about your sobriety status? I'm currently struggling again, after a six year run; posted an "Anatomy of a Relapse" in the 'Alcoholism' category recently with all the gory details. Do you post much? I'm still finding my way around here again, mostly rereading our old Mayfly posts from years ago. Apparently I disappear when I'm firmly sober and committed, and only come back to whine and moan while drinking...where do you hang out?!

Caramel 03-24-2023 01:50 PM

Hi, Arpeggioh - I can't recollect now just where everyone was from. I'm doing ok, thank you. I posted in a number of Class threads but as postings fall away over the years I now just keep an eye on a very few of them, keep up with the current month's Class thread, look at anything that catches my eye elsewhere and post in Whiners, and Weekenders, from time to time. And the Interactive Games :)

One thing I have noticed is that, as you have done, people come back, which shows how supportive this whole Forum is in general.

On your other thread you mentioned "sometimes I have to get out of my own way" which is exactly how I've put it to myself.
I hope you can do whatever it takes to have that lasting re-set.

Good health to you :)

Arpeggioh 03-24-2023 02:17 PM

Yup, I've been coming back here for decades, speaks volumes about the quality of support and advice collected here.

Folks here just never give up on those of us struggling; it's pretty amazing.

Thanks for showing up on this ancient thread; I didn't hold much hope of hearing from anyone I remembered. I'm pretty sure my best bet is posting like a newbie on the latest Class Of; seems to be where everything starts...

Dee74 03-24-2023 02:31 PM

The March 2023 gang is a good group :)

D

Arpeggioh 03-24-2023 02:37 PM

Well, if you recommend them personally, what choice do I have? Thanks Dee, you never cease to amaze me...

Dee74 03-24-2023 02:42 PM

:e070: lol thanks Arp

D​​​​​​​