SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 48 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/409592-class-march-2016-part-48-a.html)

Bobbieka 05-15-2017 07:25 AM

Good morning!

It's a brand new week. New opportunities for awesomeness. Going to try and take advantage of that.

Phoenix - that guy sounds like a bit of an a--. The woman's story is sad. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sam - you know the things you need to do. Just a reminder - hit your step goal, yoga, food, wash your face. Do them even when you don't feel like it.

Purple - Same advice. I know sometimes I get in a funk. If I make myself do the right stuff, the right feelings do come. Get to the gym. It's important.

Casey - hugs man. I'm sorry this is a battle for you this time. Keep conquering virtual demons until you've conquered your real ones.

BBG - how did your video go?

MITA - sorry about last week. How are you today?

PR - freakin' neighbors suck. Hope you got some rest and your little guy is better.

CH - Hope work is uneventful today.

LB - Have a fantastic day! Congrats on 3 weeks. Keep walking the walk - you can do it.

Okay - time to work.

Have a fantastic day, fantastic people!!

“To move to a new level in your life, you must break through your comfort zone and do things that are not comfortable.”

PhoenixJ 05-15-2017 07:32 AM

B- did you mean to say ********? Is that the word? ********? His brain is alcohol fried. Got up at least 7 times to do lordy knows what. Harmless- sober. There but for the grace of god, go I (If there is a god).

Bobbieka 05-15-2017 08:01 AM

Yes. Some people don't quit soon enough. There's a guy in my home group. Sweetest man. He Is about 10 months sober. He had trouble formulating thoughts for months. A bit of trouble reading. It's cool watching him transform as the effects of alcohol leave him. And yes, I was on my way there for sure.

Bobbieka 05-15-2017 08:02 AM

May 15, 2017
– NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CHIP DAY
– PEACE OFFICERS MEMORIAL DAY
– NATIONAL NYLON STOCKING DAY

beerbgone 05-15-2017 09:00 AM

Hmmm. Peace officers and nylon stockings share the same day???

Bobbieka 05-15-2017 09:15 AM

don't forget chocolate chips

Bobbieka 05-15-2017 09:19 AM

This is freaking awesome!

Taking Risks

Take a risk. Take a chance.

We do not have to indulge in obviously foolhardy or self-defeating risks, but we can allow ourselves to take positive risks in recovery. We cannot afford to keep ourselves paralyzed.

We do not have to keep ourselves stymied and trapped out of fear of making a mistake or failing. Naturally, we will make mistakes and fail from time to time. That's part of being fully alive. There are no guarantees. If we are waiting for guaranteed courses of action, we may spend much of our life waiting.

We do not have to shame ourselves or accept shame from anyone else, even those in recovery, for making mistakes. The goal of recovery is not to live life perfectly. The goal of recovery is to live, learn our lessons, and make overall progress.

Take a risk. Do not always wait for a guarantee. We don't have to listen to "I told you so." Dust yourself off after a mistake, and then move on to the success.

God, help me begin to take healthy risks. Help me let go of my fear of failure, and help me let go of my fear of success. Help me let go of my fear of fully living my life, and help me start experiencing all parts of this journey.

ManInTheArena 05-15-2017 09:27 AM

Hi All. Doing fine today. Work is keeping me busy, which is good.

Seems like everyone is doing pretty well here. Sorry you lost your post, Casey. That was happening to me a few weeks back. It's frustrating but I try to remember that if it's the worst thing that happens to me, then it's a good day :)

Catch you guys later.

Purplrks3647 05-15-2017 10:19 AM

Lunch time! Just wanted 2 share something funny from this morning on the radio - News about a girl who stole $15,000 worth of Girl Scout cookies and Galvin said "So thats, what, four boxes?" :roflmao

samantha14 05-15-2017 10:44 AM

"The goal of recovery is not to live life perfectly. The goal of recovery is to live, learn our lessons, and make overall progress." I really like this. We may not be perfect but the true goal should be growth. Thanks Bobbie ❤️

Hey MITA!!

Pretty productive day so far. Clean house, worn out pup and tea steeped. Can't complain.

beerbgone 05-15-2017 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by samantha14 (Post 6458282)
"The goal of recovery is not to live life perfectly. The goal of recovery is to live, learn our lessons, and make overall progress." I really like this. We may not be perfect but the true goal should be growth. Thanks Bobbie ❤️

Hey MITA!!

Pretty productive day so far. Clean house, worn out pup and tea steeped. Can't complain.

I like that Sam.

Glad you're having a productive day!

CaseyW 05-15-2017 03:19 PM

Thoughts/rationalizations were there a little bit ago. Put on my PJs, ordered pizza, waiting for it to be delivered. If I don't leave the house, I can't buy poison, right? Right.

Caramel 05-15-2017 03:23 PM

CaseyW - enjoy your pizza, a happy evening, and a peaceful night's sleep afterwards.
Take care :grouphug:

samantha14 05-15-2017 04:05 PM

I like your thinking Casey. Wish it was like that here...you can have poison delivered right to your door. Blah

PhoenixJ 05-15-2017 04:15 PM

Choc chip pizza? Take a risk!!

samantha14 05-15-2017 04:59 PM

Checking in tonight. Watching a Trump documentary with DH (eye roll) and drinking some Sleepytime Tea....not sure which one will make me sleepier. Lol

Thanks for helping keep me sober today. You guys are awesome!!

CaseyW 05-15-2017 06:25 PM

Didn't drink. Not gonna drink. That's a win. Pizza consumed. Zelda played for the last couple of hours. Going to put on an old movie and try to crash reasonably early. Long day at work tomorrow. Thanks for keeping me sober today.

PhoenixJ 05-15-2017 06:44 PM

Sam- interesting choice for a doco. Hope all is well.
Still feeling very fatigued- ...king SORE BITS. but ...I checked outside and it seemed as if the world was about to stop turning because I am feeling like a whiney little shite, so I sent a pm to god telling her to keep on- regardless. Off to a meeting soon.

beerbgone 05-15-2017 06:49 PM

Nitey night friends. Thanks for keeping me sober today!

Bobbieka 05-15-2017 07:41 PM

Night, guys.

Keets 05-15-2017 08:44 PM

Worn out and nothing has changed. Just checked and it's been 152 days now. Time is just going by so fast, not necessary a good thing. It is as in I'm not drinking and my number is getting biggger . But it isn't because nkt much has changed in this whole time. I'm kind of st a stand still. Stuck doing the same thing everyday again but it's all good stuff. Working has been good for me but I'm just sooo busy. I'm missing school things now and not checking email or eating healthy. I'm nkt drinking and glad that didn't change. Need to check in to remind myself to nkt get lost again. Now j need to. E strong and just say no to the before bed bowl of cereal.(verry big bowl) hahaha

PhoenixJ 05-15-2017 11:07 PM

Keets - cereal b4 bed- very Seinfeld. You have done something different, there is change- you are not drinking. Mountains erode- grain by grain, so change seems to me that slow. BUT it is still change.

Purplrks3647 05-16-2017 02:59 AM

Thanks Bobbie for sharing the post about taking risks. I needed that!

Good to see you all here......internet has been acting up so just wanted to say hello while I can. Let's continue our awesomeness today! :headbang:

PhoenixJ 05-16-2017 03:14 AM

Awesomenessfullestness

Bobbieka 05-16-2017 04:07 AM

Cool word, Phoenix!

Good freaking morning, guys!! Get up!

samantha14 05-16-2017 04:22 AM

Morning! Man I just can never sleep in...blech.

No real plans (again) today. Maybe the gym and some job hunting. Back to work Thursday so I'd better enjoy being bored while I can!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

beerbgone 05-16-2017 04:55 AM

Mornin' friends. Beautiful day here in my little corner of the world?

Sam you're thinkin' of changing job? Is this something new or did I miss something?

samantha14 05-16-2017 05:10 AM

I really need to change jobs BBG. This one certainly isn't healthy in terms of balance. Just not sure what else I might be good at so lots to consider.

Bobbieka 05-16-2017 06:29 AM

BBG - just remember - I don't make these up.

May 16, 2017 –
NATIONAL SEA MONKEY DAY
NATIONAL LOVE A TREE DAY
NATIONAL COQUILLES SAINT JACQUES DAY
NATIONAL BIOGRAPHER’S DAY
NATIONAL PIERCING DAY
HONOR OUR LGBT ELDERS DAY

CaseyW 05-16-2017 06:29 AM

Didn't sleep good last night. Work all day/night today. Those first two sentences are not a great combination. But good thing about being at work so long is it means I can't drink. Won't drink. I'm not doing that anymore.

Have a good day, all.