SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 42 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/398033-one-year-over-part-42-a.html)

Gilmer 09-24-2016 05:06 PM

I appreciate you, too!

Saskia 09-24-2016 06:04 PM

Itchy, I always seem to learn something new from you :-). Thanks!

DrakeCKC 09-24-2016 07:09 PM

I am nothing but a drunk. I thought my intellect and the better life I had gained under sobriety would help me make it through. But not enough. Back to square one, back to the undies. Tomorrow will be day 1, I hope.

Love you all.

:grouphug:

venuscat 09-24-2016 07:19 PM

(((Drake))) ♥

You have the tools. You know what to do. And you know we love you.

Can you call your sponsor? Maybe get to a meeting tomorrow....put yourself in the hands of people who want to and can help you.
One step at a time. One day at a time. It's going to be alright. :hug: ♥

Mags1 09-24-2016 10:16 PM

((((Drake)))) you came back here, that's one sure step in the right direction.
We're here for you.:grouphug:

Itchy 09-24-2016 10:27 PM

Drake,
Sorry you're having a hard time staying the course. We have all been there.

Mags1 09-24-2016 10:31 PM

Morning overs

Sassy, I agree with the you, we always learn something new from itchy.

I remember my mum used to fight my battles. If I told her any of my problems. I was mortified, I was only wanting to talk it out with her and she went and tried to sort it out for me without telling me first. Bless her, she was doing what mums do, protecting her flock. After that I didn't share any of my worries or concerns and I was always fine when she asked. My mum couldn't let go of us, I think she was controlling though, even after her death it took a long while to break the umbilical chord.

Completely different senario to yours sassy and I wasn't comparing just remembering.

Hiya Wolfie! Hope you're well! I haven't seen 'stranger things' looks good!

Hope it's a good Sunday for us all!

Mags1 09-24-2016 10:35 PM

Hiya itchy and Suze

venuscat 09-24-2016 10:36 PM

Hello Mags :) ♥
Sunday has been just perfect by the way, a lovely relaxing sunny day ~ just what i needed!

Hi Itchy. :) ♥

Mags1 09-24-2016 10:59 PM

Sounds lovely, Suze. Mine is just beginning, it nearly 7am. Just been putting rubbish out and it's raining! Just for a change.

Mine's going to be similar to yours Suze. Nice and relaxing.( without Mr Sun, by the looks of it!) lol.x

Dee74 09-24-2016 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC (Post 6148083)
I am nothing but a drunk. I thought my intellect and the better life I had gained under sobriety would help me make it through. But not enough. Back to square one, back to the undies. Tomorrow will be day 1, I hope.

Love you all.

:grouphug:

One thing I found hard to accept was that my drinking got worse every time I went back.

The things that pulled me out of the quicksand in the earliest days were no longer working by the time I quit. I had to use a lot more effort and be willing to try a lot more things to escape the maelstrom.

Sounds like you're at that acceptance phase too Drake.

and..if I may, you're much more than 'just a drunk'. We all are :)

D

Soberwolf 09-24-2016 11:53 PM

Stick with us Drake it's going to be ok you got this buddy

Watch Stranger Things Mags I promise you won't be disappointed x

Hi everyone

venuscat 09-25-2016 12:38 AM

^^^ OH...I SO AGREE!!! I loved it wolfie....cannot wait for Season 2. :) :)

tootsl1 09-25-2016 01:16 AM

(((Drake))) you are definitely so much more than just a drunk, as are we all. You can and will come out the other side of this, a little older and a lot wiser X

Itchy, I totally agree. When we hit our teens we see our parents differently. We notice their flaws and faults for the first time. Teenage angst seems to exaggerate that until we feel like we hate them for being the person they are, for inflicting the life they have on us, for not understanding us. And we are never, ever ever going to be like them. At some point we ought begin to mature, see that everyone has faults and flaws, not just our parents. Everyone makes mistakes. We are not the sum of our upbringing unless we allow ourselves to be. At some point we have to take control and responsibility for the person we are now. For some that happens early on in adulthood, for others rather later. For me it took into my mid thirties, as my first husband drunk that he was, was something of an enabler. Not wanting to take responsibility for his own addiction, he chose to allow me to believe my father was the engineer of all my problems. The current Mr T. does not do that. He expects me to accept my own responsibilities and own my traits.
I have more of my father in me than I care to admit ( although I do & the current Mr T can even make me laugh about it) but I try to change the aspects of my personality that I don't like. I also used to find myself turning into 'Kevin the teenager' https://youtu.be/Lqm8JGnSshE
around him. Funny, in recent visits I have become more mature and accepting of his behaviour. And he is becoming more like Kevin!

Have a shining Sunday my friends

Treerat66 09-25-2016 02:11 AM

Good morning Overs.

Hugs to all who need them :grouphug:

Facebook - I never knew there was so much I didn't need to know.

Have the best Sunday you can.

Gilmer 09-25-2016 02:15 AM

((((((((((Drake))))))))))

:hug:

Don't condemn yourself; spend the emotional energy in willing to propel yourself forward.

Don't let this defeat paralyze you.

I hope you encounter random beauty today.

Gilmer 09-25-2016 02:18 AM

Wow, Toots--

I was totally Kevin all my life till about ten years ago!

I'm living proof that people can change!

It may take 50 years--but we can change! :headbang:

FarToGo 09-25-2016 02:40 AM

Good (mid) morning all, the sun has arrived in UK Mags, nice.
Itchy you are amazing, compassionate, wise, a good teacher. I still feel new to this group and just getting to know you all, I feel VERY lucky.
Have a great Sunday.
xx

FarToGo 09-25-2016 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Gilmer (Post 6148271)

I hope you encounter random beauty today.

What a beautiful thing to say!
xx

Gilmer 09-25-2016 03:15 AM

Thank you. I hope you find it, too!