SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of October 2014 Part 39 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/411880-class-october-2014-part-39-a.html)

SoberLeigh 06-30-2017 06:04 PM

Goodnight, Octsobers.

Pleasant dreams.

SoberLeigh 06-30-2017 06:05 PM

Have a great day, Dee and PJ.

SoberLeigh 06-30-2017 06:05 PM

Love and Peace to all.

And a safe and sober Fourth Weekend.

SoberLeigh 06-30-2017 06:07 PM

Sobriety

Rocks

Mark1014 06-30-2017 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6519717)
Hi, Mark.

Crepes are fun to make.

We used to have a crepe pan back when crepes were all the rage.

I especially like dessert crepes - wait, is that laughter I hear!!!!!!!!

Uh oh, didn't know I needed a special pan! And I thought all crepes were dessert crepes. Obviously I'm not a crepe savvy guy. Oh well. A bit of research is in order.

Good night Leigh. :)

SoberLeigh 06-30-2017 06:18 PM

Was there ever a Magic Pan Restaurant near you, Mark?

They had the most amazing dessert crepes (and dinner crepes, too).

SoberLeigh 06-30-2017 06:19 PM

:e044:

Nighty-night.

Arbor 06-30-2017 06:31 PM

Good to see you, Phoebe. Normal to be scared of such things. It will all be behind you before you know it.

Never had a Klondike, Mark? Oh, man. Grew up on those things! Just recently had some in stock here. Didn't last too long. All these treats are back in my life again because of these kids.

Just sitting here listening to the summer thunderstorms rolling in. That and some classic MTV 80's videos. ;)

Nite!

Mark1014 06-30-2017 06:49 PM

I'm not familiar with Magic Pan restaurants Leigh, likely we didn't have any around here. Dinner crepes, sounds good to me.

Love a good thunderstorm. When I was out today I heard that old tune....I want my, I want my, I want my MTV. :) Takes me back .

Nite all......

SoberLeigh 06-30-2017 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mark1014 (Post 6519782)
I'm not familiar with Magic Pan restaurants Leigh, likely we didn't have any around here. Dinner crepes, sounds good to me.

Love a good thunderstorm. When I was out today I heard that old tune....I want my, I want my, I want my MTV. :) Takes me back .

Nite all......

Sleep well, Mark. Pleasant dreams.

Conquest 06-30-2017 07:13 PM

Thinking of that song makes me want to break out the air guitar! Lol

Gnight everyone!

SoberLeigh 06-30-2017 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Conquest (Post 6519813)
Thinking of that song makes me want to break out the air guitar! Lol

Gnight everyone!

:lmao It does, doesn't it!!!!!! :lmao

venuscat 06-30-2017 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Briar (Post 6518565)
Hi Phoebe, you have a lot on your plate. Hang in there, you are loved and will make it through.

Suze, you've been through so much. You're tougher than I bet you ever realized.

So, I work with law enforcement people, which is the only reason I know this wonderful story: today one of our local cops, a big tough guy, stopped two lanes of traffic to rescue a tiny black kitten that had wandered onto the highway. He became smitten with it while he waited for animal control to arrive and sent us a whole bunch of pictures. Now he is adopting it.

Sometimes the little miracles are the big ones, right?

Yes Love, I am indeed way tougher than I thought I was. WAY tougher. :)

And awwwwwwwwwwwwww....that story is just divine.

Thank you for sharing. :) :hug: ♥

SoberLeigh 06-30-2017 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6519837)
Yes Love, I am indeed way tougher than I thought I was. WAY tougher. :)

And awwwwwwwwwwwwww....that story is just divine.

Thank you for sharing. :) :hug: ♥

You know how to rock strength, Suze!!!!! :)

venuscat 06-30-2017 07:37 PM

Summer thunderstorms indeed....why did no one warn me about the crazy weather here? Well, it's lucky no one did warn me....this humidity is insane, and the summer thunderstorms are lasting all of five minutes at the moment and nothing cools off at all. It just gets steamier.

However, no matter how weird this climate is for me....and WAY too hot, even for an Australian...I am getting used to it. And sshhhhhh, I don't actually mind it at all. The main reason is because I can breath....like never before. No allergies to anything air-born here, no sneezing, no sinus issues. And no asthma.

So in the end, I am mystified and beginning to enjoy the change. It does feel more like the weather you guys get down south though....not sure what that's about this year.

Loving reading everyone's posts.....still tired though so I will talk more tomorrow.

Night all. And good afternoon Dee and PJ. :hug: s ♥

venuscat 06-30-2017 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6519842)
You know how to rock strength, Suze!!!!! :)

A bit like you then my love. :) :hug: ♥

SoberLeigh 06-30-2017 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6519849)
A bit like you then my love. :) :hug: ♥

:hug:

:)

:hug:

SoberLeigh 06-30-2017 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6519848)
Summer thunderstorms indeed....why did no one warn me about the crazy weather here? Well, it's lucky no one did warn me....this humidity is insane, and the summer thunderstorms are lasting all of five minutes at the moment and nothing cools off at all. It just gets steamier.

However, no matter how weird this climate is for me....and WAY too hot, even for an Australian...I am getting used to it. And sshhhhhh, I don't actually mind it at all. The main reason is because I can breath....like never before. No allergies to anything air-born here, no sneezing, no sinus issues. And no asthma.

So in the end, I am mystified and beginning to enjoy the change. It does feel more like the weather you guys get down south though....not sure what that's about this year.

Loving reading everyone's posts.....still tired though so I will talk more tomorrow.

Night all. And good afternoon Dee and PJ. :hug: s ♥

Nothing like breathing free!!!!!! :)

SoberLeigh 06-30-2017 07:42 PM

Goodnight, for real this time!!!!!

Briar 06-30-2017 07:52 PM

Klondikes are good stuff, as are ice cream drumsticks. But nothing beats the legendary Choco Taco.

Nothing. I've made my point.

Mark - if you're ever back in the area, there's a place here called the CrepeVine that's all about crepes. They have both sweet and savory. It's pretty good. I've never tried to cook them, but it is my understanding that they are tricky and do require a special pan.

Tomorrow I'm taking a climbing class to start my formal climbing education. The timing is good because my muscles have finally recovered. Yesterday my shoulder was so stiff that I wasn't sure it would be better in time. But today it feels much better. I'm really looking forward to climbing again!

In the meantime, has SR considered how addictive tricking out your profile is? I'm having way too much fun with it. It's tricky, but there's actually a ton of options buried in there.