SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of December 2014 Part 20 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/364752-class-december-2014-part-20-a.html)

Dee74 04-14-2015 02:20 PM

Class of December 2014 Part 20

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-19-a-20.html

D

MLD51 04-14-2015 02:26 PM

Thanks, Dee!

Della1968 04-14-2015 05:18 PM

Hope everyone is well :)

BBQBiker 04-14-2015 06:48 PM

Thanks Dee.

Thinking of you Brynn

I read all the posts and love you all.

Trick show with Jack tomorrow to I'll going to chill out.

Sleep tight all.

Tonks 04-14-2015 08:40 PM

I also read every post, and cherish you all greatly. Have a good night.

MariahGayle 04-14-2015 10:23 PM

Thinking of you Brynn & sending thoughts of love & strength to you friend.

MLD51 04-15-2015 04:02 AM

Good morning, friends!
Tax day. Ugh. I procrastinated, as usual.

BBQBiker 04-15-2015 04:26 AM

Good Morning Lovely Littermates.
It's been very quiet here.
Jack has a trick show for Allstate Insurance this morning - they are doing a fundraiser. The audience is all adults and we are going to get some of the big bosses involved in the show - should be fun.

Brynn I hope you are feeling a bit better today.
Tonks I loved seeing you poke you head in for a quick check in.
Creek I hope you are getting a little rest.
Mid I hope last night was a little warmer.
Della, how is NJ?
Mary and Kitty - are you both getting psyched for your new jobs?
Marty I guess you'll be doing your taxes today. Yuk.
Big - what's up?

Della1968 04-15-2015 05:01 AM

NJ sucks!!!!

BigShoe 04-15-2015 05:06 AM

Geez Marty, procrastinate much? Got our taxes done last night. So yesterday. My brain still hurts. The envelope is huge to the irs.

Was really busy tax time ing so didn't check in. Plus I hate the new version on my phone so haven't been checking in at work. I'll try to get used to it so I can keep the litter close.

Kick tail today BBQ. Have a fun show.

Brynn, my thoughts are with you. Don't give up. Hopefully things will change back just as quickly

kittycat3 04-15-2015 05:06 AM

Good morning. I know I've been scarce, today is my last day at my old job and next week I start new so I've been crazy busy. It's hard to say goodbye to friends although I am so happy to be leaving. I cheated on smoking last night but other than that have been smoke free for 2 weeks. I wonder if cigs are harder to quit than drinking....anyway. More later, thinking of you all. Xo

Tonks 04-15-2015 05:12 AM

I'm with you, biggy. I can't stand the new mobile version of the site and having to manually convert it to desktop view each time is a hassle.

BigShoe 04-15-2015 05:25 AM

Kitty I think quitting smoking is tough too. I can smell a cig burning from 300 ft no kidding. Sometimes smells so good sometimes putrid. What really is gross is smelling someone who smokes inside all the time when they're not smoking. They're smoldering. Clean fingers, clean skin, clean lungs. Keep it up.

Tonks, thanks for the tip, I'll find the switch to desktop link.

Della, not gonna be a jersey girl anytime soon?

Where on the globe is middy today?

Castdown.. How's it going?

Midwest1981 04-15-2015 06:36 AM

Big- I am in Colorodo. I can see pikes peak from my campground. I am glad you got your taxes done yesterday.

Marty- good luck with your taxes. We got ours done a month ago then had to have them ammended. Haha so maybe it is a good idea to procrastinate.

B- It was warmer last night! I slept great. I think it was the exercise! If I don't walk two or three miles a day I don't sleep well. The Allstate insurance gig sounds fun! They will love Jack!

Kitty- I hope you enjoy your days off before you start your new job. :)

Good morning Tonks!

Brynn- I hope your feeling better this morning.

Midwest1981 04-15-2015 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Della1968 (Post 5319075)
NJ sucks!!!!

I am not a big fan of NJ either. We have worked in Newark quite a bit. I hope you get to go home soon to your couch! ;)

Soberwolf 04-15-2015 08:10 AM

Thanks for the new thread D

Jsbodhi 04-15-2015 02:34 PM

Hello everyone!

Della1968 04-15-2015 03:23 PM

Hi Jen!!!
Middie I am about 10 minutes from Newark :a108:

Jsbodhi 04-15-2015 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Della1968 (Post 5319944)
Hi Jen!!!
Middie I am about 10 minutes from Newark :a108:

I was thinking of trying to write a true crime novel.
We have a serial killer/ killers here in Canada along a desolate stretch of highway, its known as the "highway of tears" they even have signs on the highway that say " girls don't hitchhike, killer on the loose".
Anyway, my other choice was the eastbound strangler in NJ.
NJ is not very cool? I'm torn between the two!

Planning another trip for pleasure, looking at flights to Romania, wanna go trace the vampire legend and get my tarot cards read by a gypsy :)

Della1968 04-15-2015 03:52 PM

I am sure parts of NJ a very cool..just not this part lol

I would live to go to Romania someday but Australia is first on my list. I guess I have gypsy ancestors.

MLD51 04-15-2015 06:05 PM

The only parts of New Jersey I've seen bring back some not-so-pleasant memories. I had basic training at Ft. Dix. During the hottest and most humid July-August anyone could remember.

Creekryder 04-15-2015 06:12 PM

Well, I certainly finished my taxes a lot earlier this year...yesterday. I'm so proud.

Last night was another no-sleeper. Mom was moaning and complained of stomach cramps along with a painful shoulder. The doctor upped her pain meds to hydrocodone, which may have contributed to the stomach issues. But the big problem was her urine was like coffee. Lethargic and scattered, I suspected dehydration, even though we have been constantly keeping her water mug full. So off to the doctor early this morning and my suspicions were correct...along with a pretty serious UTI. More pills and more monitoring. I really feel sorry for her with what she is going through. The visit with the cardiologist in the afternoon was concerned with the tachycardia that is manifesting itself the past few days. He said not much can be done with anything. At 95, things just don't get fixed again. With another dose of Norcor this evening, the nausea has not returned and she appears to be resting easier. We'll see how the rest of the night goes.

Today marks my 4 months sober date. I think I will celebrate by going to bed early.

Night all and pleasant dreams.
P.

BBQBiker 04-15-2015 06:22 PM

Good Evening Dear Littermates.
Trick show today was really fun. It is so much better doing the shows sober. I used to get nervous and now it's a blast. My mind is sharp and I can roll with whatever happens.
Big I use the web browser on my phone to do SR. I have heard the app is sucky.
Tonks - nice drive by. How are you?
Della, NJ is not on my list of favorites either.
Kitty, Romania sounds wonderful. I am intrigued by your desire to write a true crime novel. Tell us more. You know I'll consult.
Mid I always sleep better when I get my exercise in. And my mood is better too.
Kitty I have been smoking lately. I think quitting smoking is harder than quitting booze. I'll get back on the wagon soon. It's a better world when I don't smoke.
Creek how is it going? Are you able to get some rest?
Mary - how are you? What ya up to?

BBQBiker 04-15-2015 06:24 PM

Creek we were posting at the same time. Congrats on 4 months. Yippee!
Rest well dear brother.

MLD51 04-15-2015 06:48 PM

Way to go on 4 months, Creek. I hope you and your family get some good rest tonight.

Dee74 04-15-2015 06:50 PM

Congrats Creek :)

D

BBQBiker 04-15-2015 06:50 PM

Brynn - how are you feeling?

Jen in my earlier post about the Romania trip and novel I typed Kitty but I meant to type to you. Oy.

BBQBiker 04-15-2015 06:51 PM

Hey Marty there you are.
How is it going?

MariahGayle 04-15-2015 10:06 PM

Fabulous going on 4 months Creek:nyae I do hope you & your wife & MIL get some sleep tonight....poor girl. Proud of you for staying sober in a trying situation.

I'm here BBQ....long day. Went straight from work to my nephews little league game out of town with my Mom & watched his game & took them home & fixed them dinner so Sis & her Husband could take care of some business. Was fun to watch them play & glad I could do that for her.

I'm getting nervous about leaving my current job & starting a new one.....have the little voice saying "you know you probably wont be able to do this", so am trying to combat it with positive affirmations, staying in the moment (tough one for me). I was feeling overwhelmed & pissy yesterday & toward the end of the day I told myself that everything would be OK, as long as I don't drink....stay the course one day at a time, everything IS going to be OK. I get irritated that this, my addiction to a stupid liquid, has to be a part of my everyday, & hate the affect it has on so many.

On a positive note, the whether was beautiful here today, warming up again & looks like it will be a nice week-end. Think I will plan for a nice hike somewhere beautiful:) Cleaned up the garage Sunday & have my bike out & excited to start riding. Have a great day tomorrow everyone. Miss our missing Peeps

MLD51 04-16-2015 04:09 AM

Good morning!
Things are going fine, BBQ. Just adjusting to having 3 more people and another dog in the house. It's mostly great, but I was so used to my solitude! But I get that at work, I guess. The box office has been so boring.