SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   (Not So) New - Frank's Thread Part 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/374889-not-so-new-franks-thread-part-4-a.html)

NestWasEmpty 09-04-2015 03:18 PM

sao - thanks for asking Yes I did Dr. knows , she cut down my BP meds . So I have to wait , it out for my body to a just . Actually I started feeling a little better later today .

Tooshabby 09-04-2015 03:25 PM

Hi Nest, I'm okay but I just don't trust myself. I'm not drinking, but I don't know what the future holds. I guess that's where the 'one day at a time' phrase comes in. Just sick of the battle. My life has become this war with alcohol. It's ridiculous. Oh well. Thanks for asking and listening. How are you? What could low blood pressure be caused by?

Jsbodhi 09-04-2015 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tooshabby (Post 5543095)
Hi Nest, I'm okay but I just don't trust myself. I'm not drinking, but I don't know what the future holds. I guess that's where the 'one day at a time' phrase comes in. Just sick of the battle. My life has become this war with alcohol. It's ridiculous. Oh well. Thanks for asking and listening. How are you? What could low blood pressure be caused by?

Tell me about it...
Its ridiculous over in this corner too xoxo

K, gonna post a little link shabby- john oliver makes fun of everyone, this particular episode reminded me of you though because you're a kiwi! Not trying to poke fun, the flags just delighted me xoxo
Hehe
John oliver's "last week tonight" is the best, you should watch it on youtube.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kzr-0LgXhCw

Will write more in a bit xx

Tooshabby 09-04-2015 03:37 PM

Brilliant!!! Hilarious :-D

All the flag suggestions in the short list totally suck. I thought I hated the old one, now I prefer it!

NestWasEmpty 09-04-2015 03:39 PM

Shabby That's all we all can do 1 day at a time , till it gets easier . Than the days add up & you start seeing an end to that long tunnel :)
BP no biggie , I put myself on a low carb diet to lose weight roughly 9 months ago I was on 300 mg BP meds :( Now that I lost weight , my body needs to be adjusted to a lower mg. meds . So it's acting Crazy !!

Jsbodhi 09-04-2015 03:49 PM

Sorry I'm just dropping in and out here- invoices to do before deadline.
Will write more ladies

Tooshabby 09-04-2015 03:51 PM

Hey, that sounds positive - good for you!!!

Thanks Nesty :-) I will hang in there. Will be good to get some success under my belt so I can feel a bit more confident.

NestWasEmpty 09-04-2015 03:54 PM

Jen I just don't understand why people just don't let the Flags alone . In the end no matter what they do , there will always be people that don't like one or the other :( Like Presidents :lmao
Ok I'm thinking I misunderstood this kiwi ' thing again ( feeling stupid ) ... Why not I'll open mouth insert foot ( blond moment ) < for real . kiwi isn't that little bird ... Gosh :(

Jsbodhi 09-04-2015 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tooshabby (Post 5543147)
Hey, that sounds positive - good for you!!!

Thanks Nesty :-) I will hang in there. Will be good to get some success under my belt so I can feel a bit more confident.

Oh I always get my invoices and work done perfectly and on time, I get A's at university too- its after all that is done I collapse into alcoholism :(

NestWasEmpty 09-04-2015 04:02 PM

Ok I googled it , that's were I F-- up , cause the first time the little bird showed up . New Zealander .:repost:

Tooshabby 09-04-2015 04:03 PM

I know, right? Life is going really well....I know, I'll ruin it with alcohol - again - there's a genius idea!!

Nesty, a kiwi is the brown flightless bird, and that's what the people of the country are named after. And if that wasn't confusing enough, there's also a fruit called kiwi fruit. Frankly, I'm surprised anyone has heard of any of this stuff at all. I doubt you're the only one confused by it :-)

NestWasEmpty 09-04-2015 04:12 PM

Thanks for clearing most of that up Shabby Whewww .. We're called Rednecks * I hate that !!* To me it just doesn't sound right . I'm a country girl , don't mind too much if I'm called a Hick :eek13:
Not going to Harp on the affects of alcohol , cause I don't like it done to me . I just know the long term health problems . Once your body's damaged Bad , sometimes it can't be fixed :(

Jsbodhi 09-04-2015 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tooshabby (Post 5543183)
I know, right? Life is going really well....I know, I'll ruin it with alcohol - again - there's a genius idea!!

Nesty, a kiwi is the brown flightless bird, and that's what the people of the country are named after. And if that wasn't confusing enough, there's also a fruit called kiwi fruit. Frankly, I'm surprised anyone has heard of any of this stuff at all. I doubt you're the only one confused by it :-)

I wonder why that is?
I do the same, things are awesome, life is good; yet alcohol seems to be my Achilles heel.
My alcoholism is always there.
Yet I'm one of the only people who knows it, everyone thinks I'm fine, and I guess I am in some ways- but I'm the only one who really knows how deep rooted it goes.

Venecia 09-04-2015 04:18 PM

The early days are not easy.

Not long ago, there was a conversation here on SR about the battle and the surrender. I'll try to find it. What helped me was not to look at surrender as losing. Instead, jumping off a sinking ship and swimming toward a steady, stable one. The swimming part is where you may be at right now, Shabby. But look at it this way: As long as we're not drinking, the hardest part is behind us.

Jsbodhi 09-04-2015 04:21 PM

I was a bit proud of myself tonight though.
One of my staff is also an old friend- she has a cocaine and alcohol problem.
I dropped off a guitar I had tonight for her gig.
There were a few people there and they invited me to sit and play/ sing for a bit with them, I really wanted to because I've always had a safe and fun time with that crowd ( folk/ blues musicians) but I knew I'd just end up drinking 3 bottles of wine and banging a bunch of stuff up my nose so I left.
I haven't hung around that group in a long time and I don't have a drug problem (never have) but I don't want to acquire one, its only a matter of time.
Anyway, small victory

Tooshabby 09-04-2015 04:22 PM

It's actually really good to be reminded of that, Nesty. I should think of my health more often. My liver must be in a pretty bad way by now.

I would only think of someone as a redneck if they were racist, which I am absolutely sure you are not. I don't think of everyone in the South as rednecks, myself. Not at all. I feel deeply touched by the way people in America have healed after the civil war. I know it isn't perfect, but there are a lot of positives, and a lot of genuine love, forgiveness and compassion between the races. I think it's good to focus on that, without ignoring inequality and prejudice. I hope that isn't too political for the forum :-)

Jen, at least you don't have lots of people knowing you have/had a big problem with alcohol. It's so embarrassing. Quit while you're ahead :-)

Jsbodhi 09-04-2015 04:25 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mrY-L2YkPlo
Here's a song we were practicing before I left- damn hippies ;)
Great song though

Tooshabby 09-04-2015 04:28 PM

Yes, I think there is something in that for me to be sure. There is some sense of loss that I need to address, or dwell upon/think about. Some twisted perspective there.....

Tooshabby 09-04-2015 04:41 PM

That song brought a tear to my eye. Lovely.

Mr TS has gone out to get steak and cheese pies :hyper

P.S. Nesty, you are not a hick either. It hurts me just a weensy bit every time you say that :sadwavey:

Jsbodhi 09-04-2015 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tooshabby (Post 5543255)
That song brought a tear to my eye. Lovely.

Mr TS has gone out to get steak and cheese pies :hyper

P.S. Nesty, you are not a hick either. It hurts me just a weensy bit every time you say that :sadwavey:

Yeah its a great song!
I do the vocals :)
Steak and cheese pies! Yum!
I ordered a pizza, my ma is staying here :)
My irishman was coming over to cook me dinner and clean my house while I was working ( what a sweetheart) now he's gone, thank goodness my mama is here ;)
I'm getting spoiled