SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Venuscat's thread - An unexpected bump in the road Pt.3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/398892-venuscats-thread-unexpected-bump-road-pt-3-a.html)

wpainterw 10-18-2016 12:48 PM

Sorry, Suze, if you may not have found my posts more useful. I have honestly tried to help.

Bill.

aussieblue 10-18-2016 01:32 PM

Hi Suze , see if you can get a medical face mask , that may help if you are in high traffic areas again. So glad you got something to eat , I don't do well without food either. I cant wait for the travel stories to begin. Have a great holiday.:grouphug:

Delizadee 10-18-2016 02:37 PM

You sound SO much better, so much more positive! I'm sorry about the dismal air there but sounds like your trip is looking up! :)

I hope you enjoy things comfortably from here on out.
If you get bored/annoyed/restless/etc just swing on up to central Canada for a nice, chilly visit :D

but cereally. So sorry things have been so rough this far. Much starsprinkle from here on out, mkay?
xoxo love Del

Saskia 10-18-2016 03:06 PM

Suze :hug: happy to hear about some improvement. I also understand odd allergies - had plenty of them myself. Hope the rest of your trip is better!

wpainterw 10-18-2016 03:43 PM

Hi Suze:
Posted you at 3:48 p.m. today. It looks like you did not see or at least respond to it. I suggest that if you are that uncomfortable in New York at the present time (no sense just staying in your room.( I was serious when I suggested the open air top floor of the Empire State building, only a short walk or taxi ride from you.) If you are that uncomfortable why not check out and you and Goat be my guest for a night or two at the Homestead Inn in Greenwich, Conn. ,north of New York City just over the Conn. border. I have stayed there many times. You would love it. They have a first class French restaurant. Serve breakfast. Google it for a photo. On a hill, very close to the sea. Good air. To get there, just go over to Grand Central Station and take a train to Greenwich.. Stay there. Be my guest for a day or two. Then if you want to come into New York and see the sights you can come in for the day on the train. About a forty minute train ride. Makes a lot of sense. You can stay there for a night or two and then if you feel better find a good not too expensive hotel on the East Side of N.Y.C. Remember. you can always come back to .N.Y.C. I have heard of no plans for its removal.

Bill

Dee74 10-18-2016 04:11 PM

I don't think anyone suggested your posts weren't useful Bill.
Maybe Suze and Goat are enjoying NJ today rather than posting right now? :)

D

SoberLeigh 10-18-2016 04:25 PM

Love to you, Suze.

Internet access is practically non-existent.

Talk to you soon.

wpainterw 10-18-2016 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6178294)
I don't think anyone suggested your posts weren't useful Bill.
Maybe Suze and Goat are enjoying NJ today rather than posting right now? :)

D

So sorry, Dee. I stand corrected. Somehow I assumed that when i did not see Venuscat's name in the list of those( yours included!) who did find my 3:48 p.m. post today ""useful" (and my thanks to them!) I became concerned. There is a legal expression which expresses this but I have forgotten it. Something about inclusion of the unius not excluding the alterius which was not included! I have not practiced law since 1958 and have only taught it. And it is well known to lawyers that law professors really know very little indeed! Thankfully I've forgotten it the law I even professed to know (relief from boredom!) and that's why I'm misbehaving!

Bill.

Kris47 10-18-2016 05:19 PM

Just wishing you whatever will make you feel better today, Suze.

Hope some fun is involved! :)

Allergy's and MCS is no joke.

After living here in the woods on a lake with little traffic I too cannot handle too much in the way of diesel, chem lawn, etc. Glad you found out what was making you sick.

Enjoy your time together you and Goat!

Dharma33 10-18-2016 05:28 PM

(((((Suze))))) Glad you were able to enjoy a burger :)

Dee74 10-18-2016 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by wpainterw (Post 6178364)
So sorry, Dee. I stand corrected. Somehow I assumed that when i did not see Venuscat's name in the list of those( yours included!) who did find my 3:48 p.m. post today ""useful" (and my thanks to them!) I became concerned. There is a legal expression which expresses this but I have forgotten it. Something about inclusion of the unius not excluding the alterius which was not included! I have not practiced law since 1958 and have only taught it. And it is well known to lawyers that law professors really know very little indeed! Thankfully I've forgotten it the law I even professed to know (relief from boredom!) and that's why I'm misbehaving!

Bill.

No need to be sorry Bill :)

if you ever miss seeing a thanks on your posts from me it's usually user error - sometimes it seems I don't hit the thanks button hard enough :)

D

wpainterw 10-18-2016 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6178447)
No need to be sorry Bill :)

if you ever miss seeing a thanks on your posts from me it's usually user error - sometimes it seems I don't hit the thanks button hard enough :)

D

Thanks Dee. But I was using the term, "sorry" in a Pickwickian sense. I see that your post got thanked by Venuscat. "She's alive!" (That's what matters!) I'm going to bed now. Reminds me of the old rhyme, "My brain is revolving! Said Dr. Kinsolving!" :dee

Bill

venuscat 10-18-2016 07:59 PM

Bill love ~ I answered you yesterday and said thank you.
Thank you for caring. It means a great deal to me. ♥

wpainterw 10-18-2016 10:33 PM

Suze: Guess that was PermaLLnk # 184 at 8:47a.m. a day or so ago. Waited for your call for an hour and a half. No message left. Sorry I missed it. Sorry you can't accept my Greenwich Homestead Inn invitation. You and Goat would have liked it so much. Missed hearing from Goat but understand your silence since you were so ill. Sent you a lot of Private Messages. .Did you ever read them? Have fun in Richmond, Va. Consider going to Williamsburg and on down the peninsula to visit the old plantations on the James River. Will you ever visit D.C., the Capital?
Fondly,

Bill.

theVman31 10-18-2016 10:54 PM

Bonjour Suze. Im glad you found out that it was the sulphur (pollution).
I hate being in the middle of big cities too (you live on/near a beach if im not mistaking...) Im glad you got to have a meal too... I reckon give SR a break and enjoy your trip with your man.

FBL 10-19-2016 03:58 AM

Hope you have a great day, Suze!

Kris47 10-19-2016 04:35 AM

Wishing you both a Good day doing whatever!

venuscat 10-19-2016 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by theVman31 (Post 6178639)
Bonjour Suze. Im glad you found out that it was the sulphur (pollution).
I hate being in the middle of big cities too (you live on/near a beach if im not mistaking...) Im glad you got to have a meal too... I reckon give SR a break and enjoy your trip with your man.

Vinny ~ I will never take a break from my recovery. I need and want to be here.
Besides, I really really want to share this with everyone.... :) ♥

We are headed to Salem today....SO excited! :) :hug:

theVman31 10-19-2016 07:49 AM

Have to ask :
do you call him goat or by name ? :) :) Or love or mate ...
joke.

FBL 10-19-2016 08:40 AM

Suze, I visited Salem many moons ago. Watch out for the witches:)