SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24Hour Recovery Connections Part 359 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/424725-24hour-recovery-connections-part-359-a.html)

Kris47 03-11-2018 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6818431)
You were up way, way, way too early, Suze!:scared:

I hope your migraine has receded Suze. :hug:

Kris47 03-11-2018 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6818458)
GOOD Day, Beautiful Kris!!!! ❤️

Lovely Day to You, Lovelier Leigh!

Kris47 03-11-2018 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper (Post 6818483)
Hello, and 24 please! Having a few odd thoughts of beer this morning. I am just a bit tired and lonely. I will get busy cooking and watch a show.

Thinking about adopting a dog. I have the space and the means. :). I sure miss having a dog. Now the Cat is going to fuss but she’ll be ok in time.

Love

Red

Do what feels right and Good! :)

Kris47 03-11-2018 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by jsm273 (Post 6818489)
A few years ago I bought a recumbent exercycle. Love the thing. Get on pedal away, listen to music or, watch YouTube videos. It’s starting to give out a grinding noise recently though and, I can’t figure out where it’s coming from.

This morning the noise got so loud that I couldn’t here my YouTube videos. Needless to say I got pretty irritated with it but, kept on pedaling away. It also has an LED monitor. You the monitor that relentlessly tells you how long you’ve been pedaling, how far you’ve gone, how fast your going, how many calories you’ve burned, your pulse and, total miles.

So, I’m pedaling away. Listening to the grinding noise. When it struck me, I hate that LED monitor. I stopped pedaling and leaned forward............Let’s just say that monitor is now in the garbage. A few minutes later I got back on the bike and started pedaling again. The noise was gone. Had a great workout.

45 days. Going to make it go 46!

Congrats to today’s celebrants!

Prayers to anyone who’s struggling no matter what the reason!

Aha! :) Keep on pedaling on.................... ;)

Kris47 03-11-2018 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by julietUK (Post 6818533)
Hi all. I went to church this morning with two women I met at AA on Friday. Its a new church called The Influence Church, I have been curious about it but never went. It was good, very very modern, very happy clappy with band and loud music. I loved it and will go every week. I was too self conscious to join in too much but I will in time. And it was nice to be with the two women as well, especially after yesterdays lonely feelings.

I want to let go let God but I don't know how. I have made such a mess of things these past few years and I know my situation is all my fault. My ex is still playing mind games and trying to manipulate things but I don't have the strength yet to get rid of him totally - if you know what I mean.

Things are going well, I am into my tenth week sober and making plans all the time, things are happening, slowly but surely. I just wish I was free of him. To be honest in the past my only problem was addiction and once I stopped drinking everything was great but this time I have so much mess to sort out it feels overwhelming. But having said that this is why I am determined never to go back to it this time. The mess I have made was made drunk. As we all know.

Sorry to ramble on, just wanted to say I went to church and enjoyed it. Unfortunately I didn't keep it that short and sweet:)

Thanks for all the posts today from you lovely people. My thoughts go out to those who are troubled or struggling. Congratulations to those celebrating a milestone.

I love to see how the tone of people's post change as the sober days add up. Its wonderful and uplifting.

Thanks everyone. Don't know where I would be without you all.

ODAAT.

Happy you got to church. :)

Pray and listen. You just give it to Him. It takes trust and faith. I used to keep giving it and taking it back. Finally about a month ago I was able to give it all to Him. I have not taken it back. I feel so much joy and peace in that decision.

kenton 03-11-2018 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by jsm273 (Post 6818514)
Hi, Neoo! Starting season 2 of Gomorrah today. It’s one of the best shows I’ve seen in a long time.

Ooh, we're just about to start season 3. I love Gomorrah.... edge of the seat exciting .... enjoy jsm xxx

Kris47 03-11-2018 01:28 PM

https://s13.postimg.org/lvor57mg7/1-...ara-snyder.jpg

SoberLeigh 03-11-2018 01:33 PM

^^^^^^^ Love it, Kris!

Kris47 03-11-2018 01:34 PM

https://s13.postimg.org/94akz0xc7/14_-_1.jpg

julietUK 03-11-2018 01:38 PM

Thanks Kris, thats lovely. But how do I know what He wants?

I have recently started thinking along these lines; God = Gut. I know that is over simplistic but I have done things in the past which I knew were wrong (for me I mean not morally) but I ignored my gut which was trying to tell me. I used my head and kept thinking it would all work out. I have been proved wrong and should have listened to my gut instinct. I feel that was God.

julietUK 03-11-2018 01:40 PM

Thanks for those posts, I am beginning to understand a bit more.

julietUK 03-11-2018 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kris47 (Post 6818643)

I will use this, thank you.

SoberLeigh 03-11-2018 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kris47 (Post 6818643)

Lovely!

Thanks, Kris.

julietUK 03-11-2018 01:47 PM

When my sister died two years ago (a horrible alcoholic death alone) I thanked God every day for over a year. She was so unhappy and her life had shrunk to only booze. I believe he showed mercy and took her. For that I will be forever grateful. I just struggle with what I am supposed to be doing.

Bubovski 03-11-2018 01:48 PM

Monday, and it's a public holiday here in Victoria.
As for victory, I'll be celebrating another 24 hours of sobriety.

E.V. ever vigilant--

SoberLeigh 03-11-2018 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Kris47 (Post 6818618)
I hope your migraine has receded Suze. :hug:

So do I! When do you go to the doctor, Suze?

Bubovski 03-11-2018 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by julietUK (Post 6818661)
When my sister died two years ago (a horrible alcoholic death alone) I thanked God every day for over a year. She was so unhappy and her life had shrunk to only booze. I believe he showed mercy and took her. For that I will be forever grateful. I just struggle with what I am supposed to be doing.

As the old union saying goes " dare to struggle, dare to win"-:c011:

Kaneda8888 03-11-2018 01:52 PM

Checking in for 24.

SoberLeigh 03-11-2018 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by julietUK (Post 6818661)

I am so very sorry about your sister, Juliet; what a tragic loss.

Your path and purpose will become clear. Keep your eyes, ears, mind and heart open, dear one.

SoberLeigh 03-11-2018 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bubovski (Post 6818669)
As the old union saying goes " dare to struggle, dare to win"-:c011:

:scoregood, Bub