SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2015 Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/361778-class-march-2015-part-2-a.html)

Dee74 03-15-2015 10:32 PM

Thanks Bobcat :)

D

Pouncer 03-16-2015 01:13 AM

Officially on Day 1 after tapering. Let the fun begin!

Mentium 03-16-2015 01:24 AM

Can I join the club please!? About thirst six hours in after messing around for the last month or so. Feeling not too bad considering.

Dee74 03-16-2015 01:28 AM

welcome to you both :)

D

Stu Purple 03-16-2015 03:03 AM

Hi Pouncer and Mentium. It's good to see you.

:)

EHoll1421 03-16-2015 04:15 AM

Today makes day 15! Two whole weeks in the books! School starts again today which im happy about, not so much down time. Welcome to the newcomers and prayers for us all. Have a blessed Monday :)

Dee74 03-16-2015 04:19 AM

good for you EHoll :)

D

jazzfish 03-16-2015 04:27 AM

Congrats, EHoll!

I got a full night of sleep last night, but still feel a bit exhausted. Looking forward to a productive and satisfying day of sobriety. I hope everyone has great day or nights.

Saskia 03-16-2015 05:02 AM

Spirit, no reason to feel out of line! When I kept relapsing, I found it was helpful to hear from those who were doing well, too. It gave me hope that I could do it too ... And so I did :-)

jazzfish 03-16-2015 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn (Post 5261898)
I feel a little outta line coming here to post about success after seeing that so many are struggling. I know how that goes though. Been through it plenty of times myself. I know that you guys can do this. Even if it takes awhile. :)

Spirit, I always a lot out of the positive/success posts. They really help me sort through what works and what is required for sobriety. Moreover, a day 8 post can offer hope to some just starting out, where a year 5 post may seem completely unattainable. Glad you rocked the weekend and will be having a sober Monday!

secretary 03-16-2015 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 5261509)
I'm back on deck guys - congrats to all those milestones and those newcomers I've missed.

I'll get up to speed quickly enough.

Never feel stupid for posting here when you drink need - we've all been there, we understand :)

What do you think drew you back to drinking?

D

Glad you are back Dee!

secretary 03-16-2015 05:25 AM

Made it through another night sober! 11 nights. I go to sleep okay at night but wake up every morning at 3:30 am and I am not liking that at all.

EHoll1421 03-16-2015 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by secretary (Post 5262267)
Made it through another night sober! 11 nights. I go to sleep okay at night but wake up every morning at 3:30 am and I am not liking that at all.

I have that same problem now. Every day at 438am im wide awake. I'd much rather be up then due to sobriety than up being sick.

NikTes 03-16-2015 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy (Post 5260842)
Hey checking in on day 4. Just came back from a 4 mile jog (crawl) did not drink last night and don't plan to. Woke up with the detox sweats this morning. :-)

Hey blackbird, how are you feeling this morning? My sweats lasted a few days, had them especially at night, but they do go away.

NikTes 03-16-2015 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by needtostopthis (Post 5261218)
I cant believe I am typing this. I FAILED. Day 1 again. I feel stupid for even posting here. Everyone is doing so well and I just cant seem to shake this. I feel so ill today. I was so dumb I went to a bar last night. This is getting out of control. I haven't done the bar thing in a long time, so I know I HAVE TO STOP.

Hugs to you, need and 2wheel. And you too, JD. And everyone struggling. New day.

NikTes 03-16-2015 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn (Post 5261898)
I feel a little outta line coming here to post about success after seeing that so many are struggling. I know how that goes though. Been through it plenty of times myself. I know that you guys can do this. Even if it takes awhile. :)

As for me, I am stoked! I made it through the weekend and that's always been my hardest time. Day 8 down and I'm almost to double digits!

This is great news, Spirit!

We have to savour the moments that feel good, especially if in the past they've been rare or out-weighed by the negative ones. You'll be in the double digits in no time! I know it.

jazzfish 03-16-2015 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by EHoll1421 (Post 5262288)
I have that same problem now. Every day at 438am im wide awake. I'd much rather be up then due to sobriety than up being sick.

EHoll, Secretary, I have the same problem at times. The good news is that you are sober and the world is your. Embrace the early morning time and do something with it like journal, meditate, exercise, drink coffee, plan your day, do some chores, come on here and read, anything!. I found I am much better off when I don't fight the insomnia. Also, since sleep is now high quality, you are probably still better rested than when drinking. It can be frustrating, but it will get back to normal soon enough.

NikTes 03-16-2015 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by secretary (Post 5262267)

Woohoo, secretary! Another night behind you! I've been waking up in the middle of the night too. Still having nightmares about drinking. Ugh.

JD4010 03-16-2015 05:56 AM

Starting on day 2. Happy Monday, everyone. :)

NikTes 03-16-2015 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by jazzfish (Post 5262249)
Spirit, I always a lot out of the positive/success posts. They really help me sort through what works and what is required for sobriety. Moreover, a day 8 post can offer hope to some just starting out, where a year 5 post may seem completely unattainable. Glad you rocked the weekend and will be having a sober Monday!

Yes, yes! I agree.

Also, I think about people shadowing/lurking this forum. I was one of them for a long time. Seeing milestones being met, even early ones, gave me hope that making the change was possible -- even if it meant struggles and side-steps in the interim.