SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24-Hour Recovery Connections Part 25 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/351054-24-hour-recovery-connections-part-25-a.html)

ardy 11-24-2014 06:33 AM

another 24 for me please and play and dance and have joy.. Holly the Holiday Clown....Bing Crosby - Happy Holiday - YouTube

Findingtheway 11-24-2014 06:35 AM

Here for yet another 24 hours. Today marks 53 days of continuous sobriety.

Thanks SR.

Soberwolf 11-24-2014 07:24 AM

Well done finding you sir are awesome

Congrats to everyone

Altoids 11-24-2014 07:25 AM

Good morning. Happy Monday everyone. I'm checking in for another fabulous day. God is good!

growpath 11-24-2014 08:25 AM

Good Morning My Beauties!

I think I may have slept for 30 minutes last night. Ugh! But on the positive note I will sleep well tonight ;)

Goat - I love the music. My mom introduced me to that band and I fell in love along with Cat Stevens (now Yusuf Islam, lol), America and a few others. Sometime I think I was born in the wrong generation :) Thanks for that it helped my unrested morning even though I almost fell asleep ;)

Anyway, doing my favorite part of the day and checking in with you for another 24 hours of positivity, growth, experience and chances all possible because of sobriety :)

Congrats to all the milestoners & prayers to those who suffer still.

I got a lot today as I needed some EXTRA reminders as well oxox

“Just know, when you truly want success, you’ll never give up on it. No matter how bad the situation may get.”

“Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.”

“I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.”

“Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.”

“Its hard to wait around for something you know might never happen; but its harder to give up when you know its everything you want.”

“One of the most important keys to Success is having the discipline to do what you know you should do, even when you dont feel like doing it.”

“Good things come to those who wait… greater things come to those who get off their ass and do anything to make it happen.”

“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude.”

“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”

“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated. If they can’t see the real value of you, it’s time for a new start.”

"Don't be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone"

“The best revenge is massive success.”

“Forget all the reasons it won’t work and believe the one reason that it will.”

“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.”

“The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.”

“Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.”

“When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

“Life is like photography. You need the negatives to develop.”

“Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.”

“The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered there is opportunity for growth.”

“Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.”

“The only thing that stands between you and your dream is the will to try and the belief that it is actually possible.”

“Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?”

“We learn something from everyone who passes through our lives.. Some lessons are painful, some are painless.. but, all are priceless.”

“Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. it means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

“Nobody ever wrote down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy, or stupid. Those things are what happen when you don’t have a plan.”

“Three things you cannot recover in life: the WORD after it’s said, the MOMENT after it’s missed and the TIME after it’s gone. Be Careful!”

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

“When the past calls, let it go to voicemail, believe me, it has nothing new to say.”

“Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.”

“Walk away from anything or anyone who takes away from your joy. Life is too short to put up with fools.”

“Love what you have. Need what you want. Accept what you receive. Give what you can. Always remember, what goes around, comes around…”

“Just remember there is someone out there that is more than happy with less than what you have.”

“The biggest failure you can have in life is making the mistake of never trying at all.”

“Life has two rules: #1 Never quit #2 Always remember rule # 1.”

“No one is going to hand me success. I must go out & get it myself. That’s why I’m here. To dominate. To conquer. Both the world, and myself.”

"never settle for less than butterflies"

"its an amazing thing when you finally settle in to knowing you will never fit in. the difference between you and the rest of the world is you feel too much about too many things and most others feel not enough about too few. keep standing out and keep showing the crowd what being extra ordinary and not settling is all about"

"every single thing that is happening in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come"

Have a great sober day everyone and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. You guys are so special to me!! I cant even begin to express the gratitude!!!!!!!

erfra7 11-24-2014 08:26 AM

:c009:
I have the flu, no in full mode but is there, so today I decide to stay home from work, and that is not easy for me, I like my work.
24 more please to keep going and discover more about myself. http://http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg...f0c7beb9a7.jpg

lets have a wonderful Monday.

courage2 11-24-2014 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Cascabel (Post 5036326)
I'm ready for another sober day.

Something about this post I love. When was I ever ready for a day when I was drinking?

Gilmer 11-24-2014 08:52 AM

Erfra, listen to your body and rest up!

Growpath, those are great!

growpath 11-24-2014 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by erfra7 (Post 5036798)
:c009:
I have the flu, no in full mode but is there, so today I decide to stay home from work
lets have a wonderful Monday.

feel better love bug! :grouphug:

Gilmer - thanks xoxo glad you enjoyed <3 :grouphug:

hearts - forgot to mention....have "fun" with the hubby tonight lol :a213:

And is it a 30 day celebration for Suze (V) today ?!?!?!:You_Rock_

Gilmer 11-24-2014 09:05 AM

Happy 30 days, V!

I've got your 1 month marked down as Wednesday, the 26th. Is that correct?

Soberwolf 11-24-2014 09:13 AM

Happy 30 days V

martina12 11-24-2014 09:48 AM

Hi all...could I please start checking in again? wobbled all over the place but need to get back in the saddle so 24 hours for me please?

SnowDawg 11-24-2014 09:54 AM

I've had too much spare time on my hands last day. I spent it sleeping instead of listening to AV, that dirty **** With that said I'll take another 24. Love the Egg Nog that's out now :)
Blaine, WA at 9:54 AM.

biminiblue 11-24-2014 10:09 AM

Welcome back, martina12! We're glad you're here.

In the 12 Step forums today, one of my favorite AA quotes:

*~*~*~*~*^ Big Book Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"We alcoholics are sensitive people. It takes some of us a long time
to outgrow that serious handicap."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 1st Edition, The Family Afterward, pg. 125~

I got sucked into the forums this morning.

I am pledging to not drink for the next 24 hours. I'm not tempted, but the thought still comes up.

PurpleKnight 11-24-2014 10:31 AM

In for another 24hrs!! :)

Soberwolf 11-24-2014 10:32 AM

Welcome bk Martina

Gilmer 11-24-2014 10:46 AM

Welcome back, Martina!

ardy 11-24-2014 11:15 AM

1:14 pm afternoon Wisconsin Southeastern side Snowing like crazy out there.. home in a bit and making chili for dinner hugs to all and play in the snow or walk with your fav bow,. ardy...

growpath 11-24-2014 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Gilmer (Post 5037058)
Welcome back, Martina!

:ring welcoming you back with open arms along with everyone else here xoxox

maggpie666999 11-24-2014 11:59 AM

Great job everyone

i see alot of people who made many days sober days. i hope to be like you all, very inspiring to me as i am only day 1

-:ringclean and sober since november 24, 2014