SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/386614-class-march-2016-support-thread-part-2-a.html)

Sumi 03-13-2016 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Missy7 (Post 5849548)
Finishing day 14...I had some challenges today, but I soldiered through. Sober Monday 2x in a row!

Fabulous:)

5upersonic 03-14-2016 12:13 AM

Back into double figures today. Hope everyone has a good day. :)

Sumi 03-14-2016 12:41 AM

Just sharing my go to song when I need to kick my own butt :)
Nickelback: what are you waiting for

lein 03-14-2016 12:42 AM

Day 6
Good moaning everyone. Well done to everyone not drinking.
Keets and Kiki, even if you drank one day, think of all the days you could have drank but didn't! I know its about the "I thought I was going to beat it this time , but didn't" But its just a hiccup, you still WANT to stop drinking thats the important thing. You need to keep strong, and beating yourselves up will just weaken you.
You're still alive, you're still in one piece, you still have the will to fight
Onwards and upwards everyone!

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Keets (Post 5849513)
I guess don't count me in now. Do I,start back,up,in April? Had my wolf day every. No longer 14 days. So,berry disappointed in myself .

Hi Keets,

You don't have to start in April. Stay right here with us in March. (((Hug))) I'm only on day 2. We can do this together. I'll be around here on and off all day if you need support.

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain (Post 5849525)
Ending day 8. I've read 3 book in 4 days, I was slightly obsessed with this story line. It kept me busy though! Tomorrow might be a rough day. It is the 1 month anniversary of my moms death. I'll be going back to the cemetery for the 1st time since her funeral. I'm really not sure what to expect or if the AV is going to try and kick it up a notch. Probably, freakin hag! She won't win though! I am not going back! Good night all. This time change has me all messed up. I'm positive it's only purpose is to screw with moms and their children!

I'm so sorry about your mom. She is watching over you now & probably so very proud of how hard you are working to change your life. Lean on us. I will be thinking about you!

today. The

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Missy7 (Post 5849548)
Finishing day 14...I had some challenges today, but I soldiered through. Sober Monday 2x in a row!

Keep going Missy! You are doing great!!! :-)

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sumi (Post 5849551)
Good morning all! I'm starting day 5, having my therapy session today, got my action plan done yesterday, feeling ok. Congrats to all who stayed strong another day! Big hug to those who are starting at day 1 today! :)

I love how positive you are Sumi. It brightens my spirits. :-)

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by 5upersonic (Post 5849566)
Back into double figures today. Hope everyone has a good day. :)

Woohoo!!! Great job!

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by lein (Post 5849577)
Day 6 Good moaning everyone. Well done to everyone not drinking. Keets and Kiki, even if you drank one day, think of all the days you could have drank but didn't! I know its about the "I thought I was going to beat it this time , but didn't" But its just a hiccup, you still WANT to stop drinking thats the important thing. You need to keep strong, and beating yourselves up will just weaken you. You're still alive, you're still in one piece, you still have the will to fight Onwards and upwards everyone!

I love this!!! Thank you lein!

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 05:00 AM

Today is day 2 AGAIN! I get so tired of climbing part way up the mountain only to fall down the & start all over again. I will not fall down the mountain today.

I am going to stick very close to SR today! The biggest thing I need to do is not think!!! My brain just doesn't shut off sometimes. Ugh.

Today I will try my hardest not to think & stay in the moment. I will stay sober for the next 24 hours. I will EAT healthy meals. I will try to get some exercise. I will take a nap if I need to. I will try to be kind to myself. I will be grateful.

Have a great day!

LostLilly 03-14-2016 05:18 AM

Thank you Kiki, Chickchick, and Keets! I know my drinking did hurt them and it will take time to repair and regain trust. I actually told my daughter to be respectful to me once when I had recently been drinking and she replied I should respect myself! Kids are smarter and feel more than we give them credit for!! I have a lot to make up for!!! It just hurts so much.

Lilly

LostLilly 03-14-2016 05:22 AM

For those that slipped just get right back at it! You don't need to join a new class! Don't let a one day skip turn into giving up. It's a new day! Make it these next 24hrs sober with a plan.

Lilly

ManInTheArena 03-14-2016 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by LostLilly (Post 5849751)
Thank you Kiki, Chickchick, and Keets! I know my drinking did hurt them and it will take time to repair and regain trust. I actually told my daughter to be respectful to me once when I had recently been drinking and she replied I should respect myself! Kids are smarter and feel more than we give them credit for!! I have a lot to make up for!!! It just hurts so much.

Lilly

This is so true. I can't remember how many times my kids have said things and I thought "you are so right". Also, I think if most of truly loved and supported ourselves as much as we love and support our kids, we would find a bit more peace and happiness. Easier said than done, and I have to remind myself of this constantly. So those of you who have slipped a bit, keep this in mind and give yourselves a big hug and some encouraging self talk. I am very proud of everyone here. It's not easy to do what we are doing!

Have a great Monday!!

ChickChick 03-14-2016 05:50 AM

Good morning :)

Sumi 03-14-2016 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by LostLilly (Post 5849751)
Thank you Kiki, Chickchick, and Keets! I know my drinking did hurt them and it will take time to repair and regain trust. I actually told my daughter to be respectful to me once when I had recently been drinking and she replied I should respect myself! Kids are smarter and feel more than we give them credit for!! I have a lot to make up for!!! It just hurts so much. Lilly

Hey Lilly, don't get lost in the parental guilt. It's okay to tell yourself (and your kids) that you've messed up, it's okay to go through stuff that has gone wrong. But don't dwell on it. It will make you weak.

If it helps you, you could try writing down what kind of relationship would you ideally want to have with your kids. Then break it down to little steps of practicalities of how to get closer to each of your goals. The steps should be super small, not to overwhelm you. You can even ask your children to help you making it.

There is a website I turn to in hard times with my kids, it's ahaparenting.com. Maybe you will find some tips there.

Stay strong :)

Sumi 03-14-2016 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 (Post 5849734)
Today is day 2 AGAIN! I get so tired of climbing part way up the mountain only to fall down the & start all over again. I will not fall down the mountain today. I am going to stick very close to SR today! The biggest thing I need to do is not think!!! My brain just doesn't shut off sometimes. Ugh. Today I will try my hardest not to think & stay in the moment. I will stay sober for the next 24 hours. I will EAT healthy meals. I will try to get some exercise. I will take a nap if I need to. I will try to be kind to myself. I will be grateful. Have a great day!

Sounds like you have a plan! Let's go! :)

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Sumi (Post 5849819)
Sounds like you have a plan! Let's go! :)

Thx Sumi! I actually got up this morning & cooked eggs & wheat toast for breakfast. Crazy! Ha

kgirl41 03-14-2016 06:22 AM

Day 2 for me! I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought was "It feels so good to not be hungover. Thank goodness!!" This disease is such a strange beast. I honestly do not enjoy drinking and I really, really dislike being hungover. The power of the craving and the disillusion that drinking will be fun is simply amazing to me. When I drink, it's not fun, I'm on a mission to get drunk. I prefer to drink alone because I can drink quickly and with intention. When I am around people, I can see the way they look at me, like wow she is drunk.And then the next morning I rehash in my brain all the stupid things I said. I immediately check my FB to see if I put anything dumb out there. The embarrassment is overwhelming ... and yet when a craving strikes all of this is forgotten?
I need to write all of this down and when a craving strikes, read it. I need reminders BEFORE drinking. Not slap in the face reminders afterwards. UGH.

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by kgirl41 (Post 5849859)
Day 2 for me! I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought was "It feels so good to not be hungover. Thank goodness!!" This disease is such a strange beast. I honestly do not enjoy drinking and I really, really dislike being hungover. The power of the craving and the disillusion that drinking will be fun is simply amazing to me. When I drink, it's not fun, I'm on a mission to get drunk. I prefer to drink alone because I can drink quickly and with intention. When I am around people, I can see the way they look at me, like wow she is drunk.And then the next morning I rehash in my brain all the stupid things I said. I immediately check my FB to see if I put anything dumb out there. The embarrassment is overwhelming ... and yet when a craving strikes all of this is forgotten? I need to write all of this down and when a craving strikes, read it. I need reminders BEFORE drinking. Not slap in the face reminders afterwards. UGH.

Wow! I could have written this!!! ^^^

I totally relate!

We can do this!