SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 33 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/381486-one-year-over-part-33-a.html)

Soberwolf 01-11-2016 11:31 PM

:hug: Mags

Good morning Overs

Mags1 01-12-2016 03:29 AM

Hi Wolfie.

FBL 01-12-2016 03:49 AM

The news yesterday about David Bowie hit me pretty hard. I was a HUGE fan, going back to the "Space Oddity" days. So many great songs over the years, but one of my all-time favorites is one that hardly gets mentioned anymore...his 1985 collaboration with the Pat Metheny Group from the 1985 film The Falcon and the Snowman (which, BTW, is also very under-rated) called "This Is Not America":

Have a great Tuesday, overs!

venuscat 01-12-2016 03:56 AM

I so agrree FBL ~ about both the movie and the song. Very sad here too.
They are going to stream this movie free for everyone, I guess as a tribute.

The Falcon and the Snowman Full Movie

LDT 01-12-2016 04:37 AM

Good Morning Overs,

This is a drive by hello because I have an early yoga class to teach. I think I will never catch up with this great thread. But I am trying........you guys sound great, as always!

ITCHY!! ...... Hello old HATZ friend....... We will chat more later. My absence from the forum is only because life has been full speed ahead for this last year...... Father is now in a nursing home with late stage Alzheimer's..... Adult son
Was diagnosed with epilepsy,.....Life is still great and good and I'm not complaining. Just so, so busy with teaching piano and now yoga.

I have no new Wild Child stories ( my dog ) except to say he will NOT quit singing when I'm trying to teach piano.....especially. Certain piano student. I have him on video. I wish I could post it here but I don't know how. Everyone is telling me I should submit the video to the TV show ( which I don't watch ) America's Funniest Vidoes ? Is that what it's called? ...... Anyway, I might, just for the fun of it. .l. One of my adult students said that my supposed 'hunting dog' was never meant to hunt......and that's because he's a musician,

Off to Yoga folks..... Back later. Have an awesome day,

venuscat 01-12-2016 05:02 AM

LDT ~ I didn't know your dad was at that stage love. :hug:
And I know your son is OK, but sending love anyway.
I've had a crappy day, big time, on so many levels, and I would kinda love a dog to sing to me right now....

Saskia 01-12-2016 05:12 AM

(((V)))

Good morning, Overs!

InParticular 01-12-2016 06:22 AM

Just waiting to find out if my dog is coming today. I'll know in half an hour!

InParticular 01-12-2016 06:52 AM

Oh Venus, hugs and love your way. Sorry you're having a bad day. Just try to do your best today and tomorrow is a new day. :)

My dog's on his way. Lots of dog talk today! In three hours I'll be with my best friend again!!!!!!!!!! Been almost four months.

Hi LDT, it's always good to see you around. :)

Saskia 01-12-2016 08:33 AM

IP, happy to hear you will be reunited with your four-pawed friend :-)

wehav2day 01-12-2016 08:46 AM

Ldt!!!! Good to see you!

Venus, I'm sorry you had such a crappy day, care to talk about it? ((((((Venus))))))

Ip, congrats on getting your doggie back! Yay!

I'm back in Ohio from three weeks in California, jetlag already kicking my butt. I'll live. Yaaaawwwwnnn.

Have a good day, overs!

MesaMan 01-12-2016 08:55 AM

Welp ~

This isn't a Singing Dog - exactly - but it's funny enough to net >175 Million Views on You Tube. A Big Ole 'Yippee Skippy' for Dog Reunions!

Me and MesaDog are hangin' in our new Trailer beside a River in Arizona in 62 F [16 C] Temps in Sun and good ole Desert Wind. Beats the -5 F [-21 C] Nighttime Temps I left ~1.5 Weeks ago in Western Colorado. MesaMate - a.k.a. Da Wife - joins me this Friday after a Snowshoeing stint with Gal Palz in the Colorado Rockies.

- Talking Dog Vid - Time: 1 Min 20 Secs -

http://i65.tinypic.com/1zdn2iw.jpg

Mags1 01-12-2016 09:36 AM

Haha, Mesa. Love the animal videos!

V my love , sending you all my love.x

Mags1 01-12-2016 09:40 AM

Had another altercation by email today. I kept my cool but had some horrid things said. Then I got a phone call by someone who said I'm doings good job and the emailer was out of order (he copied he world and his wife in it!). So, I'm feeling a bit better. Silly me for taking stuff to heart!

In the big picture my small problem is miniscule and I have to keep reminding myself of this.

Saskia 01-12-2016 09:55 AM

I don't think it's silly, Mags. That's horrid for anyone to do! Good for you taking it in good stride. I probably would have had a meltdown.

wehav2day 01-12-2016 11:41 AM

Oh mags, I work with a guy like that. It's easy for me to say he can kiss your grits, don't take it personally, but yes easier said than done.

One thing is for sure: he's not worth getting free rent inside your head.

venuscat 01-12-2016 12:44 PM

Good morning all, and thank you. And it was too many things to talk about. Sometimes it doesn't help to dwell on things....a bad day can be just a bad day.
BUT, if my &%*$#^@ mechanic calls me to come and get my car in 106 degrees, I will not be happy.

I'm glad you're feeling better Mags. Gosh people can be mean. And of course you're doing a good job! :) :hug:

wehav and I are following each other around SR, too funny. :)

Love to all of the Overs. ♥

Saskia 01-12-2016 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 5737499)

wehav and I are following each other around SR, too funny. :)

Love to all of the Overs. ♥

Stalking each other?! :lmao

EternalNow 01-12-2016 01:46 PM

happy you are feeling a little better today venuscat.

Soberwolf 01-12-2016 01:51 PM

Goodnight Overs :grouphug: