SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24Hour Recovery Connection Part 340 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/422137-24hour-recovery-connection-part-340-a.html)

Delilah1 01-19-2018 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ (Post 6753130)
JOAND- my family has forsaken me because of my drinking. My oldest got married a month ago- without me being there. I cannot change who I was in the past. It has marked them all and what I do now is accept who I was- and the fact that booze turned me into a very sick human. You are doing well. We learn from the past, to accept who we are- to make way for a better tomorrow. Memories only harm us if we do not gtow. You are growing.

Effie- prophetic words- as usual, thankyou.

Weav- what about we slag off the stupid b.stard a lot? You always wanted here.

I am very pleased to getting my own digs soon. All the fruit cakes are out- coping with the extreme heat around me- with copious amounts of booze and shouting. Oh the joys of living in the CBD.

That is awesome about getting your own place PJ, and I think your son reading your message is a step toward rebuilding the relationship.

venuscat 01-19-2018 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Delilah1 (Post 6753554)
1:15 pm on Friday and checking in for another 24. I am taking myself out to lunch before my Director Meeting. I haven't been on too much this week. I have been dealing with lots with my mom long distance, and had a full on panic attack Wednesday night. Pulled it together, and have been at work and doing things with kids, and what needs to be done for my mom, but it hasn't been easy.

Tomorrrow I will be taking my oldest daughter and seceralmof her HS friends to the Women's March, which will be a nice distraction.

Shout out to all of the amazing women on this site, as well as the men who are also amazing.

Check in again later.

❤️Delilah

Love you honey....and oh gosh you are the amazing woman.....you do so much.....and thank God you are so totally able to advocate for your mum.

I'm sorry it's been a rough week for you: panic attacks are awful....so much love and huge hugs. xx

venuscat 01-19-2018 02:09 PM

And Neoo love....in a couple of days this will all be over....please don't worry now....just keep doing what you do every single day which is move forward....goodnight again love. Sweet dreams. :hug: ♥

Vivie 01-19-2018 02:10 PM

Hope you’re all well today. My headaches are subsiding, the weekend is here. I‘ll take 24 please. :-)

venuscat 01-19-2018 02:14 PM

Glad your headaches are going away Vivie love. :) :hug: ♥

venuscat 01-19-2018 02:16 PM

Hello dearest Weev. How are you and that gorgeous dog? :) :hug: ♥

(Mr Inappropriate can text someone else....just saying.....and he will more than likely end up getting an earful from someone who is not so polite.....:))

WeaverBird 01-19-2018 02:49 PM

Good evening SuziSuze. The yeller feller is asleep on my lap. I reckon as I start to know myself, Mr Unsuitable and Mr Inappropriate will stop calling.
I love you honey, have a good evening with The Goat :hug:

venuscat 01-19-2018 02:59 PM

I think you may need a laugh.....when I started caring for my parents, I was spending A LOT of time in the supermarket. I decided that it was a very good place to meet men....oh gosh, so many thoughts regarding what an idiot I was....I was still drinking at this point.....so one lovely bloke I swap numbers with, Anthony, who is really lovely it seems, showed me what Mr Inappropriate looked like big time.

One night, when I wouldn't answer his texts because he was driving me crazy he....wait for it.....looked up my parents' phone number and called my 90 year old dad at 10 o clock at night, drunk mind, and said some rubbish about how he was worried about me.....well, my dad KILLED me.....

What on earth are you doing and what kind of characters are you giving your phone number to? Are you insane?

Yes, I was.

:roflmao

Edit: My dad was a Londoner from the West End.....he took no prisoners. :)

SoberLeigh 01-19-2018 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jack16 (Post 6753503)
Happy to be off to a gig tonight knowing I won't end up staggering home smashed at dawn!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5f/5a...ca225e343a.jpg

:) :) :)

Have fun, my friend!

SoberLeigh 01-19-2018 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6753628)
I think you may need a laugh.....when I started caring for my parents, I was spending A LOT of time in the supermarket. I decided that it was a very good place to meet men....oh gosh, so many thoughts regarding what an idiot I was....I was still drinking at this point.....so one lovely bloke I swap numbers with, Anthony, who is really lovely it seems, showed me what Mr Inappropriate looked like big time.

One night, when I wouldn't answer his texts because he was driving me crazy he....wait for it.....looked up my parents' phone number and called my 90 year old dad at 10 o clock at night, drunk mind, and said some rubbish about how he was worried about me.....well, my dad KILLED me.....

What on earth are you doing and what kind of characters are you giving your phone number to? Are you insane?

Yes, I was.

:roflmao

Edit: My dad was a Londoner from the West End.....he took no prisoners. :)

I like your Dad!!!!

SoberLeigh 01-19-2018 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Neoo (Post 6753508)
Solicitor called and according to him the case will be over on Monday...Fingers crossed :grouphug: Goodnight :grouphug: Nite Venus :hug:

Good news, Neo.

Sweet dreams!!!!! ❤️

SoberLeigh 01-19-2018 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by WeaverBird (Post 6753529)
GOAT = god of all things

:scoregood

venuscat 01-19-2018 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6753679)
I like your Dad!!!!

Yes, thank God I got to care for him in his final years.....I would never have really known who he was otherwise.....a weird blessing......to see your parent/s at their most vulnerable, to be the one who advocates for them...makes sure they are safe.....gosh.....the emotions are so powerful....it still hurts, but I am so so so so grateful I got to do this. It helped me heal.

And yeah, my dad was freaking awesome.

SoberLeigh 01-19-2018 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Vivie (Post 6753588)
Hope you’re all well today. My headaches are subsiding, the weekend is here. I‘ll take 24 please. :-)

Good to hear that your headaches are subsiding, sweet Vivie!:)

SoberLeigh 01-19-2018 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6753687)
Yes, thank God I got to care for him in his final years.....I would never have really known who he was otherwise.....a weird blessing......to see your parent/s at their most vulnerable, to be the one who advocates for them...makes sure they are safe.....gosh.....the emotions are so powerful....it still hurts, but I am so so so so grateful I got to do this. It helped me heal.

And yeah, my dad was freaking awesome.

Your care was such a blessing to your Dad, Suze. ❤️

Kris47 01-19-2018 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Delilah1 (Post 6753562)
Happy Birthday!!!:grouphug:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Awake! :)

Kris47 01-19-2018 04:09 PM

Feeling sad today. For tomorrow. Still sober. Love to all.

Feel better Dear ones that are sick or struggling.

Sweet sober Dreams. See you tomorrow.

GODnight.

venuscat 01-19-2018 04:14 PM

Oh Honey.....so much love. Going to call. :hug: ♥

Mark1014 01-19-2018 04:28 PM

(((Kris)))

Hug to you.

soberista 01-19-2018 05:02 PM

Morning all. 8.01am in Thailand and alls well. Another 24 please. Xx