SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/393767-class-july-2016-support-thread-part-1-a.html)

Chickenlady06 07-03-2016 12:05 PM

Happy Sunday all!!! Day 5 for me. Baby and I are down with some sort of sinus sickness, which has cured me from wanting to drink for now because I feel like crap. That also means I can't enjoy all the sober plans I made for the weekend. I'm sort of stuck only doing the indoor portions of my plans, so cooking, cleaning, reading.

For all of thise struggling, know that a plan helps! I feel like my failure in the past is that I become complacent and abandon planning.
When I'm successful, I make my daily plan in list form, tasks I'm wanting to accomplish, things I want to read about, etc. It's very rewarding to tick them off the list and the know what is next for the day. I have a planner, and ust go hour by hour and often I plan tok much and have to roll stuff over. It's all about breaking habits, so usually I keep myself super busy between those magic hours of 5 and 9 when I would be drinking.

sugarangel 07-03-2016 02:46 PM

Hi everyone...
I would like to join the class if no one minds? I was in the May class for a bit, but I flunked out, if you know what I mean, and I haven't posted anything since.
My situation has improved, but getting sober for me has been, and still is, a long and miserable process. I'm doing a lot better, as I said, but I could still really use as much help and encouragement as I can get. And give back to others, too. I think being here would be a really good addition to my recovery plan.
Anyway, I hope to get to know all of you, and I have to say, just being back here makes me feel better. Just for today, I feel a little hope.
We can do this together!
Nice to meet you all.

Dee74 07-03-2016 03:19 PM

Welcome sugarangel!
Looking forward to hearing about your plan too :)

Happy 4th to all my American friends - let's all have a great sober week :)

sugarangel 07-03-2016 03:30 PM

Hi Dee. Thanks for the welcome. I will def. Fill everyone in on my rec. plan. Accountability is a must for me right now.

I am so glad to be back!

Chickenlady06 07-03-2016 03:32 PM

Welcome sugarangel, I also flunked out of May class, we keep coming back and that is a great thing!

ovrslov 07-03-2016 06:47 PM

Ok guys, well here is to the end of day 2! It has been a rough one, with it being the holiday weekend and all (I'm sure you all understand that!). However, I kept a gatorade nearby at all times, which helped curb the cravings somehow. Thank goodness! I have been sitting on my front porch watching the neighbor's fireworks. My little brother came over for a while and we got in the pool together. So it's been a nice distraction. Out of gatorade and the cravings are kicking back in. But I think I'll try using one of those water flavor packets, something to give me some kind of fruity/tangy taste! Also planning to do some housework until I finally get tired! I even started my recovery plan this afternoon! Very excited about that and having something I can refer to on a daily basis and when things start to get hard. Plan to keep adding to it, especially over this first week. :)

Ignite 07-03-2016 06:48 PM

Welcome Sugarangel! Look forward to hearing your plans for success too.
:c011:

sweetichick 07-03-2016 10:51 PM

I thought I'd join this class as I kind of flunked out a few times in my sobriety in June. Plus I'll have the chance to get to know all you lovely people. Today is day one again for me. I've had to face the fact that my boyfriend doesn't like me as a non-drinker. I'm a totally different person. Of course that meant that I needed a few drinks last night to get over him. Today is not much better in terms of the depression. I'd like to talk to others whose drinking has also left them pretty isolated. That way we could help each other over the rough patches. Nice to meet you all.

sweetichick 07-03-2016 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by bronzie (Post 6026846)
Well here I am. I want to be part of the July group. I messed up today. I got in a huge fight with the guy I have been seeing for the last 7 months. July 1 was my quit date and now it has to be July 3rd, which makes me sad. It also makes me sad, but also feel a sense of relief that I know I have to get him out of my life! He doesn't drink, but he is just wrong for me in so many ways. And then to have my mom be so cold to me after everything was just the salt on the wound. She sure knows how to kick someone when they are down. I know I have a drinking problem, but I am not a mean or bad person. I am surrounded by negative people and it just makes it so much harder to maintain my sobriety. I just want it to be me and my 2 sweet kids. I have friends who are supportive and kind, but nobody I can really talk to who would relate.so I'm back here and hoping this time it will stick.

Hey Bronzie, I can truly relate to you. I'm slowly ending it with a guy who is truly wrong for me as well. Its hard if you are surrounded by negative people. I am a natural nurturer and kept on getting preyed on by bad men. I also am experiencing relief that it is finally nearly over. :c011: Here's to sobriety for both of us.

theVman31 07-03-2016 11:50 PM

Not many going to know this (maybe thisTimePlease). enjoy :

"July please, im on my knees, the smell of your fresh cut grass
Your blue sky grins, for all its sins, look another gorgeous Levi ass..."

Easyrider 07-04-2016 02:33 AM

Time to start living. I have every opportunity to enjoy life but choose to drink instead. not any more.

Queen's I want to break free came on the radio yesterday when I was going to the shop for booze like a zombie. It really spoke to me...but didn't stop me. :(

I want to break free
I want to break free
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self satisfied, I don't need you
I've got to break free
God knows, God knows I want to break free

I've fallen in love
I've fallen in love for the first time
And this time I know it's for real
I've fallen in love yea
God knows, God knows I've fallen in love

It's strange but it's true, hey yea
I can't get over the way you love me like you do
But I have to be sure
When I walk out that door

Oh how I want to be free baby
Oh how I want to be free
Oh how I want to break free

But life still goes on
I can't get used to livin' without livin' without
Livin' without you by my side
I don't want to live alone, hey
God knows, got to make it on my own

So baby can't you see
I've got to break free
I've got to break free
I want to break free, yea

I want, I want, I want
I want to break free .

Easyrider 07-04-2016 03:06 AM

Think I'll be doing one of those plan thingies Dee always bangs on about. :)

Chickenlady06 07-04-2016 03:20 AM

Morning, happy 4th to all the americans around here. I originally wasn't going to do anything but my buddy invited me to her cousin's pool party, I'm going to take the kids and be armed with my la croix waters. There shouldn't be any booze there, since they have a close family member that is in recent recovery from substance abuse that will be there, so I feel confident in going. Plus the kids will just love it.
I often find that just having something cold and bubbly like my waters is enough to cure cravings especially in social situations.

Dee74 07-04-2016 03:50 AM

Welcome sweetichick and easyrider :)

D

Jojay 07-04-2016 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by sweetichick (Post 6028340)
I thought I'd join this class as I kind of flunked out a few times in my sobriety in June. Plus I'll have the chance to get to know all you lovely people. Today is day one again for me. I've had to face the fact that my boyfriend doesn't like me as a non-drinker. I'm a totally different person. Of course that meant that I needed a few drinks last night to get over him. Today is not much better in terms of the depression. I'd like to talk to others whose drinking has also left them pretty isolated. That way we could help each other over the rough patches. Nice to meet you all.

Hi there.In my case,as I drank at home mainly,drinking was isolating me.I drank for 15years,10yrs very heavily.I was much in demand as a drinking buddy during the 1st few years.It happens.Get sober for youself.SR will support you.

janeeb 07-04-2016 05:26 AM

Good morning all, can I please join this one, I think my third attempt but what matters is never giving up giving up right ???

I figured that instead of trying to diet and lose weight and do this I'd focus on one thing at a time so.. here goes... I'm on Day 0 but don't intend to drink for the next 24 hours.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!!! x

Easyrider 07-04-2016 05:28 AM

Hi janeeb, that's what I'm doing, one thing at a time. The most important thing first!

janeeb 07-04-2016 05:33 AM

It's odd when going home and drinking is the easy option isn't it, I'm not sure how to behave without it and I know I have a few rubbish sleepless nights ahead of me but determined this time and determined to ask for help here before succumbing to it as I have in the past !!!

Easyrider 07-04-2016 06:10 AM

Yeah good thing to remember, whenever I've relapsed I haven't sought help here first.

janeeb 07-04-2016 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Easyrider (Post 6028686)
Yeah good thing to remember, whenever I've relapsed I haven't sought help here first.

- Yep, me too I will post a 'help' thread before I take a drink, I'm promising myself this!!!!