SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2013 part 36 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/355095-class-march-2013-part-36-a.html)

Marcher13 01-21-2015 03:00 AM

The way I've always thought of us? Like this, this is what I think of when we Marchers "march" and this looks like the whole of SR is with us. It even shows Trachy in masquerade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiU-n_lWAio

Gilmer 01-21-2015 03:01 AM

I'd fall in the water if I attempted that! :fright:

venuscat 01-21-2015 03:06 AM

That is absolutely awesome Marcher!
(Wonder why those two guys were wearing horse heads though? Unless one of them was trach...hmmm. ;))

Duffster 01-21-2015 03:47 AM

Yikes! I don't like reading over my old posts, I came off as so self absorbed!

My award goes to all of you who were here when I came back in Oct of 2013. There was no judgment, just open arms and encouragement to get right back up. And because of that I've been able to do so for over a year now. I have a special award for Chuff because it was his post that gave me the courage to pipe up even though I was lurking.

I give another award to Dee, Budd, North, Trach & DD for balancing out all the estrogen in this group and bringing a masculine perspective (and sense of humor) with them.

Finally, let's face it, Dee is in a category all to himself. I find it hard to keep up with one group -- but he manages to stick with us, say all the right things, and do it for how many other groups??

Love you all so much.:ring
xoxo

Gilmer 01-21-2015 03:49 AM

I 100% agree--Dee is in a whole 'nother stratosphere! :) He should get a platinum award, whereas the rest of us can have regular gold.

Duffster 01-21-2015 03:52 AM

Urgh, ok, now I have to be honest! I'm not tapering off my AD, I went cold turkey. I know! I did this last time and it was horrible for about 2 weeks, but then it was over. I had planned to taper but I guess I got impatient and just stopped. So I'm not myself at the moment. 72 hours into it and really, it was much worse last time (this is a different drug). I've been exercising and drinking lots of waters so maybe that's helping but didn't get much sleep last night. I have a really full day so hoping I can get through it.

Gilmer 01-21-2015 03:55 AM

Hopefully you can squeeze a nap in if you need it. :)

Dee74 01-21-2015 04:01 AM

Hope you feel better soon Duff :)

thanks for the kind words guys :)

D

Saskia 01-21-2015 04:59 AM

Oh my, what a wonderful trip down memory lane! The Marchers are so very special. Marcher, thanks for sharing that video - it brought a big smile to my face :-)

Dee gets the credit for my being here! My original thread had slowed down some and I was struggling. Dee kept asking me to think about what else I needed to add and I think he suggested also joining the current thread - the Marchers. I was struck by the liveliness and humor and just kept on reading and posting. And we all know how that ended up :-). Thank heavens we didn't get kicked off permanently. It was partly that wonderful dash of irreverent humor that made this group. Every group has it's stronger members but I never felt that anyone tried to dominate this thread. There's always been this terrific intertwining of support and humor and you all (both born into and adopted by the Marchers) are incredibly special.

And note to Babs, I hope you will stay with us and let us hug you and support you. I am humbled by the unwavering love and support shown to me by the Marchers as I stumbled and fell off the wagon many times.

You all are the very best! (((Hugs)))

1Dayatatyme 01-21-2015 10:01 AM

Miss a day, and so much to catch up on! I loved Marcher Mania days... the world cruise was the highlight of my life back then...

I also love the early days of Marchers 13... I couldn't understand some of the references and had to ask questions... remember haggis??? Turned out that I made my first international friends! I was so happy and excited! I love adventure and exploring new places... and to think I was able to enjoy all that right from my cozy little house... the best of both worlds. Oh, and on top of that... having support and a daily reminder that being clean and sober is my top priority, as it is what leads me to true peace of mind, serenity, and happiness.

Currently, I am watching , IMO, a magnificent series: Doc Martin... not the shoes that were recently mentioned, but the actual M.D. It is so addictive!
Starting season 4... as you all know me by now, I get yearnings to travel to places that I am hearing about or reading about. So of course I want to go to Cornwall... what beautiful countryside and coast! Someday... also, if we ever do another world tour... I call dibs on the Cornish countryside!

BuddinK 01-21-2015 10:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 25968I have my suit for the awards ceremony!

Gilmer 01-21-2015 10:49 AM

L O L ! :lmao

venuscat 01-21-2015 12:11 PM

So, that is fashion huh. Lordy.

Hope you are OK Duff.
Stopping a med cold turkey can make us feel horrendous.
Huge hugs.

BuddinK 01-21-2015 12:14 PM

Seeing I'm at least twice the size of the model, imagine how big my suit will be!!!!

Gilmer 01-21-2015 12:29 PM

That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time!

Saskia 01-21-2015 12:29 PM

Budd, about all I can say is, WOW! At least it seems unlikely that the mods will remove that one, unlike the cafe pic that I happened to "catch" during the few minutes between posting and removal!

1Day, yes, I love Doc Martin :-). My sister introduced me to that series and I was hooked.

BuddinK 01-21-2015 12:48 PM

That christmas pic may have set the record for quickest deletion! So now, all pics will have a G rating!

BuddinK 01-21-2015 12:51 PM

Let's hope for no gas producing foods, I'd look like an accordian being played!

Marcher13 01-21-2015 02:17 PM

Good morning Marchers from a hot steamy Paradise, and from Mr Marcher's birthday. We are trying to work out he got to 62 but I gotta say for him he doesn't look 62 even if he's an arthritic old codger.

1Day isn't Doc Martin a great series? I'm glad you are enjoying it. Ken I think that suit is really you but it needs a hat.

Have a good day peeps.

Gilmer 01-21-2015 02:18 PM

Hope Mr. Marcher has a very happy birthday!