SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2016 Part 8 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/398032-class-april-2016-part-8-a.html)

kopfan 10-09-2016 12:39 AM

Hello Sunday Morning!

Midwest1981 10-09-2016 02:23 PM

HI kopfan!!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I did. I walked a few miles today and I went to church. lazy day!

kopfan 10-10-2016 12:35 AM

Morning Everyone!

83mama0f2 10-10-2016 07:34 PM

Hey guys! Doing well. No drinks at all since April 8th. I take that back, I took a sip of my husbands diet soda not realizing it had booze in it. Tried to forget about it and moved on. Lots of things have changed in the last few months. I started dealing with debilitating anxiety and it's gotten so bad that I finally went and saw a doc and got put on anti-anxiety meds. They are helping so much! I wonder if I just have bad anxiety and have my whole life and used alcohol to numb it. Anyone else been diagnosed with anxiety disorder?

kopfan 10-10-2016 10:16 PM

Morning Everyone!

josec77 10-11-2016 05:56 AM

Good Morning All,

Day 187, 48 Pounds down, Yeah I know, I also thought I would lose a lot more weight, when I stopped drinking. I am with you Kopfan.

We are all Okay, Hurricane passed by, we got a lot of wind and rain. But all is okay.

I haven’t been losing a lot of weight lately, I know why, I haven’t been working out and boy chocolate taste so good. Lol I have to cut that down cause I need to lose more weight.

My mind is clearing up and I am feeling a lot better. I am not walking around feeling like I am in a daze anymore. That was before. Now, I am seeing things better, clearer. What a difference. I sometimes get down on myself, feeling like boy I wasted so many years. But I talk myself back up. I have to stop thinking of the past. That not me anymore. I like the way I am feeling and looking. I have to keep my eyes on God and the future. Make the best of the rest of my life.

Supplements, Boy do they help. I think I am a master herbalist at this time. Lol I have spent so much time reading, and learning about the different supplements. God had provided an herb for every problem we can have. It does take time and you have to attack issue quickly. And yes you have to be careful, because it could have reaction with other meds you take.

Kopfan – :c012:

Midwest – Enjoy your camping trip.

Belier – Chocolate time, I also love it. Lol

Stargazer – Question, I know that we all heal at different rates. But overall I think that the effects of alcohol will be pretty much gone at the one-year mark? From your experience, is that about right?

Dee – thanks, All is okay, Hurricane was a scary CAT4 storm. :tyou

Suzie, Caramel, Winslow, Tati and Kittycat – :c012:

Sorry If I missed anyone.

Until next time, Stay Strong, Stay Sober, and Choose Life!!!

Midwest1981 10-11-2016 06:43 AM

Good morning everyone!!

I am still camping for 9 more days. I feel great. My eyes are even clearer it does take awhile for that to happen. I am at 4 months and 6 days.

The campground is right by a liquor store but it hasn't bothered me at all. I have been walking every day. I am not sure if I lost anymore weight or not but I bought a new pair of jeans a month ago and only wore them a few times and they are big in me. So I bought another pair yesterday and a new fall shirt too. I shouldn't have bought that first pair. I can sell them or just wear them kinda big. lol

Josec-48 pounds is amazing. I think it's good you are taking a little break from the weight loss. You can lose it to quickly. It is great that your maintaining. Maintaining is the hard part!! I know you can loose more when your ready. That is great about the herbs. I have been drinking tons of tea with honey! I haven't been taking my vitamins but probably should.

83mama- you are doing great!! I haven't ever been on medicine for aniexty but I do have a little aniexty. I am glad you went to the doctor and the meds are helping. I know I have drinked in the past to relax me when I have been high strung. These days I am relaxing in other ways. :).

I am running out of bandwidth on my phone. What's new?! So I'll get here when I can.

I am really proud of our April group.

Winslow 10-11-2016 06:53 AM

Jose,would you mind pm'ing me the supps you're taking? I take some but I'm always interested in holistic health, hope everyone else is doing well:)

Dee74 10-11-2016 02:58 PM

Really glad to hear you're safe and well Josec :)

Hey midwest, kopfan, Stargazer, Belier Suzie and winslow :)

83Mama I know for a fact I've been anxious all my life - that was one of the reasons I started drinking.

If you feel this anxiety is something that only developed after you started drinking then it may go away in time - I've heard it has for some.

Of course if it's debilitating maybe you need to see someone about it?

D

Midwest1981 10-11-2016 03:27 PM

HI Dee and Winslow and the rest of the aprilites.

I had a great day. Should sleep well. I was real active.

kopfan 10-12-2016 01:56 AM

Morning Everyone!

I'm going to start swapping some meals for soups and smoothies to try and get rid of this beer belly!

Have a great day everyone!

Midwest1981 10-12-2016 08:20 AM

HI Kopfan!!

Sounds like a good plan. I am going to get started too.

I just had healthy cereal for breakfast and I am going to eat healthy snacks if I get hungry....like fruit or yogurt.

It rained all night and it's still raining now. I hope it clears up so I can take my walk.

:)

kopfan 10-12-2016 01:11 PM

Man I am fighting cravings for that Snickers bar!

A Marathon Bar when I was a kid.

Gimme some chocolate! Had soup for dinner and I just sneaked two cookies so that's it for me today.

Good night everyone!

Belier 10-12-2016 01:33 PM

yum cookies! Hi Everyone !

Midwest1981 10-12-2016 06:24 PM

HI belier! Hope you are doing well!!

Kopfan- it sounds like you are off to a good start. I had an apple with peanut butter as a snack and a cup of hot chocolate. Not bad overall!

It rained all day. It never cleared up enough to take a walk. I am freezing. lol
I am reminding myself of what stargazer said about camping in bad weather. lol ;)

kopfan 10-12-2016 11:53 PM

Morning Everyone!

Camping is such great fun. As long as you have a comfy airbed!

Have a great day everyone.

Midwest1981 10-13-2016 06:15 AM

Good morning!!

Kopfan- I always manage to get holes in air beds. It never fails. lol. The pop up has two king size beds. It is really comfortable.

My bandwidth is down to 2g speeds on my phone but I can still get here. I can handle it. That was something I couldn't handle hangover.

stargazer016 10-13-2016 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by josec77 (Post 6169502)

Stargazer – Question, I know that we all heal at different rates. But overall I think that the effects of alcohol will be pretty much gone at the one-year mark? From your experience, is that about right?

Josec, I just lost a long rely to your question. Cliff Notes version now.

I feel the healing process is ongoing for all of us. Being an addict truly is a humbling experience, and I am trying to incorporate my new found humility into my daily life. Being free of booze has allowed me to experience an inner peace and serenity that I didn't know was possible. For me, the healing process continues each and every day, and that is not a bad thing at all. I can't envision a moment when I say to myself, "That's it, I am healed!"

kopfan 10-13-2016 11:15 PM

Morning Everyone!

Not wondering whether I drank last night, will drink tonight or anything abut drink is a beautiful feeling.

Peace and serenity in place of All That Drama.

Have a great day everyone!

Midwest1981 10-14-2016 06:31 AM

I agree...I don't miss that drama.

Some of you are almost 6 months sober!! Amazing.