SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/387826-class-march-2016-support-thread-part-6-a.html)

Dee74 04-02-2016 02:47 AM

Don't stop Kayak - or get a Gatorade or something from a store before you leave work.

D

Kayak63sc 04-02-2016 03:09 AM

I made it home had a lot of water first time I've made it home and over year without drinking a few Hard Lemonades

I don't have to go inside and hide anything and I don't have to go inside and take a three hour nap to sober up :) Wi-Fi already asked if I was going back to the store today and I said absolutely not. I will not leave the safety of my house today.

Enough about me I hope everybody else is having a great sober weekend.

Gotta mow my yard two or three times today :-)

Thank you. D

forabetterlife 04-02-2016 03:20 AM

Good morning everyone. Day 6 for me.
Glad you are back immri, we are here for you.
Welcome Camryn :)
Kiki, hope you have a great day filled with kids sports, I remember (and miss) those days.
Itsjustme, I am also dieting but not a strict diet, Weight Watchers, so I could drink -moderately- but I can’t drink moderately, soooo drinking means I basically am off my diet. Like you, I really want to lose weight and its’ impossible when I drink. Losing weight is another motivator for me not to drink, BUT hunger is probably my biggest trigger, so it’s a balance, and I just keep telling myself that staying sober has to come first.
Clearheaded, that’s funny, I read To Kill a Mockingbird for the first time a few years ago and asked myself the same question. Loved it though.
Kayak, so glad you made it home without stopping! I know that feeling. You will wake up so relieved tomorrow.

I have a list of about 15 books I really want to read. I have free samples of them on my nook. They are mostly relatively new (and recovery related) so the library probably isn’t an option. Anyway, I tell myself I can’t spend the $11 on myself now – money is super tight right now and my girls have so much going on (prom, vacations, field trips) that I have to be diligent. But I bought lost night. Trying not to feel guilty and remind myself that it’s the cost of the bottle of the bottle of wine I didn’t’ drink this week (and it wouldn’t be just one anyway!). Funny, how I deliberate over spending money on a book but not so much on alcohol…..duh.

Time to start my busy day. Hope everyone has a great sober Saturday. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this group ? :)

forabetterlife 04-02-2016 03:22 AM

So many typos above, can you tell I'm in a rush? Sorry, didn't proofread.

beerbgone 04-02-2016 03:37 AM

forabetterlife I'm the same (or was) about worrying about expenses. Pinching pennies everywhere. Except for beer!!!

immri 04-02-2016 04:17 AM

Still here reading as many posts as I can - SR is so great. I'm feeling a bit better, my hearts going a bit fast and my reaction is to automatically want to drink but I know the hospital gave me the all clear so I really don't need to, it's just my av talking.

Dee74 04-02-2016 04:24 AM

I'm glad you're holding the line Immri :)

D

JustQuit2016 04-02-2016 04:24 AM

Still here too, read a lot but don't post a lot.

Day 17.

Have a great day everyone.

KiKi0615 04-02-2016 04:28 AM

Hi guys,

Just checking in (day 10) before my crazy day begins. Our kids have sports all day. I'm so tired. Insomnia was horrid last night. :-(

Immri-hang in there! Don't drink today, ok? Like Casey said...its poison to us. I'm praying for you!

Kayak-I'm so glad you didn't drink! I know how hard it is in the beginning but we can do it & each day we do it will get easier.

Everyone else...thinking of you!!! Xo

Ladybug2 04-02-2016 05:40 AM

Good morning all!

Day 3 and it is pouring rain here. Weather is supposed to be horrible all weekend so it looks like we will be stuck inside - not good. My daughter has a birthday party today at 4pm, so that will take up most of the evening, which will keep my AV away.

Glad you are back immri, stick close to us and remember to just think the drink through.

Welcome to our class, Camryn. Glad you joined us :)

Kiki, sorry you didn't sleep well, but lack of sleep is still 100 times better then drunken sleep and a hangover, right? Have fun today with your kiddos.

Kayak, great job not stopping last night for booze and staying sober. I bet you are so happy about that this morning? :)

Hi FABL, let's make it through today together, ok?

Hope everyone has a really good Saturday. So glad we are all here to support each other :grouphug:

beerbgone 04-02-2016 06:00 AM

For some reason I have the shakes this morning. This is the 4th day after my two week bender and I thought I was through with withdrawal! Guess not.

ManInTheArena 04-02-2016 06:03 AM

Hi Gang!

Wow - lots of great stuff here. At the moment, it's hard for me to keep up with everyone during the week. I pop onto the thread and read a few posts and try and hit the "thanks" button - sometimes just a minute or two is all I can squeeze in.

The weather around here is supposed to be pretty junky this weekend, so I hope to catch up a bit more with everything going on with our class.

Welcome to all newcomers!

Immri, glad you are still here. Kayak, way to skip stopping at the store - I have not had to mow my lawn once yet this year, but I've done a few other odd things to keep from drinking. ForABetterLife, you better watch those typos - the SR Grammar police are everywhere!!

According to my handy sober day counter app, I have made it through 36 days (yes, I actually stopped drinking in Feb., but boy am I glad I waited until March to join this class!). The last few days have been glorious. It is a real positive feeling, and most of the time I have no desire to drink. My life at home, at work, with my friends and other family is as good as it has ever been.

I've gotten to this point a few times in some of my other attempts at sobriety, so I know it can be a fleeting mind-set, and I am trying to be vigilant. If it were easy, and this disease not so darn persistent and tricky I'd have stayed sober a long time ago!

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

Surrender2win 04-02-2016 06:18 AM

Good morning all. Quick check-in for me as I have a pretty busy day ahead. Weather is COLD this morning and even a little snow on the deck. Ugh!! It's spring and my flowers are coming up. Hope they make it.

AV kicked in last night out of the blue... I always have sparkling water on hand and that seemed to take care of it pretty fast (along with the chocolate chunk ice cream I found later). Haha... there goes my diet this weekend. Oh well... at least I'm sober.

I'm off to start my day. Hope you all have a safe and sober Saturday. Hugs to all! :grouphug:

Pelagic263 04-02-2016 06:20 AM

Good to hear so many of us are hanging in there. It can be done. Happy sober weekend to all! I woke up this morning and almost my first thought was, I hope we all did OK last night.

immri, stay close. Just one day at a time is the main thing and you can do it.

Kiki, about two weeks in my sleep started to settle down. Try some herbal tea and try not to worry about insomnia. You'll probably sleep all the better tonight. And if not it's still better than drinking.

Camryn, welcome. SR and the March class has made a HUGE difference for me this time. It can for you as well.

We went out with friends last night and even though I was surrounded by drinks I didn't really want one. It was water with lemon for me. I actually felt pretty calm about it. I could tell some of them were looking at me as if to say, "What's up with that?!? Did he really quit??" But I just felt GOOD so I didn't care.

I get a little more confident about sobriety with every passing day. I do believe it will stick this time. Make it stick, people. Have a great weekend one and all.

samantha14 04-02-2016 06:24 AM

Just a quick check in before I head off to a meeting this morning. It's day nine and every day that I don't drink I feel better and better. I try to remind myself of that whenever the "urge" strikes.

Today is a busy one - having the kids and their partners over for dinner tonight (will be the first dinner in quite a while when I didn't have a drink in my hand) and I am hoping to make it to the market this afternoon - this is a favorite activity of mine that I usually missed out on because on Saturday mornings I was typically in bed sleeping it off (but like I said, feeling better and better)

I will catch up this afternoon with everyone :)

Keets 04-02-2016 07:39 AM

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone also has an easy drink free day. I'm still here even after surgery. Working on day 7'now I think? My body decided it was going to have a fibromyalgia flar up,as well. Lol ignore the misspelling and commas my meds make me sleepy and about every 3rd word I type I find myself asleep lol.
I trying my best with all the pain , I go see my counseler today as well as take my daughter to a birthday party. Tons more to do to even have the time to drink (except water) also got my Pandora playing my happy music. Got lots to keep busy. I'm not allowed to drive for 2-3 weeks while I'm healing up and would never ask anyone to be me booze lol so I hope these days pass quickly and can keep chugging along as I'm doing now. We also have family karaoke night planned with the kids so for once I might be able to follow along with the words and have fun. The hat means frozen and titanic songs by my kids hahah.

Renew12 04-02-2016 08:57 AM

I liked drinking when it was voluntary, not when it became mandatory.
This really stood out to me.

Good morning Marchers,
On middle pg2. catching up. I like simple messages like this. Well, um, its cause I can remember them easier. :lmao

Fabela 04-02-2016 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Renew12 (Post 5883504)
This really stood out to me.

Good morning Marchers,
On middle pg2. catching up. I like simple messages like this. Well, um, its cause I can remember them easier. :lmao

I can SO relate! :D

whatalaska 04-02-2016 09:01 AM

Day 11 and struggling. I feel so down. I can never make past 16 days.

:(

Renew12 04-02-2016 09:15 AM

it's ok if I overate, skipped exercise, was in a grumpy mood, didn't get much done....as long as I didn't drink. For all the other stuff, tomorrow is a new day and I can turn it around with a clear head, but if I drank, it's a whole different story.
Speaking of dieting, with my binge last weekend and then puling it back together this week, I pretty much ate terribly this past week. So today, I'm getting back on track with tracking my food and exercising more. The guilt over going off a diet doesn't even compare to the guilt after drinking.
And this.:wink: