SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/387259-class-march-2016-support-thread-part-4-a.html)

immri 03-22-2016 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 (Post 5865497)
I totally relate to this ^^^. It's overwhelming trying to catch up AND stay sober. I've learned to just focus on staying sober & if that's all I accomplish for the day then so be it!

Exactly!! thank you for that reminder too, I needed that, trying to do everything all at once is indeed overwhelming. Staying sober is #1 you're right.

Dee74 03-22-2016 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by tumbleweedgirl (Post 5865325)
I've looked through the guidelines and stickies, but just wanted to make sure to not trigger anyone - are there any guidelines against posting about being drunk and asking for advice on these threads? Sorry for the question :(

Hi Tumbleweed girl - as long as you're not obnoxious or blatantly breaking rules (which are mostly about being obnoxious anyway) we welcome people who are still drinking, and who want to stop...thats why SR is here.

I think people are tougher than we give them credit for sometimes. If anyone felt triggered they block your posts, or log off, or they could PM me anytime - but noone has.

I don't think you've been obnoxious either :)

Apologies for a late reply but it's been a *really* busy day on the boards.

KiKi0615 03-22-2016 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 5865503)
Hi Tumbleweed girl - as long as you're not obnoxious or blatantly breaking rules (which are mostly about being obnoxious anyway) we welcome people who are still drinking, and who want to stop...thats why SR is here. I think people are tougher than we give them credit for sometimes. If anyone felt triggered they block your posts, or log off, or they could PM me anytime - but noone has. I don't think you've been obnoxious either :) Apologies for a late reply but it's been a *really* busy day on the boards.

I agree with Dee. I don't think you have done ANY thing wrong. We are all here helping...not judging. Please check in tomorrow. :-)

ItsJustMe89 03-22-2016 09:48 PM

I got through day 3 today. Doing fine with staying sober so far but I have had a lot of stress at work lately and small resentments toward my roommate. Just little things that are starting to bug me. I'm just getting angry, frustrated, worked up, defensive, stressed out, and worried about little things. Some of it is legitimate but sure a lot of it is small and not worth it. And I have no idea how to handle situations, my reactions, or my emotions. I'm starting to feel a bit crazy.

CheckMyself 03-22-2016 09:57 PM

I'm going to CheckMyself in for closing out day 5.
I have the day off tomorrow and I'm bored. A week ago that would be a recipe for disaster. Luckily it isn't a week ago. If it weren't for reading all of your posts daily then I would be having a lot harder of a time tonight. I'm reading the posts and writing this while I wait for the beer store to close. It's sort of disgusting how bad I want a bottle of poisonous yeast waste.
8 minutes left. 7 minutes left. I hope everyone had a good day today. 6. 5. The store is probably closed now anyways. I will stop being so dramatic, I don't know what's getting into me. Goodnight everyone.

CaseyW 03-22-2016 10:04 PM

I've done that countdown before, CheckMyself. Many many times. Congrats on getting thru it. You did great.

PeacefulRain 03-22-2016 10:10 PM

Closing out day 17. Thankfulky my AV left me alone today, not that she would have gotten far anyway. I hope everyone had a great day! I am off to bed, good night all!

immri 03-22-2016 10:11 PM

ItsJustMe - good job on day 3, my reactions are a bit extreme too at the minute, from memory it does even out with a bit more sober time but man these early days are hard, i think as long as we try and think it all through before we 'react' we'll be doing the best we can

checkmyself - I do that exact countdown too! I'm glad you made it past that

Lance40 03-22-2016 11:15 PM

Closing out Day 3. It was a good day. I think I'm in one of the last time zones to finish out the day besides Alaska, Hawaii and some other islands in the Pacific; so wherever you fellow Marchers are I hope you are having a good night or a great day. See you on the flip side.

ArgentOfSilvae 03-23-2016 12:28 AM

Welcome Jack, Tumbleweed.

I often spent many a drunken night in the boards reading and thinking look these guys can do it. So feel free to be here tumbleweed, it would be better for you to be sober though.

From my pov you can't hurt my sobriety, only I can.

Morning all, up early to try get into work early and crack on with some of my colleagues work.

See y'all this aft

AoS

Stiltskin 03-23-2016 12:42 AM

Hi everyone....Start of day 5 for me. Though I'm over the worst of the withdrawal I have a constant background shakiness in my muscles and a strange pressure in my head which is very disconcerting.

I'm also exteremely irritable and found myself on the phone to the bank yesterday (which can be testing at the best of times) shouting and the poor guy about how inefficient he was....Oops.

Coming on here, reading and sharing is helping loads. Still intending on going to my first AA on Friday, which is scary but I'm positive about the future.

Thanks for the shares everyone, they really help us all.

immri 03-23-2016 12:59 AM

Welcome Stiltskin! glad you're here :)

Fabela 03-23-2016 01:08 AM

I woke up in a good mood, proud of reaching day 8, and then I responded to another thread. It involved a bit of soul searching and now I'm crying. Go figure.

Paix Amour 03-23-2016 01:09 AM

Hi March class

Keep it up.....amazing class!:grouphug:

Paix Amour 03-23-2016 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 (Post 5865384)
Just popping on to say Goodnight. It hasn't been a great night. Just feeling sad (about not being able to get this right) and moody. I was so impatient with my 6 yo tonight and I feel bad. I am tired and frustrated and just want to start a new day. On a positive note, I am going to bed sober. I had a few triggers tonight, but no cravings. Hopefully my AV has killed itself ... lol wishful thinking huh ;)

Talk to you in the morning. Thank you to everyone for being here and for your support. I just wrote in my journal that I am thankful today for SR :)

Hello dearest ladybug, thinking of you (from February class - remember), youre doing so well. Coco x

SilentCinemaFan 03-23-2016 02:55 AM

I can't sleep tonight. I will say I have been productive throughout the day today. I have lucked out and been given a nice 7 days off or what you would call a vacation. I have decided to use this week to recover from alcohol, eat healthy, exercise and spend time with my pets. I have also been doing stress relief activities such as playing with Brookstone Sand I received as a late gift from a friend.(I like to dig my hands into it and shape it however I want on my desk) I have set up simple reachable health goals and have tried to stay well rested. Tonight I'm having trouble sleeping but I hope to have better rest later on in the week. I've considered visiting a museum at some point during the week so we'll see. I set up a wellness journal for myself so that I can remind myself to stay focused and work towards goals. I'm happy to share I got into UCLA graduate school in the fall so I'm hoping if I start the healing process now, I'll be ready to tackle this wonderful opportunity to get a Masters Degree. I hope to try and frequent these forums more often although sometimes I tend to disappear for a period of time and return again. I am glad to meet everyone in this class and hope to get to know some of you on here. Have a great day!

JustQuit2016 03-23-2016 02:56 AM

I can't keep up with all the posts, so I'm going to sound very self indulgent until I get to remember everyone and read through properly.

1 week today, feeling so damn good that I'm a bit emotional about wasted time. I have sworn for years that I have insomnia. I don't. I just didn't know how to go to bed on time and wake up at a reasonable hour. Alcohol ruined my body clock. It was self inflicted insomnia. I've wasted years just dragging myself around from place to place and feeling like I've been hit by a bus.

I'm so grateful to be here.

X

Dee74 03-23-2016 03:09 AM

Welcome back SCF :)

Things will get better JQ, I promise :)

D

Kwhite 03-23-2016 03:16 AM

6:15am - Good Morning, such a busy day which is a very good thing. My hubby has a doctors appt. this am for his upcoming surgery and I have pain management today. I plan on talking to my doctor today and I am sure he will be proud of me for many reasons. I don't think I can put in any applications today but I am certainty going to try. I really need a call or two since this is a lot of my stress. Now that I am past the physical withdraw part of my recovery I need to work.

I hope everyone has a productive day and remember do one thing nice for yourself today even if it's a walk.

janeeb 03-23-2016 03:23 AM

Day 1 done ...

Phew, watched Netflix and kept busy did get some sleep so feeling good today it's the days when I let my guard down I suffer worst so will focus on here later when the cravings kick in ! Have a great day everyone !!!!👍👍👍