SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24Hour Recovery Connections Part 359 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/424725-24hour-recovery-connections-part-359-a.html)

SoberLeigh 03-11-2018 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by jsm273 (Post 6818489)
A few years ago I bought a recumbent exercycle. Love the thing. Get on pedal away, listen to music or, watch YouTube videos. It’s starting to give out a grinding noise recently though and, I can’t figure out where it’s coming from.

This morning the noise got so loud that I couldn’t here my YouTube videos. Needless to say I got pretty irritated with it but, kept on pedaling away. It also has an LED monitor. You the monitor that relentlessly tells you how long you’ve been pedaling, how far you’ve gone, how fast your going, how many calories you’ve burned, your pulse and, total miles.

So, I’m pedaling away. Listening to the grinding noise. When it struck me, I hate that LED monitor. I stopped pedaling and leaned forward............Let’s just say that monitor is now in the garbage. A few minutes later I got back on the bike and started pedaling again. The noise was gone. Had a great workout.

45 days. Going to make it go 46!

Congrats to today’s celebrants!

Prayers to anyone who’s struggling no matter what the reason!

LED monitor - Be Gone!!!!!!

Love it, jsm. Love you. ❤️

SoberLeigh 03-11-2018 11:27 AM

Count me in, please.

Love to all.

Leigh

SoberLeigh 03-11-2018 11:28 AM

Be back in a minute . . . . .;)

Bailey3 03-11-2018 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Neoo (Post 6818495)
Jsm :wave:

Hi, Neoo! Starting season 2 of Gomorrah today. It’s one of the best shows I’ve seen in a long time.

SoberLeigh 03-11-2018 11:29 AM

. . . . . with Celebration Cake;)

Neoo 03-11-2018 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by jsm273 (Post 6818514)
Hi, Neoo! Starting season 2 of Gomorrah today. It’s one of the best shows I’ve seen in a long time.

Really glad you like it Jsm :) It is a great show and keeps getting better :)

SoberLeigh 03-11-2018 11:35 AM

Time to Celebrate!!!! ❤️

http://thebakingpan.com/wp-content/u...fly-Cupcak.jpg

Our pair of Milestoners!!! ❤️

❤️ Gabe & NewFighter ❤️

SoberLeigh 03-11-2018 11:37 AM

Congratulations !!!! ❤️

http://thebakingpan.com/wp-content/u...fly-Cupcak.jpg

Enjoy!!! ❤️

julietUK 03-11-2018 11:42 AM

Hi all. I went to church this morning with two women I met at AA on Friday. Its a new church called The Influence Church, I have been curious about it but never went. It was good, very very modern, very happy clappy with band and loud music. I loved it and will go every week. I was too self conscious to join in too much but I will in time. And it was nice to be with the two women as well, especially after yesterdays lonely feelings.

I want to let go let God but I don't know how. I have made such a mess of things these past few years and I know my situation is all my fault. My ex is still playing mind games and trying to manipulate things but I don't have the strength yet to get rid of him totally - if you know what I mean.

Things are going well, I am into my tenth week sober and making plans all the time, things are happening, slowly but surely. I just wish I was free of him. To be honest in the past my only problem was addiction and once I stopped drinking everything was great but this time I have so much mess to sort out it feels overwhelming. But having said that this is why I am determined never to go back to it this time. The mess I have made was made drunk. As we all know.

Sorry to ramble on, just wanted to say I went to church and enjoyed it. Unfortunately I didn't keep it that short and sweet:)

Thanks for all the posts today from you lovely people. My thoughts go out to those who are troubled or struggling. Congratulations to those celebrating a milestone.

I love to see how the tone of people's post change as the sober days add up. Its wonderful and uplifting.

Thanks everyone. Don't know where I would be without you all.

Kris47 03-11-2018 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by CrossYourHeart (Post 6818289)
Oh, you’re welcome, Kris. Just the few minutes it took to write that post got me comfy in the recliner and eliminated any chance of running to the store for the poison. I don’t think I would have anyway, but I wanted to distract myself from the prospect, just in case.

And yes, I have no reason to be down or mope, so I try to remind myself of that when tempted to feel sorry for myself. Even the struggle with booze is actually an opportunity, rather than a negative thing. I have the opportunity to choose a real life over a comfortably numb existence.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday (and Mother’s Day in the UK??).

Prayers to NIc!

In for 24 on Day 42.

Ah yes. Distraction and determination coupled with discipline is key to my sobriety. The choice indeed is ours.

Congrats! on day 42. :) :You_Rock_

Kris47 03-11-2018 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by quitter62 (Post 6818300)
Back from the cruise late last night after an hours long debarkation, then 12 hours of driving!

But...... :)

We still were able to pick up our doggies last night and that was pretty AWESOME!!!!! They were soooooo HAPPY to see us and we were just as HAPPY to see them!!!!!

24 More is the Plan of the Day!!!!

WElcome Home Bandi and Quitter. :) :grouphug:

SoberLeigh 03-11-2018 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by julietUK (Post 6818533)
Hi all. I went to church this morning with two women I met at AA on Friday. Its a new church called The Influence Church, I have been curious about it but never went. It was good, very very modern, very happy clappy with band and loud music. I loved it and will go every week. I was too self conscious to join in too much but I will in time. And it was nice to be with the two women as well, especially after yesterdays lonely feelings.

I want to let go let God but I don't know how. I have made such a mess of things these past few years and I know my situation is all my fault. My ex is still playing mind games and trying to manipulate things but I don't have the strength yet to get rid of him totally - if you know what I mean.

Things are going well, I am into my tenth week sober and making plans all the time, things are happening, slowly but surely. I just wish I was free of him. To be honest in the past my only problem was addiction and once I stopped drinking everything was great but this time I have so much mess to sort out it feels overwhelming. But having said that this is why I am determined never to go back to it this time. The mess I have made was made drunk. As we all know.

Sorry to ramble on, just wanted to say I went to church and enjoyed it. Unfortunately I didn't keep it that short and sweet:)

Thanks for all the posts today from you lovely people. My thoughts go out to those who are troubled or struggling. Congratulations to those celebrating a milestone.

I love to see how the tone of people's post change as the sober days add up. Its wonderful and uplifting.

Thanks everyone. Don't know where I would be without you all.

Keep looking ahead, dear Juliet. A beautiful future lies ahead.

soberista 03-11-2018 12:51 PM

Hola! Setting sail on another 24 :c014:

Kris47 03-11-2018 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Neverthought (Post 6818305)
11:25 a.m. in NE PA.

Reaching for another 24 "more" hours please. It looks well within my grasp!

:tyou 24hrc'ers. Thanks for having me. :grouphug:

And a special thanks from me to Leigh, Venuscat, and Kris, for your lovely support. :thanks

Thanks to you too, NT! :tyou We support one another. :grouphug:

SoberLeigh 03-11-2018 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by soberista (Post 6818597)
Hola! Setting sail on another 24 :c014:

Hola!!!! ❤️

Kris47 03-11-2018 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by cornpone (Post 6818347)
24 more for a glorious day 3.

Stay Strong Dear One. :hug:

Kris47 03-11-2018 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nic233 (Post 6818331)
Thanks everyone for the well wishes.. I think I probably needed to vent too as I haven’t told anyone in my life what’s happening. I can’t tell my mum as she just wouldn’t cope!! It would be a role reversal of me having to support her and I haven’t got that in me just now - That sounds incredibly selfish, I guess it is selfish. Another reason is that I’m afraid if I tell people then it will make it real ..
Sorry for moaning on here.

Oh Sweetie,

I'm lifting you UP in prayer. Sometimes we need to take care of ourselves.

Kris47 03-11-2018 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vivie (Post 6818387)
Out of sight, but not out of mind. Missed a few days, still here and checking in for another 24. Hope you’re all well. :-)

Good to "see" you. :)

Kris47 03-11-2018 01:12 PM

[QUOTE=Delizadee;6818394]I'm in for another 24. Even if my mood is foul. Drinking won't help anything. Right? Right. Ugh.

Happy day to everyone! Wishing you all sunshine and light and happiness today. :)[/QUOTE

((Delizadee)))

Wishing some of the same for you!

Kris47 03-11-2018 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Delizadee (Post 6818394)
I'm in for another 24. Even if my mood is foul. Drinking won't help anything. Right? Right. Ugh.

Happy day to everyone! Wishing you all sunshine and light and happiness today. :)

Originally Posted by erfra7 (Post 6818415)
Good morning
Procrastination that’s my name

Picking my grandkids today last minute decision

24 hrs. More for this lazy alcoholic soul.

One must not hold one's self so divine as to be unwilling occasionally to make improvements in one's creations.

—Ludwig van Beethoven

We addicted and codependent men too often feel ashamed of our mistakes. It pains us to admit there is room for improvement in what we have done. When we do see that our work can be improved, shame overwhelms us. Our oversensitivity to flaws puts us in a kind of competition with God. We are not yet resigned to letting ourselves be fully human - and letting God be God. Life is much calmer when we remember that who we are and what we do are not the same.

We are deeper and richer than any object we create or any job we hold. A genius like Beethoven could see he needed to make occasional improvements in his composition, and we can follow his model. Allowing for imperfection, we are better prepared to deal with it, and we are liberated to do our jobs and live our lives more fully.

I will be content to let God be God and accept my life with all its need for improvements.

Enjoy those sweet babies, Erfra.