SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24Hour Recovery Connections Part 355 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/424209-24hour-recovery-connections-part-355-a.html)

Kris47 03-02-2018 06:01 AM

24 more please, Dear God.

Congrats to todays Milestoners!!

Congrats to all those sober today!!

Prayers for the sick or struggling.

Kris47 03-02-2018 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by WeaverBird (Post 6805616)
WBird in for 24 more at 9:16pm. I just can't seem to post. Bailiffs.

I'm in such a predicament. I didn't realise alcohol was doing so much damage and the consequences are tough.

God is on the move in my life tho. And that's pretty awesome. Look at JoJo's porridge. I pray for you all on the list so my Higher Power could pop up anywhere ~ be prepared. He's massive and he gets things right down to the last little quantum bit.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

He will for you, too. :hug: Hang in there!

Neoo 03-02-2018 06:30 AM

Kris :wave:

quitter62 03-02-2018 06:45 AM

24 More is the Plan of the Day!

Final Packing and EXTRA attention to our GIRLS before we leave them for vacation. (They won't know what to do, POOR BABIES!) To those that don't know, our GIRLS are our BOXERS. They are FAMILY but alas cannot go on the Cruise ship. I feel GUILTY but they are staying with our Daughter and family that they know and love and will be well cared for. I will MISS THEM TERRIBLY!

Hitting the ROAD in the MORNING!

erfra7 03-02-2018 07:03 AM

Morning
Another night 4-5 hrs sleep. Grrrrrrrr

24 more for this sleepless lost alcoholic soul

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.

—Erica Jong

There was a time when we didn't believe we had any talents. We couldn't imagine we had any purpose or any gift to give to the world. But it's true: We all have talents, many of them. If we each haven't yet discovered ours, we soon will. With time and the Steps and friends, we will be encouraged to recognize them, to celebrate them, to cultivate them, to dare to give them away.

Utilizing our talents fully, which is part of life's bigger plan, may lead us to new jobs, new friends, to places presently unknown. The prospect of new horizons may excite us. It may also elicit dread. We can trust that, just as we are given no problems too big to handle, we are given no talents too great to develop. The strength to move ahead will always be available if we have faith. And the program offers us faith.

I will look for my talents today. I will also look for talents in my friends. I can celebrate them, and soon the way to use them will become clear.

WaterOx 03-02-2018 07:07 AM

Morning friends

Neverthought 03-02-2018 07:11 AM

Good morning team. 10:10 in the crazy North East.

Very thankful for the support I'm receiving.!

Sign me up for another 24 hrs. please.

Kris47 03-02-2018 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Neoo (Post 6806376)
Kris :wave:

Howdy Neoo! :)

Kris47 03-02-2018 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by quitter62 (Post 6806387)
24 More is the Plan of the Day!

Final Packing and EXTRA attention to our GIRLS before we leave them for vacation. (They won't know what to do, POOR BABIES!) To those that don't know, our GIRLS are our BOXERS. They are FAMILY but alas cannot go on the Cruise ship. I feel GUILTY but they are staying with our Daughter and family that they know and love and will be well cared for. I will MISS THEM TERRIBLY!

Hitting the ROAD in the MORNING!

Enjoy, Quitter! The reunion will be awesome for all of you! Know they are with family who loves them. Bring them back some goodies. ;)

Neverthought 03-02-2018 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6805705)
By the way, you have the most gorgeous cat on the planet.... :) :) ♥

Thank you venuscat. We're crazy animal lovers too (not that you're crazy :lmao). I decided to give our cat some exposer. The dog usually monopolized our photos...lol

We actually picked her up at an animal shelter. She hid in our computer room and threatened us often for many weeks.

We gave her the benefit of doubt and now she sleeps with me every chance she gets. She went from the cat from hell to most affectionate wondercat.

Imagine having a Mastiff sleeping on one side and our long-hair on the other....it's a blessing.

Kris47 03-02-2018 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by erfra7 (Post 6806404)
Morning
Another night 4-5 hrs sleep. Grrrrrrrr

24 more for this sleepless lost alcoholic soul

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.

—Erica Jong

There was a time when we didn't believe we had any talents. We couldn't imagine we had any purpose or any gift to give to the world. But it's true: We all have talents, many of them. If we each haven't yet discovered ours, we soon will. With time and the Steps and friends, we will be encouraged to recognize them, to celebrate them, to cultivate them, to dare to give them away.

Utilizing our talents fully, which is part of life's bigger plan, may lead us to new jobs, new friends, to places presently unknown. The prospect of new horizons may excite us. It may also elicit dread. We can trust that, just as we are given no problems too big to handle, we are given no talents too great to develop. The strength to move ahead will always be available if we have faith. And the program offers us faith.

I will look for my talents today. I will also look for talents in my friends. I can celebrate them, and soon the way to use them will become clear.

Worry will make it worse. ;) Try some winding down tonight. Sleepytime tea, no tv or computer for 2-3 hours before bed. Have some calcium at bedtime, ( 1-2 hours) like some cheese and crackers and banana for potassium. Try some light reading. :hug:

Bailey3 03-02-2018 07:25 AM

Good morning, everyone, I’m in for another day of sobriety! Congratulations to today’s celebrants and all who are sober today.

I believe it was last week when I posted about a conversation I had with my ex. At the time I was glad to hear from her. I’ve had some time to reflect on what she said. More importantly how she said it. I now think it was best that the relationship ended. Time to move on.

I hope you all have a great day. If not at least make it a sober one.

Kris47 03-02-2018 07:25 AM

Good Day WaterOx and Neverthought. :)

venuscat 03-02-2018 07:27 AM

https://i.imgur.com/0iQKXQs.jpg

24 more hours of precious freedom please, with oodles of love for everyone.

Kris47 03-02-2018 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Neverthought (Post 6806424)
Thank you venuscat. We're crazy animal lovers too (not that you're crazy :lmao). I decided to give our cat some exposer. The dog usually monopolized our photos...lol

We actually picked her up at an animal shelter. She hid in our computer room and threatened us often for many weeks.

We gave her the benefit of doubt and now she sleeps with me every chance she gets. She went from the cat from hell to most affectionate wondercat.

Imagine having a Mastiff sleeping on one side and our long-hair on the other....it's a blessing.

Lucky ALL of you! :)

Kris47 03-02-2018 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by jsm273 (Post 6806430)
Good morning, everyone, I’m in for another day of sobriety! Congratulations to today’s celebrants and all who are sober today.

I believe it was last week when I posted about a conversation I had with my ex. At the time I was glad to hear from her. I’ve had some time to reflect on what she said. More importantly how she said it. I now think it was best that the relationship ended. Time to move on.

I hope you all have a great day. If not at least make it a sober one.

Love will last if it's meant to be. Be loving to yourself, Jsm. :) You're most important right now. :hug:

Have a great day!

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan (Post 6805942)
24 more for this restless soul please

(((((Goodbyeevan)))))

venuscat 03-02-2018 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Neverthought (Post 6806424)

It is indeed..... :) :) ♥

Venus was thrown out in a trash can....really.....she was very damaged and very abused.....and she was a little crazy like her mum....we were well-suited. She was my wondercat for sure....best friend I have ever had. ♥

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by VikingGF (Post 6805979)
I’m late, but I’m here and for that, I’m grateful. 9:32 in Massachusetts and catching up on This Is Us. Tissues at the ready.

Such a good show!!!

Bailey3 03-02-2018 07:31 AM

Thanks, Kris!