SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 32 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/379727-one-year-over-part-32-a.html)

FBL 12-04-2015 03:43 AM

Have a great Friday, overs!

Soberwolf 12-04-2015 04:12 AM

You too Fbl

Had another therapy session today feeling meh

Saskia 12-04-2015 04:58 AM

Good morning, Overs!

Itch, I've always liked "One Night in Bangkok" and indeed, much of the Chess soundtrack :-)

Soberwolf 12-04-2015 05:24 AM

Mrs Sw found out I ordered her the girl on the train book & today I'm informed Marcus Aurelius's meditations has been ordered by Mrs sw

Looking forward to that

InParticular 12-04-2015 06:18 AM

It was just a joke Itchy, I would never think you anything less than a perfect speller. I used to be a perfect speller, I'm getting dumber in my old age.
We got snow finally, and it's -8 right now. Supposed to get a big dump next week. I'm kind of nervous about it but also it will make my trailer more toasty so it's a good thing.
I've been spending all week recording my show, argh. Talking is hard for me, I'm trying to make it sound good.
Have a good Friday everyone!

IWLSAST 12-04-2015 06:44 AM

Happy Friday Over's,

I hope that all are doing well. Haha, I popped in on this thread last night and I thought I was on a CNN news-feed.

I thought I would share what I consider another tiny miracle/message from someone somewhere that happened to me yesterday. AA told me to be sure to stay for the miracle to happen. In my case it hasn't been any major event, but a collection of small, yet so meaningful occurrences.

My youngest is in Ohio in the last few months of finishing up her doctorate. Her dissertation is due soon and has her quite busy, so the only way we could connect prior to my moving was for me to visit her.

Yesterday we did so. We exchanged gifts...and here in lies this tiny miracle. Hers to me - The Whole 30 Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom. This W-30 program has been an integral part of my quest to heal my body in recovery.

So what...she knows I love that program. Where is this miracle of sorts? Well, for one, that she chose that book. For two, that we randomly choose to meet yesterday - on my 30 MONTH anniversary. Say what you will - I see a message in that random occurrence.

Plus, it completes a miracle/message cycle with both of my girls. My oldest delivered a baby girl this past January 6th - a few days early. My first of what I hope will be many grandchildren. :)

It was an SR/AA friend that pointed out to me as I was talking with her on the phone after leaving the hospital that evening full of amazement at how fast I fell in love...offering, "And it's January 6th"...then it hit me -

My BY FAR favorite daily quote from AA information comes from the 24 Hours a Day book - for January 6th. I reference and read it often. Here it is...

AA Thought for the Day - January 6th

Keeping sober is the most important thing in my life. The most important decision I ever made was my decision to give up drinking. I am convinced that my whole life depends on not taking that first drink. Nothing in the world is as important to me as my own sobriety. Everything I have, my whole life, depends on that one thing.

Can I afford ever to forget this, even for one minute?

Yes, strange - but true - and both offer a significant messages if you ask me! Miracles do happen. :)

Hope your day is magnifique.

Carlos

Soberwolf 12-04-2015 09:06 AM

Afternoon Overs or good prevening as Sheldon says lol

Mags1 12-05-2015 12:00 AM

Morning overs, and for Wolfie, 'Bazinga!'

Carlos, lovely meet with your daughter. Strange how 2 minds meet somehow, but it's nothing short of miracles. Also, thank you for the reminder!keeping sober is the most important thing in my life here here!

Hope this typing turns out ok as my cat Merlin thinks my left hand is purely for petting him at this moment . Hehe.

Inpar all the best with your radio show, cherish your voice. Ok it's the week end, you and Fbl can send snow over please, just a pretty smattering as I'm not at work till Tuesday!

I'm gonna do it! I've had this silver hair colour for ages but not felt up to putting it on yet but, this weekend, I'm gonna do it. Hubby reckons I'll look like a hippy, my hair is getting a lot longer now, since I've been growing it in case I got 'moon face ' with the medication! So it looks like it did when I was 18! So I look hippy ish already, Wonder if I'm one of those 'sheep dressed as lamb' haha :lmao. Do I care, No!

Hope it's a good weekend friends.

Mags1 12-05-2015 12:05 AM

Overs, p.s. I'm feeling a bit better today, more human than I have for weeks!

Dee74 12-05-2015 12:24 AM

Great to hear Mags :)

have a good weekend everyone :)

D

Saskia 12-05-2015 12:48 AM

Mags, I'm happy to hear you are feeling better!

Dee, I hope you have a good weekend, too. Try to keep the speed and acrobatics on your wheels to a minimum, please :lmao

petals 12-05-2015 03:07 AM

Glad you are feeling a bit better mags.
Hope you love the new hair colour. X
Will try to catch up later. ...just caught up on unders and weekenders.... now time for tea or coffee.
Tummy still hurting from last night's binge.
I was up late running mr p to and from his Christmas work do and decided to eat junk to muffle my av.
Xx

Soberwolf 12-05-2015 03:19 AM

Feeling great after a deep sleep finished reading Ann Dowsett's book last night going to start reading the science delusion by Rupert Sheldrake I've seen his banned Ted talk & today my first John Lennox book 'gods undertaker' I can't wait as after that I'm reading Marcus Aurelius's meditations

Sobriety is so awesome

FBL 12-05-2015 05:27 AM

Mags, glad you're feeling better. Sorry, no snow here to send as it'll be 52F here today with similar weather for the next few days. I'm not a big fan of winter, so this is all Jim Dandy for me:)

Have a great Saturday, overs!

InParticular 12-05-2015 07:06 AM

Jim Dandy! Now I would like to learn the origin of that expression--it sounds very American to me. :)
We got about three inches of snow. Still not enough! My *&*( pipes to my washing mashine keep freezing-and I was going to do a load today! My landlord is procrastinating fixing them, he has to reroute it through the house. I will have to call him today.
Mags I'm glad you sound happier--and good luck with the new hair! New looks are fun. :) I gave up on dying mine a few years ago. Dyed it for years and years and just decided I was done with the hassle, and I have to say I love my natural colour, even with the many, (eep!) gray hairs! I get compliments on it. :)
I'm not as salt and pepper as my mom was at this age, so I am considering myself lucky so far. She was getting towards 50/50 when she was my age.
I should call her. I've been thinking about it.
Show #2 went better, I'm actually not completely mortified about it, haha. It really is a thrill, playing music on the radio! This week I put in some Serge Gainsbourg and Jacques Brel, the guys in the hemi trucks should appreciate that hahaha.
I'm about to drive to the next town over to go over the submissions my friend and I got to our magazine. Exciting! Issue #1 is moving along.
Have a wonderful Saturday Overs.

:acca:

Soberwolf 12-05-2015 12:48 PM

Evening gang

Mags1 12-05-2015 01:12 PM

Hi Wolfie, did you watch Dr. Who? It was brilliant.

Soberwolf 12-05-2015 02:18 PM

I didn't tonight Mags we got a few films today were watching Lawless with the great Guy Pearce & Gary Oldman

Soberwolf 12-05-2015 03:40 PM

I can't help it I love this movie lawless is a great film this was based on real events have any of you guys watched this ?

I've known of nick cave for years I'm so glad he done this screenplay

Thinking I might get the book by matt bondurant 'wettest county in the world'

Dee74 12-05-2015 03:42 PM

haven't seen it SW.

D