SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 48 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/409592-class-march-2016-part-48-a.html)

CaseyW 05-17-2017 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbieka (Post 6461020)
"Some of the posts here have reminder me of how just important it is to focus on today in sobriety. I cannot change yesterday- it is just a memory. Tomorrow has not happened yet- so apart from a bit of an eye to the future 9paying bills, food -etc) my focus has to remain on the here and now- on today" PJ

Reminds me of something I think I've posted here before. There was an old timer I used to see regularly at the first AA meetings I attended who'd always end his shares with, "If you're standing with one foot in the past and one foot in the future, you're probably just peeing all over today." (Though he used a little more colorful word than "peeing.")

Bobbieka 05-17-2017 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by CaseyW (Post 6461055)
Reminds me of something I think I've posted here before. There was an old timer I used to see regularly at the first AA meetings I attended who'd always end his shares with, "If you're standing with one foot in the past and one foot in the future, you're probably just peeing all over today." (Though he used a little more colorful word than "peeing.")

That's pretty freaking funny. That visual though....

Ladybug2 05-17-2017 09:58 AM

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't checking in awhile ... all is good. Day 24. Been busy trying to get ready for our upcoming vacation. We leave this Saturday for our annual beach trip. While I love the beach and am looking forward to getting away, I am not looking forward to being around alcohol all week. There will be 9 adults/3 kids and most of the adults will be drinking a lot. Last year I snuck it all week. I don't want to be that person this year. Going to focus on feeling good in the mornings and being present and able to enjoy watching the little ones.

I'll try and check in when I can, especially if I start to wobble. So grateful for you all. Love and prayers to everyone here xxx

Bobbieka 05-17-2017 11:30 AM

Good thing you're not the person you were a year ago. Enjoy each day. I think you'll come home and really treasure this sober vacation, LB.

Bobbieka 05-17-2017 11:37 AM

Okay, I told myself I wasn't going to post half of the 500 posts in this thread like I did in the last thread, but you guys are too quiet.

Is everyone doing okay?

I am. I spoke with my son at lunch and then spent 5 minutes in my car crying. Now I feel much better. Amazing how tears can be so cleansing.

We are having taco night tonight at my oldest son's house. It will be a lot of fun.

I am 346 days sober today. That number just kind of jumped out at me like - wow, that's a lot of days.

I started watching The West Wing on Netflix because I'm old. I watched it all before, I really love the writing.

Speaking of writing, I'm thinking about starting a sober blog. My husband suggested it.

Okay, can't think of much else.

Caramel 05-17-2017 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ (Post 6460808)
the best time to post, dear ones (and guys) is when I do not want to. Posting helps....

Time zones mean I see this hours later - you ok, Phoenix? xx

CaseyW 05-17-2017 01:14 PM

I am doing OK. Some random thoughts of "drink today, start not drinking tomorrow." Just drank a big bottle of Gatorade. Heating up some leftover pizza. Not getting out of my pajamas. If I don't leave the house, I can't buy poison. I know that's not a good longterm plan but it's early days and it'll work for just right now.

Enjoy your tacos and your family time, Bobbie. Congrats on 346. That is a huge number. 347 will be even huger.

Bobbieka 05-17-2017 01:31 PM

Early days suck. But just think, you never ever have to do this again. (insert smiley face - I used your words on you).

No, seriously. White knuckle, eat ice cream, play video games, rant here. That's what got me through my early days. Probably too much ice cream, but hey. You're doing a great job. Your support is invaluable. So, stay in your pj's, leave those trousers in the closet. Or, on the floor, whatever.

Purplrks3647 05-17-2017 01:48 PM

http://i63.tinypic.com/2ia770g.jpg

CaseyW 05-17-2017 02:28 PM

No ice cream. Not going to the store. Wish they delivered ice cream though.

beerbgone 05-17-2017 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by CaseyW (Post 6461577)
No ice cream. Not going to the store. Wish they delivered ice cream though.

Have ya' tried downloading some Casey?

beerbgone 05-17-2017 04:08 PM

http://i66.tinypic.com/db2xf.jpg

PhoenixJ 05-17-2017 04:12 PM

WELL! I am watching...because I am old. Affirming, assertive- take that! statement B. NO words re your son. You know my thoughts on family. All I can offer is shared tears and my sincere prayers. You and your sons deserve them.

My little post when I do not want to- I was trying to offer support to guys who seemed as if they are struggling, but did not want to ne specific just in case is misread their words. Actually slept and whole 4 hours- so parts of me feel human. IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE! (Insert picture of Franky- tried, copyright)

I think someone asked about paperwork from faceless men. Since round 5 with reviewing (insert looked like an alcie to me look) faceless doctor- nothing. Literally hundreds of hours of combined person hours and resources in this. If all countries could only go to war by filling out the paper work, Ramses the Great would still be appealing to god about Moses.
All for now- have to get ready for my counselling session with my son's name sake.

ManInTheArena 05-17-2017 05:06 PM

346 days. Holy cow, that is awesome. Thanks for being here Bobbie, and sharing and contributing and supporting and just being so darn nice.

I'm doing ok, but kind of in the same boat as Casey. That tough week I had a short while ago has been tough to recover from. It was not a little slip or a gentle fall - it was pretty ugly. I've been burying myself in work, which only works so long. My plan includes hitting the gym more and golfing with some non-drinking guys I met.

For tonight, I'm just gonna take an extra shower. Hopefully the squeaky clean outside will help me keep a squeaky clean inside.

CaseyW 05-17-2017 05:10 PM

Still sober. Still hiding out. Haven't spoken to a single person today except via typing. Only stepped outside long enough to walk twenty steps to take out the trash. Not overwhelmed with cravings today but it's just kinda this low, persistent, background hum.

PhoenixJ 05-17-2017 05:28 PM

go for a walk cw- isolating is not good

Purplrks3647 05-17-2017 05:36 PM

I can't thank SR and you all enough for being on this journey with me.....otherwise I probably wouldn't be sober right now. :c017:

beerbgone 05-17-2017 06:14 PM

It's BBT time friends. See ya' in the mornin'!

Thanks for keeping me sober today!

FallingLeaves 05-17-2017 06:35 PM

Hi everyone! I've been sober since March 2016, is there room for me here?

CaseyW 05-17-2017 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ (Post 6461810)
go for a walk cw- isolating is not good

Yeah, I'm going to make myself get out tomorrow. Well, first off, I have to go to work, but I'm going to hang with the family tomorrow and hit up an AA meeting too.

But isolating got the job done for this one day.

Glad you found us, FallingLeaves, and congrats on your year-plus sobriety. Not all of us have been continually sober since March 16 but we're all still trying. We've got a good group here and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Going to watch an episode of Fargo and crash. While it ain't midnight yet, I'm pretty darn sure I'm going to bed sober tonight. Thanks for the support today.

Ladybug2 05-17-2017 07:16 PM

Great job, Casey. Early sobriety is so hard. I know, I'm still doing it. We'll keep doing it together.

Hi FallingLeaves and welcome. Congrats on your 1+ year of sobriety :)

Bobbie, you're just awesome. Coming up on 1 year. So proud of you.

Well, I think that iced coffee I had at 5:30 was a bad idea. Ah well, better than booze. Night all and thanks for keeping me sober another day.

ManInTheArena 05-17-2017 07:50 PM

Good to see you LB! If I had coffee at 5:30 I'd be watching the sun come up. I can't get my day started without a cup or two, but then I'm done.

Hi FallingLeaves, and welcome! If you've been sober since March of 2016 then this is your place. Visit often.

Casey, whatever works - good job.

I got all cleaned up, drank about a liter of water and just grilled up a little dinner. Fortunately, I have some Klondike bars in the freezer - don't hate me.

Have a good night everyone!

PhoenixJ 05-17-2017 08:48 PM

Welcome falling leaves.

Which are- here in 'stralya

Bobbieka 05-17-2017 09:04 PM

Welcome to the cool kids' table, FallingLeaves. Congrats on your sobriety. That's amazing!

Great job today, Casey! Very proud of you.

MITA, I'm a bit jealous of the Klondike bars.

Good night, LB and BBT, good afternoon, Phoenix.

Purps, I know you're sleeping, so I hope you have great dreams about your crush.

CH- hey.

Had a great evening with Sophia. My daughters gave her a little concert of Disney songs. She was delighted and it was adorable.

Night, class.

PhoenixJ 05-17-2017 09:27 PM

Had me little counselling session. All good- nothing earth shattering.
Hi B. 1355 T'ursday.

Bobbieka 05-17-2017 09:39 PM

Hey, Phx. Hope all is well down there.

PhoenixJ 05-17-2017 10:05 PM

Just 'one of those days' B. Listless, lacking energy. Mindful crap....

Purplrks3647 05-18-2017 02:26 AM

I've been lacking energy too, Phoenix. Maybe its a "worldwide feeling of blah" going on, but I'm hoping to snap out of it.

Welcome, FallingLeaves! Awesome job on your sobriety! :)

Wow, Bobbie, coming up on a year ~ so proud of you! And I bet that Disney concert was too stinkin' cute! :D

Hi everyone! Time to fire up the startin' fluid! :23:

PhoenixJ 05-18-2017 02:57 AM

Purplrks3647 05-18-2017 03:05 AM

Oh crap! I just found out that Chris Cornell passed away last night..... :e076: