SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of August 2014 Part 11 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/348847-class-august-2014-part-11-a.html)

Choobie 10-29-2014 06:29 PM

Way to go on 75, Scooter!!!!:You_Rock_

I think the AV will hit us from time to time. I often think through just the day. There is no reason to contemplate forever all of the time, when all you can do is really just not drink right now. It doesn't mean I won't stay sober, it just means I have an addiction. I don't have to drink just because I'm addicted to alcohol!

It feels like it happens less and less the longer I stay sober, but it still happens.

My card says:
Self-respect
My children's respect
To keep what I have
To wake up feeling at peace
For clear thought
For a clear conscious
For an open heart
For a delighted mind
For a well fed soul
For a body that thanks me

I keep this is my wallet, in my purse, briefcase, and by my bed. It helps me remember what I lose when I drink and what I have to be thankful for today.

Choobie 10-29-2014 06:29 PM

Great job on 70, cleareyes!!!!!! :c011:

penkins 10-29-2014 06:32 PM

Happy bday boo n brach!!

Ending day 2. APPLE? How's my sober twin doing? Ya with me???

It's early but I am sooo tired. Worked from home today. Usually that is a huge temptation for me. But I made it thru sober! Woohoo! Did the family dinner thing and watched tv with them (typically after dinner Id hide in the bedroom to watch tv n drink). After TV time I came to bed and read a chapter in my book. But I'm too tired to read anymore. My eyes are drooping. Sooo it's 8:30, both my furr babies are snuggled up next to me and Im turning out the lights.

Good night friends! See ya tomorrow!

Stubbs16 10-29-2014 06:47 PM

Scooter, happy bday early! And good for you on not doing the pity party tonight. And congrats on your 75 days. That's awesome!
I'm feeling a bit let down tonight. I don't have a scale, but just did weigh in at a friends house today.Since my journey here I've gained 8 lbs! And my sober days have been more then my drunk ones. I think this is due to the fact that through all the withdraws, etc, good days, I've allowed myself much more food then I should have had. And not exercising as I once did. Plus, I love to eat, I'm a foodie for sure. Well, these #s didn't set well with me, so now I'm going to have to get up off my arse, and do something about it. I can't tolerate being too much overweight. And my docs wouldn't like it either. So, the sober and now the diet journey continues. Wish me luck team A. I will need all your support as always. Thanks team. I'm hungry as I type... what? Maybe some vegs, or a v8 juice? I'm always hungry these days. When drinking too much, I never ate that much. This is hard. Thanks team A.

TXAlchy2 10-29-2014 07:31 PM

Hi everyone.

We've got some serious high numbers rolling in. Congrats to all of you!

Penkins, glad you're doing alright through day two. You'll get your energy back in a few days, I'm sure.

Choobie, thanks for your list. Helps me remember my own card.

Max, I know what you mean about the eating. I can't seem to get full lately and have probably put on about the same amount of weight in the same amount of time. Doesn't help that I have a nagging foot injury which is keeping me from jogging. I'm sure we'll each get a handle on it.

New job is forcing me to get up super early, so I've been beat recently. Glad to be a part of this team.

Applekat 10-29-2014 07:41 PM

With ya, penkins. :)

Just finished season 2 of scandal. Wow. What a finale.

Stubbs16 10-29-2014 07:44 PM

Thanks Tx. I am craving food so much now, like I never did before. Hope this passes. Cleareyes, congrats much on your days. You are doing so great. You dont post often, so I just wanted to say Im very proud of you, and glad you checked in.

calichris 10-29-2014 08:39 PM

Happy Bday Scooter and happy 75!!!!!! You deserve a happy healthy sober life and you are doing so well !!!!

calichris 10-29-2014 08:40 PM

Congrats everyone else whether you are on day 2, 30, 50, 70, 90 etc. !!
Good sober night Team August. Love you all, Chris

Dee74 10-29-2014 09:00 PM

Congrats ScooterBoo and ClearEyes - and Happy Birthday Scooter and Brach :)

CaptainWhip 10-29-2014 09:55 PM

Well done to you all hitting milestones.

Messed up pretty bad tonight. Hate what I'm gonna feel tomorrow.

Dee74 10-29-2014 10:04 PM

what about aiming to make tomorrow different Captain? :)
what have you got to lose?

D

pinklinzangel 10-30-2014 12:14 AM

Morning from the UK!
London beat you to it :-) hope you're doing ok my friend and have a great day :-)
ph7 Day 84!!!! congratulations!!! and passing your theory test too- no stopping you now!! well done :-)
[B]Chhobie[B] well done on winning the AV battle, identifying the trigger is key and you did good by not going to the pub, be proud of yourself. Love your card list, Im going to do the same for when I have blue days. thans for sharing.
cleareyes day 70 is amazing!!!!! well done!!!!
penkins I get you on working from home, I had a study day yesterday and managed to eat my way through 2 large bags of popcorn trying to shut the AV up. its a good feeling when you get through to the end of the day though isn't it? well done chick :-)
max if you need to, eat the AV away. once the AV is better under control, you can exercise the food away. frustrating but its bit by bit, and being sober is mor important than being skinny, you can do this!!!!
1step - requesting a check in please....worried about you, hope you're doing ok honey xxx
tx keep going, you're doing fantastically!

I am up early checking in before an unexciting study day about care planning (yawn). would much rather be at work doing my job than sitting in a classroom talking about it, but never mind. then im doing xmas shopping with my mum in town and we are going for food together. she has chosen a wetherspoons as its curry night. haven't been in wetherspoons since I stopped drinking. it was always the first pub on a night out. not because it was a nice pub, because it was the cheapest to get plastered in before the nightclub. I will not let this scupper me, I am actually looking forward to watching others drink, to see how it looks from the outside as at home nobody drinks around me. I know if I get tempted my mum will stop me, so I feel safe.

I will try to get a picture of mavis, the poor lady!! no promises though , teasing her is one thing, stalking is an arrestable offence!!!

hope you all have a good day xxx

pinklinzangel 10-30-2014 12:15 AM

captain keep trying. try again today xx

pinklinzangel 10-30-2014 12:16 AM

scooter Massive congratulations on day 75, and happy birthday my friend :-) so very proud of you, you are doing fantastically well xxx

pinklinzangel 10-30-2014 12:40 AM

whoop just clicked I am 9 weeks today :-) that's put a spring in my step, and that is definitely one to throw back at the av if it starts up!!!!! yay me :-)

sthlondonab 10-30-2014 01:22 AM

Hey all

Massive congrats on the 70's and 80's and any milestone - saw a few.

Pink - 9 weeks is great!

On my way to work. Got through last nights pity party. I have a little today but I can feel it lifting. I am ready for you Thursday!!

Today I am grateful for :

I have a job and Income
I have a seat on the train today and I am travelling at peak hour
My flat was nice and warm when I woke up
SR and checking in
My huge bucket of coffee! And free newspaper
My phone - I will use it to connect to people today and get out of this lonely AV space :-)
The trip I have booked for next weekend.

I will also force myself to get to an AA meeting today. I am going to go to a different part of town so I can just sit and listen and remind myself why I attend.

Dee74 10-30-2014 02:26 AM

Congrats PinkLinzAngel

D

CaptainWhip 10-30-2014 02:57 AM

OK, what the hell. Iv'e been drinking all night and it's nearly 10AM.

And the worst part is iv'e been drinking alone, by myself, in my room.

Weak, stupid, ignorant don't get close to what I am.

Sorry to all those expecting something of me. I'm just weak screw up.

Dee74 10-30-2014 02:59 AM

The longer you beat yourself up and drink by routine and instinct the harder it's going to be to stop Captain.

It's not going to be pretty - but the best thing you could do for yourself today is stop drinking and not buy anymore booze, man.

D