SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/394838-class-may-2016-support-thread-part-7-a.html)

Dee74 07-28-2016 02:54 PM

Congratulations Simplicity and Eagle :)

D

Simplicity4114 07-29-2016 03:13 AM

Camery- Best of luck today! :grouphug: We're all rooting for ya! Keep us posted.

Eagle-Super Congrats on 90 days, today!!! :You_Rock_

Dee74 07-29-2016 03:46 AM

best wishes from me too Camery :)
D

Eagle108 07-29-2016 06:35 AM

90 days today!!! Thanks to all on this Board and the Mayflies...amazing how far things have come and would certainly not have made it through these hard times without you :)

Congrats to Ben as well on 90 days today (assuming he is still going strong, which I'm sure he is) :You_Rock_

Best of luck on your interview coming up in a couple of hours Camery...you got this!!

Camery03 07-29-2016 07:56 AM

Ok guys! It's "go" time! I am ready ready! I got my theme song ready in my car for the ride and I am all set,
I will check in when I get back.................
Thanks for all the well wishes!!!

ben83 07-29-2016 09:06 AM

90 days today! blood tests on Wednesday fingers crossed guys.

ben83 07-29-2016 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Eagle108 (Post 6068027)
90 days today!!! Thanks to all on this Board and the Mayflies...amazing how far things have come and would certainly not have made it through these hard times without you :)

Congrats to Ben as well on 90 days today (assuming he is still going strong, which I'm sure he is) :You_Rock_

Best of luck on your interview coming up in a couple of hours Camery...you got this!!

Yep I'm still in the game congratulations eagle :c011:

CaseyW 07-29-2016 10:18 AM

Congrats on 90 days, Ben!

Camery03 07-29-2016 10:44 AM

whew! Interview madness over! I ROCKED it!!!!!! They will be making a decision next week, so fingers crossed everyone and thanks for the well wishes.
Happy Friday to all. Now to relax for a bit and then finishing touches on my shelving project I have been working on.

Simplicity4114 07-29-2016 12:41 PM

Wohoo Ben 90 Days! That's awesome! I was hoping you were "still in the game". I will be saying some prayers and wishing nothing but the best for Wednesday! Keep us posted...

Congrats Camery! Glad the interview went so well!

Dee74 07-29-2016 03:42 PM

Congrats to you too Ben - way to go Camery!! :)

Have a great weekend everyone :)
D

Eagle108 07-29-2016 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by ben83 (Post 6068206)
Yep I'm still in the game congratulations eagle :c011:

Awesome...would have won money betting on you for sure!!

Congrats Camery...great news!! Sparkling Ice to celebrate?? :)

Camery03 07-29-2016 06:56 PM

Thanks everyone! I either felt good about the interview, was just really relieved it was over, or needed a nap, but slept for like 4 hours.
Now having an ice cold Sparkling coconut pineapple water to celebrate!
Hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Flossyteacake 07-29-2016 11:06 PM

Camery - great news that you feel you did so well at interview. FC that your hard work pays off.
Ben, Simplicity - great work on milestones. I hit three months on the 3rd (the day after my birthday). Amazing how different life is, hey?

Not a lot to report here. I'm finishing up at work, finally. Six weeks is a long notice period. Next week is my last week. I'm really looking forwards to my new role and having some family-friendly working practices, rather than being expected to work whatever hours are needed (guess where I spent my Saturday ...). I have earned a meal out. Nope, scrub that, bad thinking. No need to reward myself for doing what needs to be done. The reward is less work to do next week at work and being able to finish up work on time for once. I would like to eat out; I'm tired and can't be bothered cooking. And it will be a nice way to spend time with the family. This changing your thinking takes work, hey?

Wow, I really am tired. That was a stream of consciousness, wasn't it? Oops. Happy Saturday, y'all.

Simplicity4114 07-30-2016 04:02 AM

FlossyTea-belated congrats on your 3 months of sobriety! Sounds like you deserve a night out! Make it happen!!!

Happy Saturday Friends! Busy day today! Grandchild #1 spent the night...taking him home around noon and picking up grandchild #2 on my way back to the house. Yikes, I feel old and very tired.

Camery03 07-30-2016 07:29 AM

Good morning everyone! Congrats to all celebrating some milestones out there!
I am feeling well rested after a long nap yesterday and a good nights sleep. I guess being interviewed by 10 people all at once takes a lot out of a girl!!! LOL.
Working on finishing touches on my shelving unit and then the decoration fun begins!!!! Sounds too exciting for a Saturday day and night, but it sure beats getting or being loaded and too hung over to do anything!!!!
Enjoying a strong cup of coffee on a beautiful morning. Life feels good for once.
Have a fabulous day friends!
Camery

Eagle108 07-30-2016 01:47 PM

Good afternoon all...been potty training my almost 3 year old all day and feeling exhausted!! At least I am present in the moment and not pounding them back to celebrate another weekend :)

Flossy - Sounds like a well earned dinner and night out :) Belated congrats on the milestone and the birthday as well!! Nice on your stream on consciousness as well...sounds like you are practicing being self-aware.

Simplicity - Great that you are getting to spend so much time with the grandkids....I'm sure it is a happy exhaustion that you are feeling (hopefully :))!! Either way, I'm sure your kids are very grateful to have you helping out...I know I wish we had grandparents close enough to do that on a more regular basis.

Camery - Sounds like you are in a great place in life and enjoying the fruits of sobriety. Glad you were able to get some rest and are enjoying your moment...well deserved!!

Flossyteacake 07-31-2016 04:26 AM

Ooops. Seems there was a much-needed 'will'' missed out from my last post! My birthday is on Tuesday. I'll hit three months the day after. :) But the early well wishes are appreciated. And I don't think I'm going to relapse in the next few days. ;)

Today has been spent kayak shopping. We did try out canoes, Simplicity, we just thought kayaks fitted our needs (and car!) a little better. One 2+1 kayak bought so far. Just trying to weigh up whether to buy a second double or just a single. Child 2 can fit in the double kayak, so it's just Child 1 to worry about now. That's next weekend's problem. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Simplicity4114 07-31-2016 05:31 AM

[QUOTE=Eagle108;6070106]Good afternoon all...been potty training my almost 3 year old all day and feeling exhausted!!
Simplicity - Great that you are getting to spend so much time with the grandkids....I'm sure it is a happy exhaustion that you are feeling (hopefully :))!!

It's a good exhaustion :) It's a.....I'm so in love with this little being and I can't believe there is a part of me in him, how does he move so fast, how could he possibly have reached that, melt my heart when he tells me he loves me.....kind of exhaustion. All worth it! We're potty training with him too. It's been a bit of a rodeo as he has zero interest.
The granddaughter is 8 months and her little personality is soooo big! She is a beauty like her mother (seriously she looks just like her twin) and seems to have my son's "class clown" attitude. Seriously, all you have to do is point a camera in her general direction and she's smiling. What a ham! Sorry rambling, gushing.....couldn't stop myself .

Originally Posted by Flossyteacake (Post 6070990)
Today has been spent kayak shopping. We did try out canoes, Simplicity, we just thought kayaks fitted our needs (and car!) .

Haha, canoes are not compact, that for sure! Hey whatever works for your family. It's so great to hear that you're getting out there, living life, spending time with the family, and building sober memories!

Not much on the schedule for today! Exercise, housecleaning...We're heading to ME for vaca this coming Saturday so lots of little things to do to prepare.....so excited! We haven't had a vaca since last March so this is some much needed time away for just the 2 of us!

Camery03 07-31-2016 08:37 AM

Happy Sunday Funday Mayflies!
Nothing too much on the agenda for today. Still putting finishing touches on my shelving project for a bit today, grocery shop, cook and clean this afternoon. Then relax. I was up and at it at 5am this morning so this gal is going to need a nap.
Hope you are all doing well..... it sure sounds like it with the posts I read.
Happy early birthday Flossy!!!!!