SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2013 Part 47 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/394033-class-march-2013-part-47-a.html)

Duffster 09-10-2016 03:13 PM

Congratulations, Trach!! That is fab news and I'm very happy for you.

DD, I love when you pop in and your words really touched my heart. I did think of you when I shared my news and hoped that it wouldn't make you nervous about your marriage. My husband & I never did premarital counseling and it was a huge mistake. We never learned how to communicate and we never discussed some big things that you need to discuss when entering a marriage. You and your fiancé are doing everything right and your love is very strong, I think we all sense that. You will both do great.

Also, I was told I would have fertility issues and it devastated me but look what happened...twice! You will be amazing parents however that comes to be - that will be one (or 2 or 3) lucky child.

Sass, I'm glad you're feeling better about your daughter's news. Of course she'll be fine, you raised her.

Hi Toots, Budd, Gilmer, We, Dee.

Dee74 09-10-2016 04:51 PM

Hi Duff! :wave:

D

Saskia 09-11-2016 03:51 AM

Thanks, Duff. I feel like I made so many mistakes but it's overdue for me to let that go!

Duffster 09-11-2016 05:24 AM

Oh Sass, we parents all make mistakes. I just had a vicious fight with soon to be ex in front of the kids. I am absolutely sick w guilt right now. But we're all only human.

Gilmer 09-11-2016 05:52 AM

((((Duff))))

Don't be disheartened. You and your "baby daddy" have agreed to work together toward peaceable co-parenting. There are bound to be a few stumbles at first, but you will get smoother and smoother.

You may worry that your big blowout has had a bad effect on the kids--but from this point on, blowouts are becoming isolated incidents. Overall you guys are definitely headed in the right direction.

Though it's true that constant fighting does affect kids, when parents turn from acrimony to kindness it makes an even deeper impact on them. It commands their respect, and they will be inspired to emulate you.

(That's not a "comfort lie"--that's my family's actual ESH). :)

Babs1234 09-11-2016 07:42 AM

wonderful new Trach
Babs

Duffster 09-11-2016 10:58 AM

Oh Gilmer ... your words! They touched me so much and I will probably keep referring to them over and over. Thank you, sweet friend.

Gilmer 09-11-2016 01:46 PM

(((Duff)))

Thank you. I'm very glad they encouraged you.

Saskia 09-12-2016 04:42 AM

Gilmer, I am in awe of how you and your family have grown :grouphug:

Gilmer 09-12-2016 04:44 AM

Thank you, Sass.

How is your daughter? Have you heard anything?

Gilmer 09-12-2016 04:54 AM

Good morning, Babs! I see you're online!

Babs1234 09-12-2016 04:56 AM

hi everyone !
going out of town today will be back tomorrow night.
Hugs to all of you !
Babs

Gilmer 09-12-2016 04:57 AM

Have fun!

Babs1234 09-12-2016 04:59 AM

hi there Gilmer ! ! ! How are you my friend?
busy trying to get caught up around the house before I take off.
It's Monday already where did the week=end go ?
Babs

Gilmer 09-12-2016 05:34 AM

My weekend was great: I saw Weird Al in concert last night!

He was totally fantastic! Such a blast!

Saskia 09-12-2016 01:21 PM

Gilmer, daughter is in black-out mode. I've seen this before so I'm working on letting go of it all. I let her know that I'm here if she needs me and will leave it up to her when she wants to be in touch. She'll be happier and I'll be less stressed now that I've worked my way through it. I can't change the past and she seems happier keeping me mostly at arm's length. Painful at times but I need to respect where she is.

Gilmer 09-12-2016 02:20 PM

I'm sorry, Sass. I'm glad you've been able to come to terms with it.

tootsl1 09-13-2016 12:19 AM

I'm sorry you are having a time of it Sass. I know you will deal with dignity and warmth, but I also know it hurts too. You are in my thoughts. X

Saskia 09-13-2016 06:00 AM

Thanks for the support!

It dawned on me this morning just how grateful I am for all the incredible people on SR and of course especially my Marchers. Although I wouldn't have wanted to become an alcoholic, my SR friends have added so very much to my life. Having all of you at my fingertips is wonderful. :grouphug:

Gilmer 09-13-2016 10:02 AM

You guys were a lifesaver to me last year when I was going through that horrible phase with my dad. :grouphug::