SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of October 2014 Part 32 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/394074-class-october-2014-part-32-a.html)

Mark1014 07-11-2016 06:24 PM

You'll need a car in the south Suze. Public transit is not nearly as common here as in the more densely populated northeast. I may be able to provide more guidance when your plan gets more detailed. What an adventure you'll have! I love stuff like that!

SoberLeigh 07-11-2016 06:26 PM

The train system in the US is far inferior to the train service in Europe. It's pretty good along Interstate 95 (between Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, DC - I've used those). I've heard that it is decent from DC to cities south along I-95 although I haven't used those).

I wouldn't recommend bus travel, especially if you are traveling alone.

Briar 07-11-2016 07:14 PM

They just put in a train from San Francisco to where I am. I don't know the details as I've never taken it, but I'm sure it's cheaper than renting a car if you fly into SF.

I'm very glad the cat made it there intact. :) love you!

SoberLeigh 07-11-2016 07:31 PM

Goodnight, all.

See you tomorrow.

SoberLeigh 07-11-2016 07:32 PM

Hope that you are feeling okay, Dee, and that your Mum is still progressing well.

venuscat 07-11-2016 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Briar (Post 6040397)
They just put in a train from San Francisco to where I am. I don't know the details as I've never taken it, but I'm sure it's cheaper than renting a car if you fly into SF.

I'm very glad the cat made it there intact. :) love you!

Thank you again love ~ what a beautiful thing to do. Little Venus angel. ♥

Re the train from San Francisco? Perfect. :)

At this point, I am planning to be in California, based in San Fran for my last two weeks. So that should be around Oct 24th - Nov 7. Which means I will be there for our anniversary Briar. And I just realised that will be 2 years for me. Serendipitous.

Hopefully some of that time will suit you....I will work in with you. With all of you.

I know the approximate dates I will be everywhere now...almost. I am waiting on final confirmation from the friend I am meeting, and then I book. Boom!

I appreciate all of your help, and putting up with me yapping about this. :)

I am thinking of Dee as well....sending cyber love his way. ♥

:grouphug:

venuscat 07-11-2016 11:43 PM

Leigh ~ You do know how excited I am to meet you, right? All of you who want and are able to meet me....this means so so much to me. :) ♥

(And notice how you all have the perfect out in case the idea of meeting me makes you want to run screaming from the room....you can just be busy. ;)).

Mark1014 07-12-2016 04:40 AM

Good morning gang and happy Tuesday.

Suze, in addition to the social aspect of your trip are there any tourist type things that you have on your agenda to see/do in the regions you'll be?

How's the week treating you Arbor? .....160lbs .....that's lean! Maybe I need to chasing kids around.

How'd the trip go phoebe?

Hi to all the rest. :)

SoberLeigh 07-12-2016 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6040619)
Leigh ~ You do know how excited I am to meet you, right? All of you who want and are able to meet me....this means so so much to me. :) ♥

(And notice how you all have the perfect out in case the idea of meeting me makes you want to run screaming from the room....you can just be busy. ;)).

Busy?????? No way!!!!!!

SoberLeigh 07-12-2016 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mark1014 (Post 6040805)
Good morning gang and happy Tuesday.

Suze, in addition to the social aspect of your trip are there any tourist type things that you have on your agenda to see/do in the regions you'll be?

How's the week treating you Arbor? .....160lbs .....that's lean! Maybe I need to chasing kids around.

How'd the trip go phoebe?

Hi to all the rest. :)

160 lbs. is very lean, arbor - rock on. Grandkids keep you lean and early to bed, too!!!!!

SoberLeigh 07-12-2016 08:07 AM

Thinking of you, Dee.

SoberLeigh 07-12-2016 08:09 AM

Happy Tuesday/Wednesday, all.

Be back later.

Conquest 07-12-2016 12:19 PM

What a sweet and thoughtful gift, so precious!

Pokemon Go has kept us very busy during my usual down time. We went all over the neighborhood last night. I've gotta admit, I've regressed in age about 30 years since its release. Lol.

i hope everyone is doing well today! :grouphug:

Mark1014 07-12-2016 04:27 PM

I had to look up Pokemon go. Haven't quite got it all sorted but see how it could draw you in!

Suze, have you used Airbnb before? We've had some nice results with it of late and a good value as well. Something fun to consider and research maybe.

SoberLeigh 07-12-2016 09:10 PM

I've seen people (young and old and in-between) walking around playing Pokémon Go; can't say that I understand the game yet.

SoberLeigh 07-12-2016 09:11 PM

Goodnight, all.

See you tomorrow.

SoberLeigh 07-13-2016 09:40 AM

Happy Wednesday/Thursday, all.

Be back later.

Mark1014 07-13-2016 10:23 AM

Hi Leigh. Happy Wednesday to you too.

Gotta say that I'm glad to be at the half way point of this work week! Sometimes it seems if it can go wrong it will.....but being sober makes it all easier to juggle. :)

phoebe64 07-13-2016 03:01 PM

Hey there, gang! Been busy since getting back, doing laundry and getting groceries, etc... Was reading but last night I could barely keep my eyes open, so went to bed.

The reunion was great. It was challenging, but I survived. There were non-drinkers there. One cousin was hysterical, and I have not laughed so much in a very long time! We all really enjoyed his company!

Suze, your trip sounds exciting. Let me know details when you get to the east coast.

Kids are getting on my nerves. Not busy enough, especially dd. She is very good at lying on her back and playing on her phone. This Go Pokemon thing at least had them out walking the past two days!! I tried it a bit today, but we have exhausted the neighborhood, and have not ventured out anywhere exciting since getting the game.

Hot as heck today. I think for the next day or few too.

My tooth is still aching, but there has been improvement. I have antibiotics, but I am afraid I may end up needing a root canal. Terrified of that. Truly. Just trying to ignore that possibility for now.

SoberLeigh 07-13-2016 03:18 PM

Welcome back, phoebe; so nice to see you.

Glad that you enjoyed your time away.