SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Venuscat's thread - An unexpected bump in the road Pt.3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/398892-venuscats-thread-unexpected-bump-road-pt-3-a.html)

aussieblue 10-26-2016 01:25 PM

Get well soon Suze.:hug:

Kris47 10-26-2016 04:53 PM

Feel better. Hug for you, Suze.

theVman31 10-26-2016 06:13 PM

Awesome work Suze "2" :

:c011: :c011:

wpainterw 10-26-2016 06:43 PM

Tonic water, with a slice of lemon or lime. Went to a restaurant with a friend and all they served was wine. No tonic water, no ginger ale, no tomato juice. Just wine. My friend and my wife had wine. I had just water. When I complained my friend said in a patronizing way, "Just be patient. We have plenty of tonic water when we get home!" I was appalled. I have never forgotten the lack of sensitivity. I felt like I had been treated like a child. Like the time my father in law went around the room at cocktail time asking everyone what they would have and then turned to me and said to the assembled guests in a loud voice, "And what will you have? Ginger Ale?" I felt like leaving. Or like smiling and saying, "Oh I'll have whatever you think is best for me. Cause I'm the family drunk!"

W

LillianGish 10-26-2016 08:50 PM

Hope you are doing ok, and that you are safe. :)

Thinking healing thoughts for you.....

venuscat 10-26-2016 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by theVman31 (Post 6187153)
Awesome work Suze "2" :

:c011: :c011:

Thank you love.....it's just so awesome. And amazing. A miracle for sure.

Originally Posted by LillianGish (Post 6187294)
Hope you are doing ok, and that you are safe. :)

Thinking healing thoughts for you.....

Thank you love....laying low and resting at the moment. I just have to. Surely I will be well soon.

venuscat 10-26-2016 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by wpainterw (Post 6187184)
Tonic water, with a slice of lemon or lime. Went to a restaurant with a friend and all they served was wine. No tonic water, no ginger ale, no tomato juice. Just wine. My friend and my wife had wine. I had just water. When I complained my friend said in a patronizing way, "Just be patient. We have plenty of tonic water when we get home!" I was appalled. I have never forgotten the lack of sensitivity. I felt like I had been treated like a child. Like the time my father in law went around the room at cocktail time asking everyone what they would have and then turned to me and said to the assembled guests in a loud voice, "And what will you have? Ginger Ale?" I felt like leaving. Or like smiling and saying, "Oh I'll have whatever you think is best for me. Cause I'm the family drunk!"

W

I am looking forward to having a tonic water with you Bill.... :hug: ♥

wpainterw 10-27-2016 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6187348)
I am looking forward to having a tonic water with you Bill.... :hug: ♥

Thinking of saying that i was the "family drunk" reminds me of a wonderful woman whom I got to know at an AA meeting. I hadn't been at the meeting for awhile and she inquired, "How are you, Bill? Are you O.K. Where have you been?" I'm afraid my sense of humor got the better of me and I smiled and said, "Face down in the gutter, Maxine! But thinking of you all the time!" "Oh Bill!" she said, "How terrible! What made you drink?" I thought of saying, "Your eyes, Maxine! Your unforgettable , irresistible Garbo eyes!" But I thought the better of it and said, "So sorry, just kidding!" It just goes to show that sobriety doesn't get rid of all those so called "character defects" ("You drank because you were bad!" An approach which I wonder about). One of them is my odd sense of humor. I should do something about it but time is running out. Do they laugh in heaven?

Bill

FBL 10-27-2016 04:00 AM

Suze, congrats on 2 years!

Gilmer 10-27-2016 04:25 AM

Congratulations on two years, Suze! :)

Babs1234 10-27-2016 09:57 AM

same here Suze---a big Congratulations to you.
Babs

Soberpotamus 10-27-2016 10:00 AM

Happy 2 Years, Suze! :)

Duffster 10-27-2016 11:36 AM

Congratulations suze!!!!

venuscat 10-27-2016 12:53 PM

Thank you all so much ~ in Columbus now, and the sun is out, and I'm going for a walk.... :)

Celebrating tonight ~ pizza with my favourite person....how awesome.
Goat found somewhere I can eat, and made absolutely sure there will be no garlic in my vicinity. I am being spoiled....it's kind of wonderful. :)

feeling-good 10-27-2016 01:01 PM

Congrats on 2 Suze and hope you enjoyed the pizza! :D

venuscat 10-27-2016 01:07 PM

I will let you know FG.....hours to go yet. :hug: ♥

wpainterw 10-27-2016 01:32 PM

Anyone who gets to the two year point on the road has exhibited enormous willpower, stamina, guts. You have that Suze, because you're an Aussie, known throughout the world as the toughest and most likable folks around. You're that and more! Congratulations! :c011::c011:

Bill

Kris47 10-27-2016 02:25 PM

http://rpgknights.com/wp-content/upl...5/01/2year.jpg

Nothing I like better than Pizza and Celebrating your outstanding recovery in sobriety with you, even across the miles.

wpainterw 10-27-2016 04:23 PM

What's on the pizza? Mushrooms? Onions? Mozarella? Anchovies? (No garlic, sausage, kangaroo meat).

Bill.

SoberLeigh 10-27-2016 06:41 PM

Suze!!!!!!

:bbj::nyy:bbj::nyy:bbj: