SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2015 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/358185-class-february-2015-a.html)

aistar 02-01-2015 04:27 PM

Welcome patricia.:)

Gardennerd 02-01-2015 04:29 PM

Tell me about. Worst few days of my life, and my wife wants to leave me.

Dee74 02-01-2015 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Esspee (Post 5175606)
Does today count as my day 1? It's just gone midnight and I had my last drink about 5 hours ago but I'm still under the affects of alcohol as I had 2 bottles of wine

There are two main schools of thought - one counts from the first day you are sober, the other counts from the day you had your last drink.

I chose the latter cos that's the day I committed to changing my life :)

D

Dee74 02-01-2015 04:31 PM

Welcome gardennerd and Patricia :)

D

Esspee 02-01-2015 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 5175646)
There are two main schools of thought - one counts from the first day you are sober, the other counts from the day you had your last drink.

I chose the latter cos that's the day I committed to changing my life :)

D

Thank you

I'm counting today as day 1. Although I'm not sober, I'm sober enough to decide this is it. I've got to get a grip on things as my life is verging on non-existent. I don't drink out the house (except a disastrous holiday last August. Too embarrassing to think about!) so I spend most of my time at home.

ting 02-01-2015 07:41 PM

Hi I'm joining this gang. It's where all the cool sober kids hang out right?
Day 1.
Feeling crappy!

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-

GraceHolly 02-01-2015 07:48 PM

I'm in. My last day 1! I'm so ready for a drama-free, shame-free life.... ��

Fallow 02-01-2015 08:46 PM

Welcome everyone new. Ive been here quite some time but still not gotten to the promised land. Due to my own short comings of course.

I plan to post here every day this month as a goal... and to stay sober. Of course I plan for long term sobriety but I need to start somewhere again. Having my last drink now.

Looking back Ive had 3 beers and 3 shots tonight. Lying in bed with the 3rd beer now.

Cheers to sobriety

sleepie 02-01-2015 08:56 PM

Joining cause I flubbed January.

sleepie 02-01-2015 09:17 PM

oops not a newcomer to the forum though

Sisterbobby 02-01-2015 09:29 PM

I stopped drinking jan 4th and i'm joining this thread cuz I do not want to drink in feb also.

Dee74 02-02-2015 01:09 AM

Welcome to you all - Ting, GraceHolly, Fallow, Sleepie and sisterbobby :)

D

Behan 02-02-2015 04:09 AM

Hello all, may I join in? Sober since 4th Jan 2015, so missed the Jan class! Would like to stay sober for Feb 2015.

Best wishes,

B

GTTC 02-02-2015 04:18 AM

Proud to be with the class of February 2015. Also here to give support and receive the support I need to be successful in this journey.

AGAGONNHOJ 02-02-2015 04:22 AM

I just made it through week one, after struggling off and on over the past year (last month managed 1 week sober, then had some wine on Sat, then another week sober, only to relapse the following week, having at least 2 large beers every day before going back on the wagon this time last week).

Feel pretty depressed right now as well, Patricia. Obviously I used to not feel like this because of having a beer or two every day (and a smoke). Guess the alcohol kept the emotions, anxiety etc at bay.

Also had a pretty **** day today - started well, but after spending the morning busting my ass to get a lesson together (I teach English in Chiang Rai, North Thailand), literally 7 students out of a class of 24 even showed up (nothing to do with me, really - as far as I know, this lot didn't even come to school at all - we just had a 10 day holiday at work, and they're probably still in lazy mode - plus this is Thailand, people are way too laid back, even lazy, about many things).

Earlier today I was in the local Tesco Lotus store - went dangerously close to the beer fridge - but somehow avoided that, and instead went for a large banana muffin instead - comfort food.

Which isn't great, but still preferable to relapsing into drinking (my smoking isn't really a problem in itself - I only ever want a smoke when I've had a drink; it basically goes hand in hand with the alcohol - so as long as I stay sober, I won't want a smoke).

Just hoping to hold on, and do everything I need to do at work, continue to get all the lessons planned, tests done etc. Just telling myself its only 3 weeks, then I'm done, then after term ends I can go to Wat Tam Wua during the loooong school holiday (Wat Tam Wua is a Buddhist meditation retreat I've stayed at before).

Just 3 weeks . . . just 3 weeks . . . just hope I can hold on. I've been doing so good since I moved to Chiang Rai. . .

Dee74 02-02-2015 04:58 AM

Welcome Behan GTTC and AGAGONNHOJ - You'll all find support here :)

D

Sulu1 02-02-2015 09:22 AM

Count me in for the Feb class.

Nice to meet you all. On my way home from work - going nowhere near the store tonight!

VoiceinmyHead 02-02-2015 09:41 AM

I have been sober for 8 days now, but I think the February class is where I will begin.
Here is to surviving this month and living a better March!

aldo1981 02-02-2015 10:16 AM

Hi everyone I am here to join the feb class. A bit about me first Iam 33 and had quit drinking going on 17 weeks but had a relapse Friday last week . I was coping well and was doing very well with the anxiety and depression but a few hrs on fri changed that so I am now ready to go again and am sure I don't want to drink ever again . Don't know what the going rate is for alcoholism but I was a Wednesday, fri & sat drinker every week and due to work stress and an addictive highly strung personality I crashed and burned ,, well that's me so lets go for a good month people.

StellaPolaris 02-02-2015 10:28 AM

I'll join this one too. Done relapsing, no more excuses.