SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2013 Part 48 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/415557-class-july-2013-part-48-a.html)

SoberLeigh 09-21-2017 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Gilmer (Post 6609510)
Don't put that much pressure on yourself, Suze.

Every bride wants her wedding to be perfect and special--and it will be, because it's the meaning and commitment behind the ceremony that counts.

The truth is that weddings are weeks or even months worth of stress leading up to the actual event, which is over in about twenty minutes.

Poof! In the blink of an eye it's over!

And the gathering afterward sounds really nice. Even if something goes wrong (and it inevitably does), your guests will not mind. They're there to celebrate.

What you've got planned sounds very nice.

Afterwards you honestly will wonder what you got so worked up about!

Agreed!!!

You will know nothing but excitement, happiness and abounding love on your special day, Suze!!!!!

SoberLeigh 09-21-2017 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mags1 (Post 6607879)
Snoozy, I like word games, trying to keep my brain active, not just the normal humdrum of work.

Hope it was a good weekend for all my Julyer friends x

Love word games here, too, Snooz and Mags :)

SoberLeigh 09-21-2017 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Gilmer (Post 6608367)
How is it going, LuLu?

How about you, Pete?

Miss you, Crois!

Thinking of you, Leshar and Croutie. :)

Ditto!!!! :)

SoberLeigh 09-21-2017 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by LuLu13 (Post 6608906)
Hi Giilmer, I am fine. A little over three weeks now. Just super depressed and not very talkative but I do read everyday. Thanks for asking!

Well done, LuLu. Three weeks is fantastic progress.

The depression should lift, in time.

Stay close.

We care.

SoberLeigh 09-21-2017 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ (Post 6609021)
Not much into scrabble- hard to do by one's self. I do chess- I can beat the computer now...at 2 years old level.

:lmao: PJ.

SoberLeigh 09-21-2017 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by resolute50 (Post 6607893)
I'm watching right now. They are Playing New Orleans Saints. Patriots are winning 36-20. It's a rather warm and humid day here for mid-Sept.
We are getting weather pushed up here from hurricane Irma.
Suppose to get a little tropical storm here on Tues-Wed.

Hi 'ya, Bob.

SoberLeigh 09-21-2017 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ (Post 6607597)
Yes Dee, thanks love. All good here:D

Was nice to have the weekend off. Had plans to do lots but acheived nil lol.

So yes Suze! I was surrounded by the furry ones. They love it when im home all day.

Im playing a new kinda scrabble game called word chums. I love it. Same as scrabble but dont have to wait for a player to have a turn. Im too impatient lol so i play against the computer & my Mum when shes on, Love it

Hope everyone had a good weekend. When are your Patriots playing dear Bob xx

❤️ Snoozums ❤️

SoberLeigh 09-21-2017 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ (Post 6607597)
Yes Dee, thanks love. All good here:D

Was nice to have the weekend off. Had plans to do lots but acheived nil lol.

So yes Suze! I was surrounded by the furry ones. They love it when im home all day.

Im playing a new kinda scrabble game called word chums. I love it. Same as scrabble but dont have to wait for a player to have a turn. Im too impatient lol so i play against the computer & my Mum when shes on, Love it

Hope everyone had a good weekend. When are your Patriots playing dear Bob xx

❤️ ❤️❤️ Snoozums ❤️❤️❤️

SoberLeigh 09-21-2017 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Croutie (Post 6609270)
Hello all you wonderful Julyers... I hope everyone has a great day.
Thank you all for being the most endearing and supportive people on the planet...
I am not going to complain, be sad, depressed, or feel sorry for myself today.... ( how's that for the power of positive thinking? ;-)
Thought a new approach might be just the thing. I'm wearing myself out with the old approach.....
....Oh, a really nice couple are fast approaching their wedding day..
Very exciting stuff; I'm so happy for you Suze and Nick! I know you will live happily ever after, because your story is the true embodiment of a real life fairytale.
Hugs and support,
Croutie

Sending love, dear Croutie. Lifting prayers, too.

SoberLeigh 09-21-2017 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6609485)
I've completely fallen apart Croutie....I need more time....I have done nothing for myself yet....nothing....no idea why Nick still wants to marry me. I have been a complete nightmare and I am not finished yet. :(

I am trying to find the joy but all I feel is massive panic. I have no time to get anything done.

You have drop dead gorgeous hair, Suze. Pull it up into a sophisticated bun and curl a few tendrils around your gorgeous face.

You are already drop-dead gorgeous - stunning eyes, mouth, etc. Go with your usual makeup; you will be perfect.

Stop in to a nail salon for an understated mani and pedi. Your dress is silvery so a color (a light teal or a nice navy or a lavender) with a silvery undertone would be beautiful.

You are going to simply shine :)

Gilmer 09-21-2017 12:17 PM

Welcome back to the land of the living, Leigh! :)

SoberLeigh 09-21-2017 12:17 PM

Hello and love to all.

SoberLeigh 09-21-2017 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Gilmer (Post 6611800)
Welcome back to the land of the living, Leigh! :)

Thanks so much, Gilmer!!!!!!!

It feels so good to be home!

Croutie 09-21-2017 01:44 PM

Hi Lovely Leigh, Gilmer, Mags, Snooze, Bob, Dee, Leshar, Lulu, PJ, SW,
Suze, Nick,and an even bigger HI to anyone I inadvertently left out....forgive me, I'm pretty scattered these days.
Love and support,
Croutie

venuscat 09-21-2017 04:09 PM

Leigh honey ~ you are so sweet....ponytail all the way....I had my hair cut yesterday....red lips and nails and red rose bouquet with the silver dress. And jewelled silver shoes, so I will definitely be hard to miss. :)

Pretty amusing for someone who hates being the centre of attention....as in my day and all of that, and people looking at me...sigh. Should have thought of that before I organised a wedding I guess. But how Aquarian of me would that have been? :biggrin: Snooz will understand.....we Aquarians are both brilliant and ditzy. Sometimes both at the same time. :)

SoberLeigh 09-21-2017 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6611994)
Leigh honey ~ you are so sweet....ponytail all the way....I had my hair cut yesterday....red lips and nails and red rose bouquet with the silver dress. And jewelled silver shoes, so I will definitely be hard to miss. :)

Pretty amusing for someone who hates being the centre of attention....as in my day and all of that, and people looking at me...sigh. Should have thought of that before I organised a wedding I guess. But how Aquarian of me would that have been? :biggrin: Snooz will understand.....we Aquarians are both brilliant and ditzy. Sometimes both at the same time. :)

You will be simply stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoberLeigh 09-21-2017 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Croutie (Post 6611894)
Hi Lovely Leigh, Gilmer, Mags, Snooze, Bob, Dee, Leshar, Lulu, PJ, SW,
Suze, Nick,and an even bigger HI to anyone I inadvertently left out....forgive me, I'm pretty scattered these days.
Love and support,
Croutie

:wavey:

resolute50 09-21-2017 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6611787)
Hi 'ya, Bob.

Hello SoberL.
Did you get the lousy ,cool ,very humid and misting weather from tropical storm Jose?

SoberLeigh 09-21-2017 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by resolute50 (Post 6612036)
Hello SoberL.
Did you get the lousy ,cool ,very humid and misting weather from tropical storm Jose?

:wave: Bob!

:scared: No, we had the wrath of Irma!!!!!!!:scared:

We evacuated and headed well north.

SoberLeigh 09-21-2017 04:44 PM

Goodnight, Julyers.

Sweet dreams.