SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of December 2014 Part 10 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/359467-class-december-2014-part-10-a.html)

brynn 02-17-2015 05:38 AM

Good morning y'all.

Love and hugs to everyone!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
xoxo

Tonks 02-17-2015 06:46 AM

Good morning my friends. Didn't sleep much but that's alright, I hope all of my littermates woke rested!

Off to run and then to work. Exciting life these days :roflmao

Oh I forgot! Chemo yesterday for mom and they either measured her multiple tumors wrong the first time or... The treatment is having positive results. The tumors are shrinking after a really dim prognosis. So while I'm guarded, the spark of hope has been fanned into a flame. They still increased the dosage so she's exhausted but she was smiling yesterday without tears in her eyes.... Which hasn't happened since this whole thing started. Thank you for all your loving thoughts and wishes in her regards.

Have a great morning guys!

BBQBiker 02-17-2015 06:53 AM

Tonks, your mom continues to be in my prayers. I love hearing about her smile.

MLD51 02-17-2015 07:41 AM

Guarded hope is better than none ! I'll pray for your mom. :)

BigShoe 02-17-2015 08:38 AM

That's great tonks. Happy day everybody

On the plane gonna fly!

brynn 02-17-2015 09:29 AM

Oh tonks! I'm so happy for your mom! Having hope is key for healing! She continues to be in my prayers!

Big....praying for your granny as well...have a safe trip and enjoy your time with her. ❤️

xoxo

Midwest1981 02-17-2015 10:31 AM

Thst is awesome Tonks! Glad your mom is having good results with chemo.

Hi Rose!!

Hi Brynn!!

Hi BBQBiker- I love waking up and feeling energized too. I have been hitting my 10 k steps and watching what I eat.

Today is two weeks sober for me, Kittycat, and Erin8!

CristinaN 02-17-2015 10:59 AM

Hi everyone. I was wondering if I could join y'all in the December class. I joined SR in April and became sober on Dec 20. I am in aa and doing my daily (sometimes hourly) prayer and meditation but I feel like I want this extra support. I look forward to getting to know everyone. :)

Midwest1981 02-17-2015 11:37 AM

Absolutely nice to meet you Cristina! This is a great group of people. You came to the right place. Congrats on your sobriety!!

Stubbs16 02-17-2015 11:37 AM

Hey cristinaN, hello! Of course we want you here. Glad to see you back.
Bigshoe, best wishes for your Gma.
Tonks, glad your Mom is improving.

Denise, thanks so much for sharing that with me. It gives me much hope for my own journey. I believe God can do for us, what we can't do for ourselves. I do think we need to put in the footwork tho, and make a firm decision to what we really need. Its been said so often on these forums, you got to really want to not drink, more then you want to. Makes sense to me.

Will catch up later tonight. I've been so busy today, and getting ready to make a pot of chili for dinner.
Love to all

Stubbs16 02-17-2015 01:02 PM

Mid, Kitty and Erin, huge congrats on 2 weeks! Well done !

Brynn, thoughts and prayers with you today. Please let us know how things are.

Taking a much needed sit down for now. Chili is cooking away, doggies are napping, TG! I really love the new puppy boy Riley, but he is a bit of a handful for me. I think he's going on 2 months old now, and still not getting the potty training idea just right yet! I'm not crate training, as I'm here all day. Using positive reinforcements, treats, regular feeding times, breaks outside, puppy pads, etc. If anyone wants to add some advice, please feel free! I haven't been a puppy Mom since the late 90s. Any advice and tips much appreciated friends.

So, what are these bath bombs? I've never heard of them before. They must be great, because it seems a lot of people who love baths, are talking about them. I'm mostly a shower person, myself.

Had to shovel out again today. Woke up to -12 this am. Got to move all that snow again, big freeze coming in here the next few days. All in all though, this winter is very mild as compaired to last years. We have been lucky so far.

I'm already thinking of spring, and picked up some flower seeds already. Have a plan in mind for this year. Going to do morning glorys around all my fences, and get a garden arch as well. Also have an idea for a wildflower area. I have a lot of land in my back yard. Really love gardening.

Ok, back to the rest of dinner. Time to add beans to chili, make a pan of cornbread.

Omorose, glad you checked in! Been wondering about you. Will read , catch up later class.

Tonks 02-17-2015 02:19 PM

Welcome to the class Cristina! Congratulations on your sobriety so far! happyface:

keithurbanfan 02-17-2015 02:38 PM

Welcome Cristina!

Checking in - doing fine. I was in a professional learning class all day, and that wore me out. We're going to our monthly church supper tonight.....Mardi Gras is the theme.

I'm so glad omorose let us hear from her! Now we need forabetterlife to check in!

I'll chat with y'all later! <3

Della1968 02-17-2015 03:51 PM

Welcome Cristina...don't let us scare you...we really are a caring bunch!!

Yay for Tonka's mom!! I hate cancer.

Max I hear you on the puppy when I got Cujo it had been 13 years since I had a puppy...I didn't think I was going too survive!

Tonks 02-17-2015 03:53 PM

.... You named your puppy Cujo? Wth della :lmao

brynn 02-17-2015 03:55 PM

I did have a miscarriage. I pretty much knew it but I was holding out hope that I was wrong.
I've got a lot of conflicting feelings going on right now and not sure how to deal with it so I guess I'll use the only means of escape I've got right now and try to sleep. I feel like a worthless piece of crud right now.
Sorry I'm such a downer right now. Love you guys.
And welcome to the fold Cristina.

Tonks 02-17-2015 04:11 PM

Brynn.... I'm so sorry...

I don't know why this has happened but I do know that it was not your fault. You've been taking amazing strides and have accomplished so much since we all started this journey together. Your continued courage and optimism in the face of surmounting challenges have inspired us consistently and while it may not seem like much, Please know that we are all here to support you in any way possible....

With love,

Junior

Stubbs16 02-17-2015 04:42 PM

Brynn, So sorry. Yes, get some sleep. I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better. You've always been here for the class, so we are here for you. Take comfort in knowing we all care about you so much. I know you will come out strong, as you always do. Sending love and prayers your way. Thanks for checking in. :ring

CristinaN 02-17-2015 04:46 PM

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome :)

Brynn I don't know your situation but I do know that miscarriages are heartbreaking so I am praying for you to have the strength to get through this tough time.

Della1968 02-17-2015 05:00 PM

Brynn I am very sorry you have had a lot to take in. Take care of you. Xoxo

Tonka his name is Doozer because I always loved those little guys on Fraggle Rock...he earned the nickname Cujo....