SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2015 Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/365493-class-april-2015-part-3-a.html)

bluesky45 04-26-2015 01:15 PM

Day 4 and its been ok. Struggling with headache and itching, but this site and your posts are keeping me focused. Well done for today guys !!

Incontrol15 04-26-2015 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Goose1 (Post 5339217)
ZaBoozer - The thread continues. My understanding is this thread is for those of us who decided that a day in April of 2015 is a day we decided to get Sober. We can continue for months and onto 2016, 2017 and so on. My thought is that's how this thread works. We are early in Sobriety and our struggles will be somewhat the same. Perhaps Dee can explain better.

That is true.
I've been posting congrats over at the April 2014 group last couple days. Peeps have been hitting 1yr sober over there. How cool is that!!

Incontrol15 04-26-2015 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 (Post 5339266)
That is true. I've been posting congrats over at the April 2014 group last couple days. Peeps have been hitting 1yr sober over there. How cool is that!!

You can also see those who put several months behind them, thought all was good and one night drinking would be ok, only to find themselves depressed, fighting anxiety, and urges again.

I need those reminders.
I know what will happen if I drink again. But i also know that dragon can be more convincing than I can be. I could learn some things from it that would be useful in sales.

Goose1 04-26-2015 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by bluesky45 (Post 5339259)
Day 4 and its been ok. Struggling with headache and itching, but this site and your posts are keeping me focused. Well done for today guys !!

Drink lots of water, got to hydrate bluesky. 2 symptoms of de-hydration are headaches and dry skin.

ANewDayNYC 04-26-2015 01:57 PM

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, I don't like my job so its nice to have the option. I want to try to prove to myself I can stay sober - this gives me extra motivation.

I feel like my body is adjusting back to sobriety. I don't usually have too much difficulty on Sundays but I want to check in more often to stay on track.

Hope everyone is having a good, sober day.

ANewDayNYC 04-26-2015 01:57 PM

Hang in there bluesky - you can do this!

Dee74 04-26-2015 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer (Post 5339206)
Hey all,

Daft question, but what happens to this thread at the end of the month?

Cheers,

ZAB

Originally Posted by Goose1 (Post 5339217)
ZaBoozer - The thread continues. My understanding is this thread is for those of us who decided that a day in April of 2015 is a day we decided to get Sober. We can continue for months and onto 2016, 2017 and so on. My thought is that's how this thread works. We are early in Sobriety and our struggles will be somewhat the same. Perhaps Dee can explain better.

Yeah this thread will continue, as is, for as long as you guys keep posting in it.

The only change is this thread, and you guys as a group, move to the Newcomers Daily Support Forum

Newcomer's Daily Support Threads - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

to make way for what will be the new Class of May 2015 thread here in this forum :)

D

TennantSmith 04-26-2015 03:12 PM

Hello all and happy April. It's hard to believe it's almost May. This month really went quickly.

My twin daughters turn 17 in about 3 weeks. Time seems to go so much faster once they hit middle school. Sometimes I wish I could slow it down but other days, it's an amazing pleasure watching them mature.

I'm going to have a few hours alone soon so I'm going to bunker down with a comfy throw and finish "To Kill A Mockingbird". It's been an amazing read.

Happy for sobriety today. It's truly an amazing gift.

Incontrol15 04-26-2015 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by bluesky45 (Post 5339259)

Nice going buddy.
Day 4 wasn't too fun for me. But the clouds parted shortly thereafter. Hopefully the same will happen for you.

And ditto on the water. Drink tons of it. It helps in more ways then one. Do your body some good and you'll be rewarded for your efforts!

Incontrol15 04-26-2015 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by ANewDayNYC (Post 5339316)
I feel like my body is adjusting to sobriety

YES! Me too and it's feeling good.
My attitude is overall way better. Doom and gloom moments aren't nearly as bad.

Today was the first time in a long time I woke up with a great attitude. That was nice. Didn't necessarily stay with me all day, but those moments are growing while depression is shrinking. Very noticeable.

More energy. More spring in my step. All that. Loving it.

Before if I was tired, a rum and coke or vodka and red bull was my fix. After time, those would just make me sleepy after 30min or so. My anxiety was so high and sleep was so bad that drinking would shortly lead to a nap. And then to wake up and get moving again....you guessed it...time for a drink!

What a mess. Glad that's over and looking forward to continued improvements with body, mind, and soul.

Glad your here NewDay.
Catch ya later

jazzfish 04-26-2015 04:46 PM

Ah, closing out the day with a nice yoga session - very chilled. Stick with it, it gets better.

Incontrol15 04-26-2015 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by jazzfish (Post 5339603)
Ah, closing out the day with a nice yoga session - very chilled. Stick with it, it gets better.

Nice.

TennantSmith 04-26-2015 05:27 PM

Yoga is incredible. I may add that to my to-do list tomorrow :)

I finished the book. It was an incredible read. I'm starting another one tomorrow. It's nice to get lost in someone else's mind for a bit.

Incontrol15 04-26-2015 05:29 PM

Another great thing to add to my list.

firefly789 04-26-2015 07:26 PM

Day 2. It was a good day. It was beautiful weather and I really enjoyed the day.

Incontrol15 04-26-2015 07:42 PM

Dinner out. No drink. Didn't want one at all.
Would be nice if every moment was like that.

Looking forward to waking up happy again.

It's official. I made the weekend and I'm officially calling it one week without alcohol, or any other substance for that matter. I really have no idea how long it's been since I've gone a week without putting some kind of drug / alcohol in my body. I honestly can't think of one single week for the past 30 years. I'm sure there was a few in there somewhere. But THIS ONE COUNTS!

It's great to be in control.
G'nite

Cauliflower 04-26-2015 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by TennantSmith (Post 5339655)
Yoga is incredible. I may add that to my to-do list tomorrow :)

I finished the book. It was an incredible read. I'm starting another one tomorrow. It's nice to get lost in someone else's mind for a bit.

I love doing yoga! I am not very good at it but it feels so good. I also am starting to read more also. I used to read tons before my drinking got the best of me; reading with double vision kinda sucks, now it is way more enjoyable! I am reading The Power of Now and Life of Pi.

amp123 04-26-2015 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 (Post 5339906)
Dinner out. No drink. Didn't want one at all. Would be nice if every moment was like that. Looking forward to waking up happy again. It's official. I made the weekend and I'm officially calling it one week without alcohol, or any other substance for that matter. I really have no idea how long it's been since I've gone a week without putting some kind of drug / alcohol in my body. I honestly can't think of one single week for the past 30 years. I'm sure there was a few in there somewhere. But THIS ONE COUNTS! It's great to be in control. G'nite

A week today for me too! Congratulations to you, Incontrol, and to everyone on this site making a difference to their own lives and those of those around them ;)

ZaBoozer 04-27-2015 01:43 AM

Morning all,

Day twenty one here. For more reflections and thoughts on where I stand, feel free to check out my thread - 2 days in (48 hours).

Cheers,

ZAB

Julie72 04-27-2015 03:49 AM

Hi everyone, just joining this thread as someone who quit this month - yesterday was my first night without drinking (and my first with some decent sleep) in a long while. The only difference I'm really feeling today is that I'm feeling incredibly irritable, and hungry for a full english breakfast with extra everything. And pizza for pudding.

jazzfish 04-27-2015 03:51 AM

Congrats, Incontrol! One week without alcohol is a very cool achievement.

It is morning here and I have a busy three days - a night workshop tonight, and then a two day business meeting. I arranged it so I will drive to the meeting tomorrow, so there is only one night there. I'm more worried about getting overly tired than the usual business meeting drinking antics, but wanted to minimize the time there anyway. I'll do dinner and then head to my room for the night.

Stay sober!

jazzfish 04-27-2015 03:52 AM

Welcome, Julie. Pull up a comfy chair and join the fun! Lots of support here.

Julie72 04-27-2015 04:00 AM

Thanks, Jazzfish :) sounds like a good plan you have for your business meeting.

(ooh, you're right, these chairs **are** comfy)

Incontrol15 04-27-2015 04:38 AM

Good morning everyone from Ohio USA.
Woke up happy again AND LOVING IT.

Now if I was just good enough to get up early so I could hit the gym before I go out selling, that would be the bomb. Baby steps I guess.

AMP....congrats back at ya buddy! Feels great huh?

Julie...welcome, welcome, welcome!! Congrats to you for taking the leap to make a post! Enough is enough. Sounds like alcohol has changed you for the worse too. Just like everyone else here. And just like all those who quit, we're going to change again for the better. Life is worth living with a smile!

Have a great day all

Dee74 04-27-2015 04:50 AM

Welcome Julie :)

D

halfvictory 04-27-2015 05:31 AM

I have failed. Had 3 beers on friday night, 4 on saturday night and 5 on Sunday...yeah, not much of an effort. And now my son's in the hospital and we had to come here after I had those 5 beers - quite sad that I knew we may be going to the hospital for my son's condition and yet I still had 5 beers.

I am still trying. Need to do something different.

Dee74 04-27-2015 05:37 AM

I hope your son's ok halfvictory.

If you're really committed to change, you will figure this out :)

D

amp123 04-27-2015 06:00 AM

Hey Halfvictory! It seems to me that a failure would be to get back on the beers AND switch off from your support network. I really hope your son is ok. Dee said that you will find a way through if you really want to. I think you wouldn't be on here if you didn't want to be! Perhaps you can look at this slip as a kind of "half victory"! It has helped you to gain some valuable perspective! Be well, friend!

Incontrol15 04-27-2015 06:09 AM

^^ well put ^^ And yeah, do some things different, or better. It would help if you wrote them down. Maybe even post them. It's not like we're the accountability police. We're just alcoholics. In fact what you post may help somebody. You feel like a failure. Thats good. That means YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT. Now get up and go get it!

Oh....and I admire your courage for posting. You are a lot stronger than you dragon wants you to believe.

SilentCinemaFan 04-27-2015 09:25 AM

Survived the weekend, my sobriety date started on April 24th so I haven't had much of a start yet. The big test is going through this week. I've done whole weeks before but this time around I'm committing myself to this forum. Last time I committed to this forum I went 6 months and a week I think. That's why I know I'm confident this will work.

I hope everybody has a great day!