SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/394838-class-may-2016-support-thread-part-7-a.html)

Dee74 07-21-2016 07:24 PM

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 7

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-6-a-21.html

D

Dee74 07-21-2016 07:26 PM

Here's to a great sober weekend ahead guys :)
Have a good sober holiday Jo :)

D

joandmelandhan 07-22-2016 01:20 AM

Ooh a new thread. Thanks Dee!

ben83 07-22-2016 03:02 AM

Morning guys brand new fresh thread. Friday again. This not drinking game is starting to become very normal . almost can't imagine being drunk now. nearly 3 months still can't belive it.

Flossyteacake 07-22-2016 03:14 AM

Evening check in. I'm listening to Splendor in the Grass (a festival here) on the radio and waiting for some peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies to cook. Violent Soho are play, so I'm a very happy bunny just now. :) (VS are highly recommended. Covered in Chrome is an awesome song. Just needs a language warning.) Early night with my book beckons after this. Happy Friday, y'all.

CountryGal123 07-22-2016 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by ben83 (Post 6056234)
Morning guys brand new fresh thread. Friday again. This not drinking game is starting to become very normal . almost can't imagine being drunk now. nearly 3 months still can't belive it.

thats awesome, Ben- gives me something to look forward to :)

CountryGal123 07-22-2016 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Flossyteacake (Post 6056244)
Evening check in. I'm listening to Splendor in the Grass (a festival here) on the radio and waiting for some peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies to cook. Violent Soho are play, so I'm a very happy bunny just now. :) (VS are highly recommended. Covered in Chrome is an awesome song. Just needs a language warning.) Early night with my book beckons after this. Happy Friday, y'all.

sounds like a good day:)

Eagle108 07-22-2016 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by ben83 (Post 6056234)

Glad you are in what sounds like a great spot Ben...similar to where I am at 83 days in. Hard to believe certainly :scoregood

CaseyW 07-22-2016 07:41 AM

Congrats to all who are sober today. Day 132 for me. This really is a better way of life. For those of you struggling--hang in there and quit hitting that reset button. Give your body and mind and spirit a chance to fully heal. Wishing all of you the best today.

Camery03 07-22-2016 09:36 AM

Congrats to everyone! Happy Friday to all and hope you have a good weekend.
Good news today on the interview I had this week. The bank is moving to next steps and next week I will be meeting with the President and the Board of Directors! Good sign and I am hopeful for a good outcome!

joandmelandhan 07-22-2016 09:42 AM

That's brilliant news Camery!
Thank for the post CaseyW.
Ben and Eagle you're both amazing! :You_Rock_
I don't actually set off until Monday morning but got a lovely weekend planned packing and pampering lol!
Happy Friday night lovely gang! Jojo xxx

CountryGal123 07-22-2016 10:18 AM

Great news Camery!

Enjoy some well deserved pampering Jo!

dickensen 07-22-2016 10:58 AM

Casey, Congratulations for 132 days.

joandmelandhan 07-22-2016 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 (Post 6056821)
Great news Camery!

Thanks CG got a face pack on to smooth the wrinkles away lol xxx

Eagle108 07-22-2016 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 (Post 6056821)
Great news Camery!

x2 to both of CG's thoughts for Camery and Jo and also congrats on 132 days Casey...great start and a much better way of life.

I'm beginning to learn that consistent and predictable Eagle is a much more desired person to be around than spontaneously fun and drinking Eagle (insert annoying, self centered, and forgetful from Mrs. Eagle's perspective).

Hope all have a great sober weekend planned!!

CountryGal123 07-22-2016 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan (Post 6056952)
Thanks CG got a face pack on to smooth the wrinkles away lol xxx

I doubt that, but I'm sure it will feel awesome 👏❤️🤗 (jazz hands) tee hee

CountryGal123 07-22-2016 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Eagle108 (Post 6057040)
x2 to both of CG's thoughts for Camery and Jo and also congrats on 132 days Casey...great start and a much better way of life. I'm beginning to learn that consistent and predictable Eagle is a much more desired person to be around than spontaneously fun and drinking Eagle (insert annoying, self centered, and forgetful from Mrs. Eagle's perspective). Hope all have a great sober weekend planned!!

oh, my! Tough words to hear 😕

We ❤️ u, eagle - I always look forward to your words of wisdom here on SR- helps me a lot!!!

joandmelandhan 07-22-2016 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 (Post 6057061)
I doubt that, but I'm sure it will feel awesome 👏❤️🤗 (jazz hands) tee hee

Yeah! The jazz hands are back! Love you CG! xxx

CountryGal123 07-22-2016 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan (Post 6057303)
Yeah! The jazz hands are back! Love you CG! xxx

lmao!!

😜👏🎉

joandmelandhan 07-23-2016 12:13 AM

Good morning all!
Yes Eagle consistent and predictable and also dependable are in our home too now and it feels great. Being able to take my girls where they want, play games with them (ludo last night - vicious game!) and just being present is such a gift. Weird but I realise now how much I've missed them. Enjoying my girls is top of my gratitude list for sure.
Wishing you all a lovely weekend. The sun is shining here which is nice and will keep me cheery when I do all the washing and packing for my hols.
Starting to love sobriety or should I say LIVING!!!!!!

dickensen 07-23-2016 07:11 AM

Jo and Maylies,

There is a very good post in the April class, part 6, page 23, today by Kopfan on the benefits of sobriety (LIVING) that is worth reading.

joandmelandhan 07-23-2016 07:15 AM

Thanks I'll check it out

joandmelandhan 07-23-2016 07:21 AM

Dickensen it was lovely to read and I am starting to feel the same way (slowly). Love reading the positives it keeps me going thank you.

Eagle108 07-23-2016 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 (Post 6057062)
oh, my! Tough words to hear ��

We ❤️ u, eagle - I always look forward to your words of wisdom here on SR- helps me a lot!!!

The truth is sometimes hard to hear but what we need. Truth is I don't feel a ton different on the inside in sobriety but my actions towards my wife (me being more patient and consistent in my actions) and kids (more energy and time, being "present" when I'm around and not biding time until the evenings when I can drink) are what they care more about and not just my words. Sobriety really does allow us to become better versions of ourselves for the people around us, which is the most selfless thing I think we can do (and not just make it all about ourselves and our needs/good times).

Beautiful day here and hope you all are enjoying your weekends :)

Eagle108 07-23-2016 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by dickensen (Post 6058057)
Jo and Maylies,

There is a very good post in the April class, part 6, page 23, today by Kopfan on the benefits of sobriety (LIVING) that is worth reading.

Thanks for pointing towards that...great list and kind of similar to the "gratitude list" people discuss when we are feeling "restless, irritable, and discontented."

If one actually thinks before (s)he drinks and made a pros and cons list of what consistent drinking leads to in our lives, I know my pros list would be fairly short (and only contain "pros" for my self and maybe a few "drinking buddies") and my cons list very long.

Camery03 07-23-2016 11:53 AM

Hi everyone-
Had a bit of a scare last evening. I went to my cousins play in a very old theatre, which was packed on one of the most humid days and nights of the summer. Having not eaten much all day, and the fact that there was literally NO air in the small theatre, all of a sudden I found myself dizzy, my feet felt tingly, and I just couldn't get comfortable. Anyways, to make a long story short, I got up to get some cool air at intermission and fainted in the hallway. Spent a few hours in the ER getting hydrated, etc. Home and resting comfortably now after spending the night with my sister in law to make sure I didn't lose conscious.
I have a follow up with my doctor Monday to determine if it is anything more then just a mild case of heat stroke, anxiety, panic attack, etc.
Glad to hear you are all doing well!!!! I am glad to be home, in my cool comfy house, and will be staying in the rest of the day/weekend/summer! LOL
--Camery

ben83 07-23-2016 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Camery03 (Post 6058316)
Hi everyone-
Had a bit of a scare last evening. I went to my cousins play in a very old theatre, which was packed on one of the most humid days and nights of the summer. Having not eaten much all day, and the fact that there was literally NO air in the small theatre, all of a sudden I found myself dizzy, my feet felt tingly, and I just couldn't get comfortable. Anyways, to make a long story short, I got up to get some cool air at intermission and fainted in the hallway. Spent a few hours in the ER getting hydrated, etc. Home and resting comfortably now after spending the night with my sister in law to make sure I didn't lose conscious.
I have a follow up with my doctor Monday to determine if it is anything more then just a mild case of heat stroke, anxiety, panic attack, etc.
Glad to hear you are all doing well!!!! I am glad to be home, in my cool comfy house, and will be staying in the rest of the day/weekend/summer! LOL
--Camery

Sounds like a nightmare ! Glad your home safe in bed !

ben83 07-23-2016 02:28 PM

I have had a terrible night. I will share it with you because I found although it was not fun it has made me not want to drink especially round kids !

We had a nice day in the garden with the kids playing and my friend from work asked if we wanted to go round to his house he has a trampoline in hid garden and my son and his daughter are a similar age. We said on but my Mrs was worried it might end up being too late for our youngest son who has been awake since 6 am. ( at this point she has only had 3 pints of cider) we went round and more cider was flowing they kept making comments about me not drinking. "Your rubbish " they said then they opened a bottle of champagne and I put cherryade I my glass refused the champagne. "Go on they said just have 1 glass" I said no " god Ben 1 glass won't hurt" they said. then when They toasted the glasses alter all laughed and said " awww bless him" how annoying is that! ( coming from 3 people who know why I have given up alcohol) it didn't stop there. I at there for the rest of the night being made to feel like I was spoiling everyone else's night. But I can deal with that stuff they just wound me up. It was when my 2 year old son started crying at 9pm well.past his bed time that I suggested we go and put him to bed. Then again apparently I was spoiling everyone else's night. my Mrs who by this time could barely stand up straight had gone from being concerned at the beginning of the evening about the kids bed time to not giving a monkeys and suggesting he sleeps in his push chair. He is a very big lad and that's not fair on him. I was accused of being controlling by my Mrs in front of my work mates for telling her we needed to go and bearing in mind I was the only sober one there. They agreed with her and again I was spoiling everyone's night.. We got back and she put a half giant a pork pie on a plate poured tartar sauce all over it and muttered something under her breath at me and is now passed out star shaped on our bed. I am in the spare room. The most annoying thing about all this is in the morning she will properly be grumpy with me.

Anyway I didn't drink I got my kids home safe even if a bit late. And I saw from an interesting angle how alcohol affects your judgement when it comes to parenting. I will never get drunk when I'm looking after my kids ever again!

Sorry for the moan but it's been a tough evening but at the same time I'm glad I was there I DO NOT WANT TO BE THAT GUY!

Camery03 07-23-2016 02:32 PM

Thanks Ben! Yes, I am home safe and sound resting watching movies. Feeling much better!!!!

joandmelandhan 07-24-2016 01:00 AM

Ben you were an absolute star last night. Be super proud of yourself. Parenting sober is absolutely the best and only way.
Camery I'm so pleased you were taken care of. Remember to eat! Perhaps have an emergency cereal bar in your bag.....
Last day here before my hols. Girls were ace yesterday helping me pack.it'll be great driving down knowing I've been 2 weeks sober. Summer 2016 will be my turning point I pray. Happy Sunday guys!