SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of December 2014 Part 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/356985-class-december-2014-part-6-a.html)

erin8 01-20-2015 03:31 PM

It's gone

keithurbanfan 01-20-2015 03:32 PM

We're proud of you Erin!

Stubbs16 01-20-2015 03:42 PM

Good on you Erin! So proud and happy for you.

Just a quick checkin. Been super busy with new puppy, Riley is his name!
He's a lot of work, but so worth every moment of my time. Dingo is starting to like him too!

Had an awesome, happy today. Took my grandson to the park for a bit, it was just like the old times we once shared. I'm grateful and happy to be a part of his life. Weather has been a lot better this week then previous weeks. Nice to see the sun again, enjoy the days instead of being hung over and depressed all the time.

Kitty, great job on 4 days, today will make 5 for us! And FABL as well, if I remember correctly. Yay!

Congrats to everyone on their time, and being a part of the class.

In a hurry, off to a meeting. Catch up more later, thanks all.

Midwest1981 01-20-2015 04:51 PM

Yay Erin! Day 48 is great! :c011:

Brynn- I can't wait to hear about your shoes!!

Maximus- Riley sounds cute! Sounds like you had a great day with your grandson!! We have been having some awesome weather here too!!

BBQBiker 01-20-2015 05:00 PM

So proud of our litter.
Erin, you handled your situation in a way we have all learned from. Reaching out, dealing with your AV head on and winning. You rock!

Brynn and Shannon - run like the wind. I wear Saucony. I have never heard of Newton.

I have read every post and I love you all.

I'm zoning out tonight and resting. Lots of running around tomorrow and surgery Thursday to remove some "atypical" tissue from my breast. Supposedly not cancer but needs to be removed and tested to know definitively. I'm positive, focused and feeling good about it.
I am not worried. I do not crave a drink. I am not anxious. I am totally visualizing all going well.

forabetterlife 01-20-2015 05:05 PM

Hello friends ... Just a quick checkin. First to congratulate Erin on that huge victory over the AV. I hope this just builds in your courage and strength. What you did, coming so close and shutting it down is amazing... And tough. So proud of you and I hope you are proud of yourself too :)

I've been quiet. I had an ok day yesterday with dad at first, taking him to all his appointments, but it turned awful at the end. He got out of my moving (luckily slowly) car when I wouldn't stop to let him get booze and he crossed a busy highway and he bought 2 big bottles of whiskey. The whole story is so ugly and so heartbreaking, I won't even go into the rest right now. He is a completely different person than the man I knew and loved for 44 years. The brain cancer and lesions are making him practically crazy and then it's manifesting in his alcoholism as well.

Working and talking with family and friends to try to determine the next steps and what we can do to help him. In the middle of it all, work is stressful and busy and my kids and everything else in life.

But there are blessings in there as well. The relationship I was so torn up over.. still hurts but I'm seeing things more clearly and accepting that it's for the best. I don't deserve to be treated like that. There's someone better for me out there somewhere. A painful foot condition I thought I'd need surgery on has miraculously disappeared. And my mom graciously gave me money to catch up on bills and ease my financial worries a bit.

Grateful for all of you and for being a part of this group.

brynn 01-20-2015 05:28 PM

Hey y'all! :)

Fabl...thanks for checking in! I've been thinking about you and your dad. I know how hard it is to see someone you've known all your life suddenly change right in front of your eyes like that and I'm so sorry you're witnessing that! You're a good daughter and he's blessed to have you.

Sister B...you are in my thoughts and prayers as always, but especially right now as you go through this procedure. Keep thinking positively and let us know how it goes. Love you and am so grateful to be part of your life.

Erin I'm so proud of you! You totally rock! :)

Hi sister Shannon, tonks, max ( love your puppy's name) Midwest, mld and everybody else!! :)

Y'all, I didn't get to go shopping today, long story but I'm having some swelling in my legs and am just beyond exhausted. But....I already know I'm getting a pair of Brooks! I used to always, I mean ALWAYS wear New Balance...they are supposed to be THE best shoe for your feet, but at the end of the summer I got a pair of Brooks just to change things up a bit and I love them! I usually buy running shoes every two to three months depending on how many miles I log, and these Brooks have held up really well. :)

Congrats to everyone for being sober today and for being a big part of my sobriety! We are all battling different things, and we are doing it sober and together!
Love and hugs to each of you!
xoxo

MariahGayle 01-20-2015 05:36 PM

Way to go Erin......really proud of you too!

FABL - I'm sorry about your day with your Dad.....that would be really stressful & worrisome. Glad that you have family who are sharing in this with you & that together you can do what's best for your Dad. I think it is outstanding too that you are finding gratitude in the things that are good in your life & valuing yourself as being worthy of more than the man has to offer you. ((hugs to you))

Thanks for the meeting reminder Tonks.......really think that is a good idea for me tonight & although it is out of my comfort zone, I will be there.

Della1968 01-20-2015 05:36 PM

Just checking in to let you all know I am thinking of and praying for all of you and all the struggles you face. We really have a strong group.

brynn 01-20-2015 05:39 PM

Hi Mariah and Della! :)

MariahGayle 01-20-2015 05:40 PM

BBQ - ((hugs)) to you too & will be thinking of you & sending positive thoughts & love your way!!

Della1968 01-20-2015 05:41 PM

I am going to have to try Brooks I have gotten New Balance for years. Maybe time to switch things up.

brynn 01-20-2015 05:54 PM

Della...don't get me wrong, I'm still a New Balance fan, but Brooks are super comfy and fit my foot like they were custom made for me! (I have a super high arch). In the past I've had problems with the ball of my foot hurting, but not in these shoes. :)

erin8 01-20-2015 06:16 PM

You're all awesome. Thank you for being here.
BBQ- I hope everything turns out ok. I'll be thinking about you.

You're all making me consider exercising again. I really need to.

Hope you all have a good night. Check in with y'all tomorrow.

MariahGayle 01-20-2015 06:18 PM

Help......I'm logged into the chat room but I guess dont know what to do from there??

brynn 01-20-2015 06:21 PM

Hi Erin!! You're pretty awesome yourself !!! :)

A side note about the chat meeting...if you're on an iPad be prepared to keep getting kicked out of the meeting....this is the second meeting I've gotten booted from (and NO....I didn't say anything wrong to get kicked out!!! :) ). Its a technical issue apparently. :(

brynn 01-20-2015 06:22 PM

Mariah if your on an iPad someone has to drag you in to the meeting.

MariahGayle 01-20-2015 06:25 PM

Im not......:headbange......I've been in once before but clearly don't know what I'm doing & I was already frustrated before I started. Thank you though Brynn:)

Jsbodhi 01-20-2015 06:28 PM

Good to know, I haven't been to a meeting but I'm on an ipad

brynn 01-20-2015 06:34 PM

Sorry Mariah! :( I'm frustrated too about it! Opivitol can walk you through it...or on the next meeting get to the chat room a few minutes early and ask her to drag you in to the meeting...that's what I have to do.

Tonks said other iPad people were having problems too, jsbodhi. :(