SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Part 18 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/392212-class-march-2016-part-18-a.html)

Spacegoat 06-07-2016 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbieka (Post 5988258)
Btw, goat, isn't it like 5:00 am there?

After 7am when you posted. Headed off to a workshop then, but yeah I agree. A long day here.

Thank you Jemma, Kiki, MITA and others. I have a therapy session tomorrow, I will raise it then

samantha14 06-07-2016 12:54 PM

Checking in on my way home from work. I am feeling pretty depressed but still sober.

Applekat 06-07-2016 01:38 PM

Good plan Spacegoat, will be thinking of you.

Sam, any uplifting plans for the evening? Sober is a great start. :)

Anyone start Drinking: A Love Story?

MITA I understand not wanting to necessarily read recovery related stuff. It is one of my personal sober tools. Had you read any on the book list you posted? Have you read Me Before You? The movie just came out in theaters! :)

Bobbieka 06-07-2016 01:42 PM

Is Drinking: A Love Story the assigned reading? If so, I'll get it on my nook this evening.

Applekat 06-07-2016 02:03 PM

Doesn't have to be but it's as good a place as any to start! It was on a top ten addiction related memoir list I just read recently!

Let's abbreviate it - DALS or something lol I'm tired of typing it out every time already.

LillianGish 06-07-2016 02:47 PM

A quick drive-by. This week is at 80 miles per hour speed!

Checking in sober, safe and stressed. Work plus graduation activities = not enough time in the day for this busy executive of a company. I just had a co-worker melt down on me saying I hurt her feelings because I was too direct. :(

I feel bad about that. Definitely not my nature. So....a sign I am out of balance and need to slow the heck down. Breath in, breath out.

DALS sounds like a great abbreviation for that book Applekat! I'm going to start it Monday.

Sam, I'm sorry you're down. :grouphug:

CaseyW 06-07-2016 02:48 PM

I probably won't start it for a week or so because I've got a bunch of books going right now but I'm definitely down for a re-read.

samantha14 06-07-2016 03:50 PM

That book sounds great....I will have to look for it as well. Right now I am reading "Blackout - remembering the things I drank to forget" which is actually pretty good.

Sorry I haven't caught up with everyone yet. I can't explain what I am feeling. I tried to explain it to my husband tonight but couldn't find the words....just tears :(
Maybe still the dream from last night....I don't know. I am grateful that I am off tomorrow but also a little frightened by my state of mind.

KiKi0615 06-07-2016 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbieka (Post 5988844)
71 days, Kiki? Praying for you to keep your sanity. Thanks for the great post and the meditation. :You_Rock_

Yep! Today is the FIRST day of summer break and I'm already counting down! Haha. Not that I don't love my kids...I just think they do better on a schedule. (And so do I!!!)

KiKi0615 06-07-2016 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by CaseyW (Post 5988877)
Leave it to our stupid addiction to think that the proper way to celebrate not drinking is by drinking.

I know right? Crazy!

KiKi0615 06-07-2016 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Applekat (Post 5988888)
Thanks y'all! Kiki this will be my first summer home with all three little kiddos. (Edited to say - baby was born last summer and I was recovering from hospital stays and we had help for some of the day!) I bet I'll start a countdown too. I love my time with them but it gets chaotic and I try to keep some structure but you know...lasts for a little bit. I've already got plans for them. Theme of the summer is independence. We will be working on a few tasks haha. The best intentions...

Sounds like a plan Apple! How old are they?

KiKi0615 06-07-2016 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by fred59 (Post 5988935)
just a quick check in I have to keep moving or anxiety sets in have a great and sober day

I hope you had a good day Fred. I have struggled with anxiety my entire life. It's hard.

KiKi0615 06-07-2016 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Spacegoat (Post 5989010)
After 7am when you posted. Headed off to a workshop then, but yeah I agree. A long day here. Thank you Jemma, Kiki, MITA and others. I have a therapy session tomorrow, I will raise it then

How was therapy Space?

KiKi0615 06-07-2016 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by samantha14 (Post 5989084)
Checking in on my way home from work. I am feeling pretty depressed but still sober.

Awww....man! Are you feeling any better Sam?

KiKi0615 06-07-2016 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by LillianGish (Post 5989259)
A quick drive-by. This week is at 80 miles per hour speed! Checking in sober, safe and stressed. Work plus graduation activities = not enough time in the day for this busy executive of a company. I just had a co-worker melt down on me saying I hurt her feelings because I was too direct. :( I feel bad about that. Definitely not my nature. So....a sign I am out of balance and need to slow the heck down. Breath in, breath out. DALS sounds like a great abbreviation for that book Applekat! I'm going to start it Monday. Sam, I'm sorry you're down. :grouphug:

Yes LillianGish! Slow down!!! Don't let yourself get too stressed! ;-)

CaseyW 06-07-2016 06:36 PM

Hope everyone is doing OK tonight. I'm home. I've become obsessed with this stupid logic puzzle app on my tablet today, so I'm heading back to that now. Would love to hear from anyone else. Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what.

Applekat 06-07-2016 06:38 PM

What's the app? We love puzzles in this house.

I'm around.

Am I
A. Taking a bubble bath with a book
B. Eating ice cream in bed
C. Trying to get a child to sleep.

Purplrks3647 06-07-2016 06:55 PM

Hello Friends :)

I'm look forward to reading "DALS" - Looks like it's got my name written all over it!

Been feeling the "bleh" lately but I also haven't exercised in a few days, so, whose fault is that, right??? Makes me think of a quote that goes "If you're always up, then you're high on something." Or something like that...

Hope everyone is doing okay! So glad you all are here. I'm super tired & babbling so I'll shut up for now. :)

CaseyW 06-07-2016 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Applekat (Post 5989596)
What's the app? We love puzzles in this house.

I'm around.

Am I
A. Taking a bubble bath with a book
B. Eating ice cream in bed
C. Trying to get a child to sleep.

C!!!!! I pick C! What do I win?

The app is called "Real Einstein's Riddles." The upper levels on it are insanely difficult but all solvable with a whole lot of patience and logic.

I'm done with it for now though. Putting on an episode of Angel and then probably going to hit the bath (no bubbles, I'm a real man) with a book myself.

Bobbieka 06-07-2016 07:18 PM

Apple- I vote C because of the odds.

Going to sleep soon. Cut my lawn tonight, Fabela was right, I need a goat. I'm tired.

Have sweet dreams, March friends!