SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/386614-class-march-2016-support-thread-part-2-a.html)

Missy7 03-14-2016 08:09 AM

Day 15--off to work

Bobbieka 03-14-2016 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Keets (Post 5849925)
Good,morning everyone,,don't have much to say other than I am extremely disappointed in myself. I was doing great I,thought I was better than that and was one or the ones who could beat the odds and not have any slip ups. I guess having alcohol in the house in the first may have ended me in trouble. My husband dumped it all last night. At thew moment I wad pissed I'm ok now well besides having a massive hang over.

Glad you're here Keets. This is our journey to take together. We're here for you, just as I know you're there for us. You are better than this. You have already proven it. ((hugs))

KateAZ 03-14-2016 08:36 AM

Day 19 and so proud of myself for making it through a hard weekend!

Vinificent 03-14-2016 08:40 AM

Permission to join the class?

Hello Class of March 2016
I originally began what I refer to as my " journey to sobriety " on 12/31/15 and had been posting on the December 2015 thread, but I have messed up and lapsed a few times (dabbling with moderation, which I have concluded will not work - for me anyways). Yesterday was my birthday, and as I start the last year of the first half-century of my life, I would also like to renew my commitment to abstain from drinking. So here I am with a new day 1 - March 14, 2016.
Will be reading previous posts to get to know everyone so for now I will just say Hi 😄

Sumi 03-14-2016 08:42 AM

Welcome Casey and Max :)

Sumi 03-14-2016 08:44 AM

Hi Vinificent :)

Sumi 03-14-2016 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by KateAZ (Post 5850089)

Happy to hear! Well done!! :)

kgirl41 03-14-2016 08:47 AM

Way to go!! :You_Rock_

kgirl41 03-14-2016 08:50 AM

Hi Vinificent :)

Incontrol15 03-14-2016 08:55 AM

AWESOME!!!

That feels 1000% better than the remorse you would feel from caving.

Be proud. You deserve it!

CaseyW 03-14-2016 09:00 AM

Glad you've joined us, Vinificent. Moderation never worked for me either, no matter how many different ways I tried. Once I took that first drink, I never knew what was going to happen next. I might "only" have one or two more, or I might try to drink the town dry.

Just finished reading all 700-ish posts from this class over the last hour or so. Lot of great support here. I look forward to moving onward with all of you.

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Sumi (Post 5849879)
Yeah, I wrote all the crap(well the worst at least) down on a sheet of paper and carry it with me in case I need a reminder. I have needed it many times in 5 days :)

That's a great idea and it works for so many but it doesn't work for me because when I have one of those "out of body" experience or "alien took over my body" cravings...the last thing I do is read my piece of paper.

I've written it on paper, in notebooks, in my iphone notes, emailed it to myself, recorded myself begging "myself" not to drink (true story), written things on my hands, sticky notes in my car, I've hidden all access to money, hidden my car keys, banned myself from bars purposely (I just drive to other ones), changed my iphone screen saver to a picture of a liver with cirrhosis (another true story. ha), You name it! I've done it.

Some day I hope to laugh at those things I did but right now I am just hunkered down ready & waiting for the MONSTER to try to attack again! I AM READY THIS TIME!!! I'm sticking close to you guys, posting & reading!!!

Anyway...that's my story of why I personally don't write down my last drunk or the reasons I shouldn't drink anymore. Ha.

Oh! I forgot about the time I ordered a silver bracelet with my sobriety date engraved on it. That lasted about 5 days and now I have a silver bracelet with some random date on it. Ugh. Haha

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Keets (Post 5849925)
Good,morning everyone,,don't have much to say other than I am extremely disappointed in myself. I was doing great I,thought I was better than that and was one or the ones who could beat the odds and not have any slip ups. I guess having alcohol in the house in the first may have ended me in trouble. My husband dumped it all last night. At thew moment I wad pissed I'm ok now well besides having a massive hang over.

I know exactly how you feel because I felt that way yesterday. :-( The shame, guilt, anxiety & depression are the worst part of it!

Let's just stay in the moment & try not to think. Our AV (addictive voice) wants us to feel bad so we drink again.

I am not drinking today!!! You in? :-)

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Max74 (Post 5849950)
Good morning all....My name is Max and im on day 3.I had 71 days clean all november and december and then i lost my way. May today be ours.....cheers!

MAX!!!!! My November classmate! So glad you are here. I had to start over too but you know what....we are still trying & we WILL do this!

Welcome to March! :-)

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sumi (Post 5849952)
If you are never disappointed in yourself, you will never want to change anything. You were doing great! We all slip... And it sucks! What do you need to change in your plan to make it work for you better? Also, yay husband for his support. Hug

I agree with Sumi! I'm glad you husband is supporting you!

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by ChickChick (Post 5849954)
Glad you are right back here Keets. I think it was a good move to get the alcohol out of the house. I'm packing and have a 5 hour drive today. Ugh. The same in reverse tomorrow. I'm trying to stay positive about this little trip.... but it's a bit difficult because I'd rather do just about anything to get out of it! Not being hungover helps. And I'm received that I won't have to worry about drinking today. I'll check in later. Have a great day all!

Hang in there Chick! You got this!!!

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Keets (Post 5849986)
I was really supposed with my husband because he has not been supportive till now. Maybe he will be able,to,help,me in the future. Right now I'm sulking in bed with my cockatiel Baby on my lap she cheers me up and is like a little toddler. I just want to sulk alone for now.

(((Keets)))

Try to get out and take a little walk in the fresh air later. That's what I plan to do.

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by LostLilly (Post 5849988)
Welcome Max! The AA book states "remember we deal with alcohol, cumming, baffling, and powerful". The voice in our head lies and tells us that this time will be different or that it would feel good to have a release, or maybe we don't really have a problem. These are all lies and drinking will only result in a downward spiral. This happened to me first hand this past year and I am left with a huge mess!! My husband keeps all alcohol out of the house too and I think it's a really good idea. Lilly

Yep! Our disease is a big fat evil liar!!! That AV is relentless. But I'm ready for it today!!! If I have to stay on SR all day and post 1000 times to stay sober today I will! Sorry if I drive you guys crazy! Ha ha

Sumi 03-14-2016 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 (Post 5850122)
Oh! I forgot about the time I ordered a silver bracelet with my sobriety date engraved on it. That lasted about 5 days and now I have a silver bracelet with some random date on it. Ugh. Haha

Sorry, but I had to laugh.. I know it's not funny to you.. Yet!

Stay tight right here with us!!
I'm having a hard day myself, will be here too.

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Surrender2win (Post 5850005)
Sounds like a great plan! :c011:

Thx surrender!

Right now I am binge POSTING on here. Lol. I did this from Nov-Jan (a few months ago) & was sober for over 2 months. I stopped checking in and drank again. I am not gonna let that happen again!