SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of October 2014 Part 32 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/394074-class-october-2014-part-32-a.html)

SoberLeigh 07-08-2016 10:04 AM

Hi, Conquest; have a great day!

Arbor 07-08-2016 02:37 PM

So, I'm not sure if I've ever been sober for my birthday before. Maybe. Can't remember. Prolly why I'm thinking of drinking today or at some point in the random future.

Mark1014 07-08-2016 02:50 PM

Oh gosh Arbor. Glad I checked here before walking out the door for home.

Please don't follow through on those thoughts. Certain milestones are certainly a trigger. A sober birthday is a grand gift to yourself.

Gotta head out the door to pick up something for dinner on my way home. I hope you'll be around here some this evening. I'll be looking for your green dot. :)

Arbor 07-08-2016 03:29 PM

I'm good, Mark. Going to eat very shortly. ;)

Wife made a nice chocolate cake too.

SoberLeigh 07-08-2016 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Arbor (Post 6035750)
So, I'm not sure if I've ever been sober for my birthday before. Maybe. Can't remember. Prolly why I'm thinking of drinking today or at some point in the random future.

Dearest Arbor, a Very Happy Birthday to you.

I am so happy that you are in this world; treat yourself with the love and respect that we feel for you.

SoberLeigh 07-08-2016 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Arbor (Post 6035816)
I'm good, Mark. Going to eat very shortly. ;)

Wife made a nice chocolate cake too.

What a lovely wife!!!!

Mark1014 07-08-2016 04:04 PM

I'll join in on the happy birthday wishes for the lad!

Enjoy that cake and plan a little Arbor time if you can. I think it's so important to find time for ourselves....not to be selfish, but to recharge a bit, reflect, and then back to the family circus being the great dad you are. :)

Mark1014 07-08-2016 04:21 PM

Leigh,

I've just read a bit in the 24 and am struck again at your gift of encouragement both there and here for our Octsober team. It really is a gift. The way you elegantly share love and encouragement is most beautiful to me. So to borrow your words....

"I am so happy that you are in this world; treat yourself with the love and respect that we feel for you."

Dee74 07-08-2016 04:24 PM

Happy birthday Arbor :)

hope your tooth settles Phoebe - safe travels.

Safe travel to you too Mark.

Prayers for the victims of violence everywhere.

D

venuscat 07-08-2016 04:25 PM

https://s3.amazonaws.com/image.bling...5b4a0b92.gif?4

dearest Arbor!! :hug: ♥♥♥

Arbor 07-08-2016 05:19 PM

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. :)

The me time is virtually non existent. That me time is usually spent sleeping. I really hope as these kids get older that the both of us get some of that back again. Man, I should have had kids ten years ago!

What I do for myself is usually buy something. Lately, I've been into buying and flipping vintage basses and gear. I just picked up a '79 Wal, Dee. Know any buyers??!!!

venuscat 07-08-2016 05:21 PM

Arbor love ~ if Dee doesn't have any buyers, you should most definitely ask/mention it to Goat. :)

And sleep is good. Sleep is precious.
Love you Arbor. :hug: ♥

Arbor 07-08-2016 05:24 PM

Thanks sweet Suzanne. ;)

And how are you?

venuscat 07-08-2016 05:26 PM

The sun is out, there is no wind, and my door is open. I'm done hiding....back to life. Venus is plastered across my desktop. I miss her terribly, but making plans to come to the US is pretty exciting.

I have people I need to see. :)

Dee74 07-08-2016 05:27 PM

Sorry Arbor - not in the market myself and I don't know anyone who's looking at the moment :)

D

Mark1014 07-08-2016 05:46 PM

That's a nice hobby Arbor, and ties in nicely with your musical side. I do wish you had a chance for a bit more time for yourself but as a dad of three I know that the season you're in just doesn't allow much. I was 28 when my first was born and still a full time student and broke so I don't know that it was much easier at that age for me.

SoberLeigh 07-08-2016 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mark1014 (Post 6035886)
Leigh,

I've just read a bit in the 24 and am struck again at your gift of encouragement both there and here for our Octsober team. It really is a gift. The way you elegantly share love and encouragement is most beautiful to me. So to borrow your words....

"I am so happy that you are in this world; treat yourself with the love and respect that we feel for you."

I am reading through tears; thank you, Mark.

SoberLeigh 07-08-2016 06:34 PM

Heading off to sleep soon.

Have a great night/day, all.

See you tomorrow.

Conquest 07-08-2016 06:51 PM

Happy Birthday, Arbor!!! And I know from my last sober birthday, that it truly is an awesome gift to give yourself. It's even better the next day because you wake up refreshed and free. Enjoy that chocolate cake, an extra big piece. :)

Back home from a long sunset bike ride, just beautiful. Now my legs are like jello. It's a good thing that our new gym is opening soon. Lol
:grouphug:

Arbor 07-09-2016 06:07 AM

BOOM, Conquest! Jello legs!!