SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of October 2014 Part 39 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/411880-class-october-2014-part-39-a.html)

Briar 06-30-2017 07:54 PM

Suze - I'm glad you're adjusting to the new climate and liking it. I've heard the weather out there can be ridiculous.

Mark1014 07-01-2017 05:15 AM

Ice cream drumstick , Choco Taco. Well then I gotta get out more as I've never heard of or had either. I have seen those Klondike units and plan to purchase myself one . I will definitely get back out to the west coast at some point, but after our March trip to SoCal my goal is to never go back to the LA area again.......unless it's to change planes in LAX enroute to somewhere wonderful.

Enjoy the rock climbing Briar.

Did I miss it? When's the big move day Arbor?

A quick weather check shows 93% humidity. Refreshing.

Time to push off for gym time. It's nice and quiet there on Saturday mornings. I like it.

Happy July everyone. :)

Arbor 07-01-2017 06:02 AM

So many treats, so little time!

Weather can be pretty radical, Suze. At least the humidity is really only around for three months or so. Wait until September hits. What a glorious time of year.

Still need to trick out the ol profile. Mines still bland!

Man, I wish I could get back into some hobbies. Rock climbing sounds killer. It's still major kid detail over here. The terrible twos have hit full force.

:explode

Briar 07-01-2017 10:02 AM

Arbor - it's so hard with little kids. You have so little freedom to do anything other than care for them (argue with them), and work. Mines getting older, but since we only have one, we are still her only playmates at home. It is getting better though.

Mark - yeah the LA area is chaos. I avoid it too. We've been down in the San Diego area a few times. It's not too bad. Del Mar is nice. But first things first - you have a lot of ice cream treats to catch up on.

Arbor 07-01-2017 10:45 AM

Ha, that's right. Eat your ice cream, Mark. You've got some serious catching up to do. :)

Work and kids, Briar. That's life in a nutshell! Feels like ALL work sometimes, but it is nice that the boys have each other. I see them play and entertain one another. This new house has some real gems for them like a tree house, wooden swing set, and hot tub. Plus, the property is roughly two acres of serious tree action.

Briar 07-01-2017 12:31 PM

Nice! Great to have outdoor space for the kids. Our backyard sucks, but we live right next to a great creek. She isn't allowed to run around out there by herself though. It is a public area, and occasionally there are some, um, long term campers, if you know what I mean. This area is so favorable that we tend to have a large homeless population. Most of them are very nice, but you just never know.

SoberLeigh 07-01-2017 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Briar (Post 6519863)
Klondikes are good stuff, as are ice cream drumsticks. But nothing beats the legendary Choco Taco.

Nothing. I've made my point.

Mark - if you're ever back in the area, there's a place here called the CrepeVine that's all about crepes. They have both sweet and savory. It's pretty good. I've never tried to cook them, but it is my understanding that they are tricky and do require a special pan.

Tomorrow I'm taking a climbing class to start my formal climbing education. The timing is good because my muscles have finally recovered. Yesterday my shoulder was so stiff that I wasn't sure it would be better in time. But today it feels much better. I'm really looking forward to climbing again!

In the meantime, has SR considered how addictive tricking out your profile is? I'm having way too much fun with it. It's tricky, but there's actually a ton of options buried in there.

Have fun and go safely, Briar.

SoberLeigh 07-01-2017 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Briar (Post 6519863)
Klondikes are good stuff, as are ice cream drumsticks. But nothing beats the legendary Choco Taco.

Nothing. I've made my point.

Mark - if you're ever back in the area, there's a place here called the CrepeVine that's all about crepes. They have both sweet and savory. It's pretty good. I've never tried to cook them, but it is my understanding that they are tricky and do require a special pan.

Tomorrow I'm taking a climbing class to start my formal climbing education. The timing is good because my muscles have finally recovered. Yesterday my shoulder was so stiff that I wasn't sure it would be better in time. But today it feels much better. I'm really looking forward to climbing again!

In the meantime, has SR considered how addictive tricking out your profile is? I'm having way too much fun with it. It's tricky, but there's actually a ton of options buried in there.

Have fun and go safely, dear Briar.

SoberLeigh 07-01-2017 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mark1014 (Post 6520282)
Ice cream drumstick , Choco Taco. Well then I gotta get out more as I've never heard of or had either. I have seen those Klondike units and plan to purchase myself one . I will definitely get back out to the west coast at some point, but after our March trip to SoCal my goal is to never go back to the LA area again.......unless it's to change planes in LAX enroute to somewhere wonderful.

Time to push off for gym time. It's nice and quiet there on Saturday mornings. I like it.

:lmao Refreshing :lmao

SoberLeigh 07-01-2017 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mark1014 (Post 6520282)

I haven't heard of Chocolate Taco.

Google Time for me.

SoberLeigh 07-01-2017 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Arbor (Post 6520362)
So many treats, so little time!

Weather can be pretty radical, Suze. At least the humidity is really only around for three months or so. Wait until September hits. What a glorious time of year.

Still need to trick out the ol profile. Mines still bland!

Man, I wish I could get back into some hobbies. Rock climbing sounds killer. It's still major kid detail over here. The terrible twos have hit full force.

:explode

(((((Arbor))))). Blessedly, they don't last forever!!!!!!

SoberLeigh 07-01-2017 12:49 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Choco_taco.jpg

SoberLeigh 07-01-2017 12:50 PM

^ oh my goodness

SoberLeigh 07-01-2017 12:50 PM

Hello and love to all, Octsobers.

SoberLeigh 07-01-2017 12:52 PM

Sobriety

Rocks

Happy Fourth of July Weekend

Mark1014 07-01-2017 04:54 PM

My stars that ChocoTaco looks serious! I've been hedge trimming most of the day (between rains) and lots of it was up high, so my shoulders are burning! Wife is at Kroger and I've messaged her to see if they have Klondike. All that sweaty yard work calls for a treat me thinks. Raining again now so work is DONE. Woohoo. Oysters for dinner, again...yum.

SoberLeigh 07-01-2017 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mark1014 (Post 6521200)
My stars that ChocoTaco looks serious! I've been hedge trimming most of the day (between rains) and lots of it was up high, so my shoulders are burning! Wife is at Kroger and I've messaged her to see if they have Klondike. All that sweaty yard work calls for a treat me thinks. Raining again now so work is DONE. Woohoo. Oysters for dinner, again...yum.

Hope you enjoyed a cold, sweet treat Mark!!!!

SoberLeigh 07-01-2017 07:24 PM

Goodnight, Octsobers.

Pleasant dreams.

SoberLeigh 07-01-2017 07:24 PM

Have a great day, Dee and PhoenixJ.

SoberLeigh 07-01-2017 07:25 PM

❤️ Love ❤️ and Peace to all.