SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Part 27 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/395488-class-march-2016-part-27-a.html)

samantha14 08-04-2016 04:36 AM

Good morning class!!

Bobbie - ouch!! I hope your hand is better this morning! :(

Thirteenth - glad you checked in - we miss you!

Hi Fred and lcarus!!

Kayak - this line "Show me that my mind so dark and cloudy can still have flowers bloom, even in the harshest of conditions" is amazing and truly spoke to me this morning...thank you :)

Well off to work for me - there has been an impromptu leadership meeting called for 10am - curious what it's all about and grateful to be heading to it sober and not hungover....

Applekat 08-04-2016 05:26 AM

Good morning and checking in on day 12.
I won't drink today.

I say this while I can hear my two kids fighting downstairs while I'm getting dressed. Argh. Can't leave them alone for two minutes.

samantha14 08-04-2016 05:29 AM

Hi Apple!! I won't drink today either!! Pinky swear!

Thirteenth 08-04-2016 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6076744)
I'm glad it wasn't more serious Bobbie...

You're always welcome Thirteenth - I tend to think you'll get more sober time posting here regularly than not, but it's up to you :)

D

Agreed. Feel better Bobbie.

Thanks, Dee. I know you're right but phone posting doesn't work too well for me. Once back online traditionally I expect to be back regularly. In the meantime I will continue to keep up and keep trying.

Applekat 08-04-2016 05:47 AM

Youch Bobbie!!! Hope it heals quickly!

Hi Thirteenth. Never give up!!

Bobbieka 08-04-2016 06:13 AM

Morning! I'm okay. Just clumsy.

13th - good to see you.

Everyone else, good morning! It's going to take me a minute to figure out how to type.

Love you all!!

KiKi0615 08-04-2016 07:36 AM

Good morning everyone! Day 28.

This week has been so busy getting my kids ready to go back to school. Things really need to slow down! I'm exhausted but at least I don't have time to drink!

I've also been going to AA meetings nearly every day so that takes a lot of time but works wonders for me!

Kayak..I love that poem!

I hope everyone has a great day! Love u all!!!

CaseyW 08-04-2016 07:44 AM

Day 145. It was on this day last year that I decided to drink again. That won't be happening today. I don't drink anymore.

Off work. Headed out to do a bunch of errands right now, ending with a noon AA meeting. Hope everyone has a safe and sober day. If you haven't checked in lately, do so ASAP. Even if you've been drinking--no judgement here. Get in here, get accountable, figure out what you need to do different and do it. We're here to help.

Applekat 08-04-2016 07:52 AM

Happy 4 weeks Kiki!! We are lucky to have your bright personality here with us!!

Can't wait for tomorrow Casey. Just another day, I know...but one especially worth noting.

Spacegoat 08-04-2016 10:17 AM

The teenage ninja turtles have only 3 fingers if it's any consolation Bobbie! (sorry)

Bobbieka 08-04-2016 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Spacegoat (Post 6077500)
The teenage ninja turtles have only 3 fingers if it's any consolation Bobbie! (sorry)

It is. Thanks. Now I feel much better. lol

Spacegoat 08-04-2016 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbieka (Post 6077546)
It is. Thanks. Now I feel much better. lol

I'm glad :) You've said it before and I'l say it again. You need a goat…

http://cdn.modernfarmer.com/wp-conte...-goat-best.jpg

Bobbieka 08-04-2016 11:19 AM

Lol. That's awesome. Yes. I need a Goat.

Hey! Today is 60. Congratulations to us!!

Spacegoat 08-04-2016 11:42 AM

Congrats indeed! 'Grandma's getting frisky' is the standard bingo call for that. I can't relate to it, can't speak for you though (lol).

Well this is all I got for it, it's the closest thing here I can find easily as I am in a bit of a rush for my dinner and some other stuff :)

Just skip to like 4:04 for a little prelude and the come-up \o/

samantha14 08-04-2016 12:39 PM

Congrats on 60 Bobbie and Goat!! ����

On my way home from work and my AV is being a pest....not craving but just annoying thoughts. Passing the liquor store as I type this (no I'm not driving - the parking for my work is right next door - go figure) and saying a big F-U!! Tomorrow is my mid-year review at work and I can't imagine showing up for that after a night of drinking....so peach iced tea it is!!

fred59 08-04-2016 12:52 PM

Dave lives around the block from me, he is a very down to earth Rocker, good man.

CaseyW 08-04-2016 12:54 PM

Congrats on four weeks to KiKi and on 60 days to Bobbieka and the Goat. Keep on doing the next right thing, my friends!

fred59 08-04-2016 12:59 PM

stir crazy from divorce mediation, trying to get small projects done around the house before I leave.
My wife (a wonderful mother) is a tough negotiator and I am not! but the law is pretty clear cut in division of property.

Applekat 08-04-2016 01:03 PM

Congrats on 60, Bobbie and Goat! :c011: No small feat guys, so proud!

Hi Fred, thinking of you. It's super nice of you to comment that she is a wonderful mother. :)

CaseyW 08-04-2016 01:12 PM

Hang in there, Fred.